Call of Duty Advanced Warfare (PS4, PS3, Xbox 360, Xbox One) $39.99 @ Amazon

COD is dying. Sales are down 27% this year so this isn't surprising. Retailers are almost trying to give away their unsold copies of Ghosts.

Not sure if I should bite or wait a couple more months to see if it drops to $30.
In the same boat. If I remember correctly, Ghosts sold for $29.99 either just before or after Xmas day by Newegg via eBay (limited quantity). This game has sold even less than Ghosts, so I think I'll wait for the $30 or less price range...which shouldn't take too long.

Not sure if I should bite or wait a couple more months to see if it drops to $30.
This is one of those games that I could easily justify spending $100 on. It's not even that I absolutely love this one more than the others, because it's not my all time favorite. However, I put so many hours into this game and have so much fun... It's worth it. I think I've put like 36 hours into it... Which isn't very much compared to the previous years, but I get my monies worth. I've tried several games this year where I spent $20-25 and just say... What is this piece of shit? Ie: too many to list.

It's by far the best multiplayer game out there. If anyone knows something better, please let me know, cause I can't find it. (I am aware of battlefield)

Get in on the action while other newbs are still playing.... In a few months everyone will kick your ass so hard you'll think the game sucks...

This is one of those games that I could easily justify spending $100 on. It's not even that I absolutely love this one more than the others, because it's not my all time favorite. However, I put so many hours into this game and have so much fun... It's worth it. I think I've put like 36 hours into it... Which isn't very much compared to the previous years, but I get my monies worth. I've tried several games this year where I spent $20-25 and just say... What is this piece of shit? Ie: too many to list.

It's by far the best multiplayer game out there. If anyone knows something better, please let me know, cause I can't find it. (I am aware of battlefield)

Get in on the action while other newbs are still playing.... In a few months everyone will kick your ass so hard you'll think the game sucks...
Its actually really good, I like this game a lot, but I believe Ghosts has officially damaged the Call Of Duty brand to the point that a sledgehammer game cant fix it.

Treyarch still has the hype after Black Ops 2 so they could save CoD next year, or kill it forever.

Yeah, I've been enjoying this as well, and I usually don't play multiplayer.
I'm pretty bad, but I've been having a lot of fun. I guess its the speed of the game, with the Exo suits...when I tried playing a round of classic, it was boring as hell.
The customization has me kind of hooked too. I'm a sucker for games where you acquire loot.
Even though it doesn't do anything for you, its still fun to collect it.

A lot of people have been complaining about the spawns and the lag, but neither have been a problem for me.
I'll get the occasional lag and a bad spawn here and there, but nothing I'd complain about.

Last edited by a moderator:
The thing is "the best Call of Duty in years" is still not up to the level of the original Modern Warfare (used to be called Call of Duty 4).  Now storywise, from what I've seen of Advanced Warfare, I think Black Ops 1 and 2 are still the better story because they do a very bland imitation of the reasons why you're blindly following orders in Bioshock games, which helps elevate the Black Ops series.

The numbers...

...but if one is talking overall (and not just storyline) I think Modern Warfare was that perfect moment where superior game technology met superior game ambition met superior environment with truly awesome PC-centric mod and server support.  It's the last time that a Call of Duty really did that and as a result it's the last truly great one.

MW2 scaled back everything and the series has slowly crawled back from that retreat ever since.

Advanced warfare is the best cod in years
I agree, but I really wish I hadn't been hit with the Campaign/Exo Survival progress bug where the game says I haven't done anything in either mode despite pouring ~10 hours into them, yet I can see the save data on my PS4 under Saved Data Management. Thanks to that, I had to trade in the copy I bought at launch from Best Buy. :headache:

The thing is "the best Call of Duty in years" is still not up to the level of the original Modern Warfare (used to be called Call of Duty 4). Now storywise, from what I've seen of Advanced Warfare, I think Black Ops 1 and 2 are still the better story because they do a very bland imitation of the reasons why you're blindly following orders in Bioshock games, which helps elevate the Black Ops series.

The numbers...

...but if one is talking overall (and not just storyline) I think Modern Warfare was that perfect moment where superior game technology met superior game ambition met superior environment with truly awesome PC-centric mod and server support. It's the last time that a Call of Duty really did that and as a result it's the last truly great one.

MW2 scaled back everything and the series has slowly crawled back from that retreat ever since.
The legendary sniper mission in cod 4 takes a massive dump on everything else in the series imo which says alot. There have even been missions in cod campaigns after it that tried to replicate it lol

bread's done
Back