Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Discussion

ApolloSupreme

CAGiversary!
So the reviews are coming in and the consensus appears to be that this is a fun game, that it's refreshing while keeping some of the core identifying aspects that people recognize as COD.

I picked up the game last night and spent one hour on the campaign and two hours in multiplayer and here are my thoughts:

1. Campaign: I found myself dieing a lot more early on than any other COD while I got the hang of the new abilities(I was messing around alot). The controls were spot on, the graphics are nice, the acting is great and the presentation is stellar. I really enjoyed it until I got to the nuclear plant mission. When riding an elevator I was ordered to launch my drone and so I did, from a corner providing cover on the elevator. Once I dominated all the baddies awaiting outside via the fun as hell drone and went to move into action I discovered my character was stuck in the floor and couldn't jump or move. I restored to the last checkpoint but that happened to be right where I was. My conclusion was that I would have to redo the mission when I was only a matter of minutes from replacing the primary objective. Maybe it was a freak thing and I know it was the only glitch I encounter. Watch out on that elevator people all the same. This is where I decided to test MP.

2. Multiplayer: I only managed a 1:1 KD during my play and that's a little below where I like to be but I had some serious fun. The maps are pretty big but you don't find yourself away from the action much, especially once you start to learn the choke points. Fully auto assault rifles seem to work a lot better than SMG due to the map size. You'll find yourself many times facing long corridors and so you want a weapon that performs well at range. I'd imagine a sniper rifle would do well and I will try it out as my secondary weapon(via perk loadouts) tonight. No lag or server issues. I did find myself in a situation about five times where I pumped a dozen bullets in an enemy only to die and watch a replay where that never really happened. My connection is quality so I write it off as a launch thing. A few deaths out of dozens and dozens of kills and deaths is a very small portion.

The boost and power slide are game changers if you use them right. I got schooled a couple times by guys who had mastered it and caught me by surprise with it. Likewise I made a few kills and escaped a few deaths by using it myself. There were a lot of campers last night. Those guys will be lucky to go 1:1 once everybody gets the hang of this new COD because things are so FAST and you can cover ground like never before by way of jumping roof top to roof top and power slides. The power slide reminded me a little of Vanquish only that it lasts a few seconds. The double jump is about the same as the the first double jump you get in Destiny.

I like the load out screen and options. I like the character customization although I wish we could use shaders on our characters.

FYI, I only played TDM.

I would give the game an 85% score. It's not a masterpiece but it's a lot of fun and won't get boring anytime soon. Anybody who says the typical hate COD hate speech towards this game is flat out wrong and would remove their head from their ass.

Last edited by a moderator:
Havent played the SP yet, but I put a few hours in the MP and its awesome. Its the most fun I've had since Black Ops. The maps are great and the exo suit really makes the gameplay feel fresh to me. It took a few matches to get the hang of everything though. I also love how you can add perks to the scorestreaks. The only problem I have so far is when someone talks their name is displayed right in the middle of the screen. Not sure why they thought that was a good idea lol

Havent played the SP yet, but I put a few hours in the MP and its awesome. Its the most fun I've had since Black Ops. The maps are great and the exo suit really makes the gameplay feel fresh to me. It took a few matches to get the hang of everything though. I also love how you can add perks to the scorestreaks. The only problem I have so far is when someone talks their name is displayed right in the middle of the screen. Not sure why they thought that was a good idea lol
I thought the same thing. Although BLOPS didn't have as many maps well suited to mid to long range. I enjoy mid to long ranged battles and one of my favourite maps in COD all time is that winter map with the big machine in the corner in BLOPS 1.

If one of my friends are willing to go half and gameshare with me then I might. I think it includes the Zombie mode as well now.

I did find myself in a situation about five times where I pumped a dozen bullets in an enemy only to die and watch a replay where that never really happened.
I've only played around 4 hours of multiplayer, but this has been my experience many many times. It's extremely frustrating to die that way. I'll give it some more time, but if things keep going that way for me, I won't be playing much longer

I've put about 5 -6 hours in on Hardcore Kill Confirmed.    SP is great so far.  and the MP is great as well.  Playing hardcore I can't tell if there was lag, I did play  regular TDM and Kill confirmed; while playing I experienced s little lag here and there.  At times, just before a death it felt like the game paused me.  You would think at times (while playing hardcore) there would be instances of a stalemate, however it's always one person killing the other.  

Playing through the story and holy hell does the game look good. Best looking game I have seen. Bravo to sledgehammer on this.

I haven't started on SP yet, but the MP is great so far.  Way better than Ghosts.  Only map I'm not digging so far is the one that's on top of a roof it seems like, real easy to fall off and kill yourself.  I probably fell 4 or 5 times in one game lol.

So what do you guys think of the exo suit abilities?

I haven't started on SP yet, but the MP is great so far. Way better than Ghosts. Only map I'm not digging so far is the one that's on top of a roof it seems like, real easy to fall off and kill yourself. I probably fell 4 or 5 times in one game lol.
Omg I've done the same thing many times LOL

I finished the campaign last night. It was definitely a fun one, not to mention the gorgeous cutscenes, which are easily the best looking ones I have ever seen.

Most frustrating in MP to have lag ("stutter") while having someone in my sights.  Random occurrence but only seems to happen when someone else is on the screen in front of me.  Maybe lag, maybe a bug fix to come.....just frustrating.  

Nothing like listening to someone complain when you rip their crotch full of bullets while they think they will jump away.  Like jumping makes you invulnerable to bullets.  Still the same thing in MP though.....people flopping to the ground (to get headshot) and people camping (though not as much until they learn the maps).  My suggestion - look up....a lot.

I haven't started on SP yet, but the MP is great so far. Way better than Ghosts. Only map I'm not digging so far is the one that's on top of a roof it seems like, real easy to fall off and kill yourself. I probably fell 4 or 5 times in one game lol.
I really like that map a lot, reminds me of highrise from MW2 (pic below), but jesus christ if that isn't the dumbest things in the MP I don't know what is. "Hey guys, let's add this awesome jet pack feature to the game, then add a map with some GIANT GAPING HOLES IN THE MIDDLE" lol. Totally could have lived without that, but I learned my lesson pretty quick after the first game or two

post-110115-1260461109.jpg

lol I thought the same thing about High Rise when I played that map for the first time.  I did enjoy that one a lot on MW2.  I'm just going to not use the jet pack jump on that level.

It's pretty tight. I haven't enjoyed a CoD this much since BLOPS1. I don't play the MP much, but I still fuck around with it here and there. I've always play through the campaigns though and this one is shaping up pretty nice. The series really needed a kick in the ass and the slightly futuristic approach has paid off for it.

Oh, and Apollo, I dig your OP, but mix in an 'enter' keystroke every once in awhile.

[quote name="Yanksfan" post="12223661" timestamp="1415536088"]It's pretty tight. I haven't enjoyed a CoD this much since BLOPS1. I don't play the MP much, but I still fuck around with it here and there. I've always play through the campaigns though and this one is shaping up pretty nice. The series really needed a kick in the ass and the slightly futuristic approach has paid off for it.

Oh, and Apollo, I dig your OP, but mix in an 'enter' keystroke every once in awhile.[/quote]
Thanks for the feedback, will do but keep in mind that I wrote that on my phone and make most of my posts via my phone.

Just picked this up, about two hours into SP. Enjoying it so far, though I haven't aged COD since BO1. Will probably jump into MP tomorrow. Is there a CAG clan PR something I should be aware of? I remember playing with CAGs back in MW2, had a blast on those nights.

Is it just me or does it take the same amount of xp to level up each time ? Example. It seems it takes the same amount of time to get from rank 2 to 3, as it does to get from 29 to rank 30

bread's done
Back