Call of Duty: Black Ops II Hardened Edition (X360) $79.99 at Amazon

I'm a sucker for the steelbook case since MW2, so I got mine ordered at TRU.com when they had it up. It worked with their $30 two games $60+ and I picked up Halo 4 too from them. Always there are pluses and minuses about these special editions, but in the end if it's what you want, then get it and be happy.

I sent back my PS3 Care Package Edition to Amazon. They should have it by monday if anyone wants it keep an eye out for a quick restock.

I'm looking for a Hardened Edition and at this point I'm just praying for a restock. Seems like it's sold out everywhere.

[quote name='spideymike']I'm a sucker for the steelbook case since MW2, so I got mine ordered at TRU.com when they had it up. It worked with their $30 two games $60+ and I picked up Halo 4 too from them. Always there are pluses and minuses about these special editions, but in the end if it's what you want, then get it and be happy.[/QUOTE]

In all it wasn't a bad special edition.

The map is, well a map. If you have to have it early then there it is. Along with the camos and themes.

The coins are pretty well made. In terms of premise they are stupid, because if you know anything about challenge coins you know you would get laughed at having a game one. But for a collector of gaming memorabilia its pretty good.

The steel book is pretty well made (better than the ME3 one) and some good cover art.

The avatar props/outfit/theme are just an icing.

Overall not bad.

If anyone missed out on the care package and is interested in just the quad copter, I'm selling one. Feel free to shoot me a PM if you're interested. Thanks!

I have a care package sitting at a Best buy. Is it worth getting? I already have the vanilla game for me and need a second copy for my kids so we can play zombies but if the copter is junk I will just let the order expire tomorrow and get a vanilla copy.

[quote name='kklems']I have a care package sitting at a Best buy. Is it worth getting? I already have the vanilla game for me and need a second copy for my kids so we can play zombies but if the copter is junk I will just let the order expire tomorrow and get a vanilla copy.[/QUOTE]

The copter apparently feels like it is going to fall apart by holding it. I would pass

[quote name='kklems']I have a care package sitting at a Best buy. Is it worth getting? I already have the vanilla game for me and need a second copy for my kids so we can play zombies but if the copter is junk I will just let the order expire tomorrow and get a vanilla copy.[/QUOTE]

If you ordered it for ps3, the resell value is more than the xbox one.

[quote name='coolrust']If you ordered it for ps3, the resell value is more than the xbox one.[/QUOTE]

Why? If you don't mind me asking

[quote name='JohnWayne']Why? If you don't mind me asking[/QUOTE]

it is sold out everywhere even amazon. and they more on xbox than ps3. check a few site like bb or gs, they removed the check store link.

Like others said, you can pick up the :ps3: and resell it, if you have good eBay feedback. I cancelled mine because the drone is made out of foam, and the "repair kit" is just some orange tape. I don't know what got into me when I believed they would actually put in a good copter that is worth $100.

I'm selling my 360 HE Amazon pre-order for a $90 Amazon gift card. It is getting canceled tomorrow if no one wants it. It will be shipped directly to you from Amazon.

[quote name='JohnWayne']Why? If you don't mind me asking[/QUOTE]

Also their is a much larger global audience for Region 1 (U.S./Canada) PS3 games because they are region free unlike most NTSC Xbox 360 games.

[quote name='Jimmienoman']The copter apparently feels like it is going to fall apart by holding it. I would pass[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info. Think I will just let the order expire. Don't want to mess with eBay for this due to shipping size and my cost with tax, eBay and PayPal fees don't leave much room for profit (Xbox version as well). Cost was around 190, eBay/PayPal fees around 32, shipping cost would be in the $17 range for parcel and $30 plus or more for priority and the current auctions are only going for 250-260 shipped

The Hardened Edition and Care Package edition are still in stock for the XBOX360.
PS3 versions are still out of stock.

If anyone is still wondering about the Care Package edition, as TooPoor has mentioned, the drone's copter wheels are made out of foam (as in very thin styrofoam). I think if you were to crash it into pillows, it would still obliterate into couple pieces.
The remote control is actually better quality than the copter.
It's best to fly this thing indoors, in fact the instructions even tell you that's recommended.
Everything in the care package is nicely fitted with cardboard so at least your drone doesn't come disintegrated.

If you were to take out all the contents, there's probably enough room to fit a Fighting Stick or sticks in there. I mainly got it for the case anyway and will probably give the other stuff to friends that don't have the game yet (I don't even have a 360).

The Hardened Edition and Care Package edition are still in stock [Xbox 360]

They aren't "still" in stock. The hardened edition came back in stock for a few hours on release day and apparently popped back up this evening. There are currently less the 5 back in stock.

I hadn't see the care package back in stock at all this week and if you check Amazon has one available.

[quote name='9999']The Hardened Edition and Care Package edition are still in stock for the XBOX360.
PS3 versions are still out of stock.

If anyone is still wondering about the Care Package edition, as TooPoor has mentioned, the drone's copter wheels are made out of foam (as in very thin styrofoam). I think if you were to crash it into pillows, it would still obliterate into couple pieces.
The remote control is actually better quality than the copter.
It's best to fly this thing indoors, in fact the instructions even tell you that's recommended.
Everything in the care package is nicely fitted with cardboard so at least your drone doesn't come disintegrated.

If you were to take out all the contents, there's probably enough room to fit a Fighting Stick or sticks in there. I mainly got it for the case anyway and will probably give the other stuff to friends that don't have the game yet (I don't even have a 360).[/QUOTE]

That foam is durable. It's been taking a beating lately with me and my friends. Definitely not worth $100, but you're not going to break it too easily.The hardened edition was probably the best version to buy though. Everyone seems to be crazy over the Nuketown 2025 zombies even though if you buy the xbox season pass you'll get it.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back