Call of Duty: Black Ops II - Vengeance DLC Coming July 2

[quote name='The 7th Number']Finally did it. Got 5 kills with the crossbow in only 6 shots. Thank GOD!!!!! That was so annoying to try to do. I got a little help since i shot a guy running an RC Car, and another one camping. But the last 3 shots were good. Helped that i put the zoom scope on the crossbow. So now i can diamond camo for all specials. :) Now i just have to get to level 34 again to unlock the riot shield and show it off. lol.[/QUOTE]

Congrats.

[quote name='The 7th Number']Finally did it. Got 5 kills with the crossbow in only 6 shots. Thank GOD!!!!! That was so annoying to try to do. I got a little help since i shot a guy running an RC Car, and another one camping. But the last 3 shots were good. Helped that i put the zoom scope on the crossbow. So now i can diamond camo for all specials. :) Now i just have to get to level 34 again to unlock the riot shield and show it off. lol.[/QUOTE]

Congrats, I'm sure the Diamond Riot shield looks friggin' awesome. I swear I have no luck with the ballistic knife and Crossbow outside of Gun Game. I haven't looked but do the ballistic knife kills have to be shots or does knifing count as well?

I'm over half-way done with unlocking the Diamond LMGs. The SVU Sniper and 2nd & 4th Shotguns are proving to be a real PITA for 1-shot kills in core. I don't think I can stand trying to do them in HC TDM since it's such a slow, camping, yawn-fest.

[quote name='woodcan']Congrats, I'm sure the Diamond Riot shield looks friggin' awesome. I swear I have no luck with the ballistic knife and Crossbow outside of Gun Game. I haven't looked but do the ballistic knife kills have to be shots or does knifing count as well?[/QUOTE]

Stabbing and shooting it both count, and once you unlock the 5 extra camo challenges you have to stab 25 people, and shoot and retrieve a blade and then kill someone with it 25 times. Its not that bad as it sounds though. I would shoot it into a wall then get it back and then try to kill someone. Didnt take me that long. I just played in core, there you can see the ballistic reticle and it makes it easier to run up and kill someone.

What i think is annoying is when you unlock those 5 last camos and its a challenge you probably have done already. Like i remember the combat knife, i think i needed 5 or so backstabber, but i already got a reward for backstabbing 25 people before i even unlocked that camo challenge. So its kind of dumb making you do it again. Im sure i would have had less bloodthirsty medals to get if they counted before the camo challenge was available for whatever weapon.

Anyway, i really like this game, and it would be fun to rank up every gun, and get diamond skins on everything. But the lag is so annoying it just makes me frustrated every match. I can be on a roll, and then either they spawn behind me or i get killed before i even see the enemy. It really ruins the enjoyment of the game, and i think im going to sell it. I mean why should i keep playing a game that im constantly feeling like its not my fault im dying? I shoot first, and i die first. Sometimes i just die and i dont even hear a gun shoot at all. Worst lag ive dealt with since gears of war 2.

Is there a date you have to use the nuketown 2025 map by? I didnt see anything on the paper with the code.

BTW im looking to sell my code if anyone is interested.

Last edited by a moderator:
This game, much like every duty, is terribly inconsistent. I'm trying for a diamond assault rifle, and just got done with the SWAT-556. Its amazing how certain games it takes one burst to drop someone, and others it takes 3 or 4 bursts. The worst things about this game are the connections and matchmaking.

I've been playing CoD since 4 and this is he worst I've ever experienced. But, I haven't played enough hardcore yet. I'll save final judgement until I get HC Domination.

[quote name='woodcan']History books will show that with every COD game released with multiplayer people will complain about lag.[/QUOTE]

And the same people will continue to buy it.

has there been any word or rumors if Nuketown zombies will be available to purchase by itself or as part of a DLC pack? Interested in the map but doubt I will play enough to make it worth getting the season pass

The patch this past weekend has really helped with the connection stability (minus Tuesday when they really fucked it up with a hotfix).

I wish they would fix the Saiga so I wouldn't have to grind out 1-hit kills in Hardcore.

Even in Hardcore Kill Confirmed everybody sits in goddamn corners.

I have a love-hate relationship with this game. While this is really my first COD, I suck. But then again, I love it so much even tho my K/D is .60 The hit detection and lag compensation makes me wanna rip my hair out though.

[quote name='JasonTerminator']I wish they would fix the Saiga so I wouldn't have to grind out 1-hit kills in Hardcore.

Even in Hardcore Kill Confirmed everybody sits in goddamn corners.[/QUOTE]

I did them all in regular Core TDM and Domination. Put a silencer on it and it becomes much more lethal. The M1216 (last shotgun) is taking forever though. I'm finding I have about a 25% 1-shot chance so it is very slow going. Also, that KSG is pretty damn picky on targeting/aiming.

Don't know if its just on PS3, but the lag has gotten MUCH better in the last week or so. Still getting the occasional BS deaths, but eh. Complete turnaround from what it was. Hope they don't decide to repatch it and screw it up again (like they usually do).

[quote name='DOMINATOR912']Don't know if its just on PS3, but the lag has gotten MUCH better in the last week or so. Still getting the occasional BS deaths, but eh. Complete turnaround from what it was. Hope they don't decide to repatch it and screw it up again (like they usually do).[/QUOTE]

It's been better on 360 for a little over a week now. Ever since the last title update it has been greatly improved. There is still the occasional lag, but it is few and far between compared to before.

[quote name='JasonTerminator']I wish they would fix the Saiga so I wouldn't have to grind out 1-hit kills in Hardcore.

Even in Hardcore Kill Confirmed everybody sits in goddamn corners.[/QUOTE]

After grinding for Diamond shotguns last week in Hardcore there's no way I'm ever going back. Core is ten times less stressful even for knifing and the beyond terrible Executioner.

[quote name='woodcan']I did them all in regular Core TDM and Domination. Put a silencer on it and it becomes much more lethal. The M1216 (last shotgun) is taking forever though. I'm finding I have about a 25% 1-shot chance so it is very slow going. Also, that KSG is pretty damn picky on targeting/aiming.[/QUOTE]

KSG is slug-based, so you have to ADS to ensure the single slug hits your target. Quickdraw really helps IMO.

[quote name='JasonTerminator']KSG is slug-based, so you have to ADS to ensure the single slug hits your target. Quickdraw really helps IMO.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I know but I can't count how many times I snuck up behind someone and had them square in my RDS and didn't even get a hit-marker after several shots from just about 3 feet away. I'm just glad to be done with it and this M1216 is a real drag at times. I keep reading people suggesting FFA for working on the camo unlocks but :shame:

Just got VSAT/Dogs/Swarm off of a join in progress KC Meltdown game against Christmas Noobs with the Assault Shield and Theater Mode decided to corrupt the hilarity.

/sad face

So close to getting my first diamond weapons except I can't find a game with people who use the AGR in order to finish the camo challenges. Anyways, played in a game this morning where a player went 104-1 and got a couple of dogs, swarms and I think the Lodestar.

I'm assuming that the titles for getting 20 and 30 kills without dying do not count kill-streak kills because several times now I've gone well beyond that but had kills from various kill-streaks :whistle2:(

So far I have unlocked the following Diamond camos:
-LMGs
-Sniper Rifles
-Launchers
-Shotguns
-Specials (combat knife, crossbow, ballistic knife, assault shield)

Working on Assault Rifles next :D

I have to say, the diamond assault shield with my emblem looks quite nice.
2047e45c9aaa5e432da9402f7134b4be

Here are a few videos I finally made too:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4_HxkjfPrU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agvsawSXd3g
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1JwcMCfie_o

Fist DLC info:

Hydro – This large map allows you to use the dam and water to your advantage to block paths and stop enemies.

Downhill – A medium-sized map based in the French Alps complete with snow, chair lifts, and a strategically placed lodge.

Grind – Set within the locale of the Venice, California boardwalk, this small skate park map is sure to deliver fast and frenetic Call of Duty action.

Mirage – This Gobi Desert multiplayer map utilizes sand dunes to provide different levels of elevation and a sanctuary in the center as a natural chokepoint.

Zombies – Die Rise – The Zombie apocalypse has invaded China, turning down town into a dilapidated and dangerous MC Escher painting.

Peacekeeper SMG – This impressive sub-machine gun fills the open weapon slot in your load-out with power and accuracy.

The pack is due on Xbox Live for season pass holders from January 29th.
http://www.vg247.com/2013/01/07/black-ops-2-revolution-dlc-map-descriptors-appear-online/

Honestly - i didn't like it. I think the best thing at this game is Zombie :p And i've noticed that it end very quick.

Dunno what the heck is happening, but one game, in Chaos Moshpit, I get dogs as my team is leading, and I get the boot, return to game, and I'm reset to zero kills, zero deaths, and zero captures. Three games later, I get dogs again, while we're losing, and I get the boot again, reconnect, and return with my game stats reset. Weird shit.

[quote name='Chase']Dunno what the heck is happening, but one game, in Chaos Moshpit, I get dogs as my team is leading, and I get the boot, return to game, and I'm reset to zero kills, zero deaths, and zero captures. Three games later, I get dogs again, while we're losing, and I get the boot again, reconnect, and return with my game stats reset. Weird shit.[/QUOTE]

Sounds like the host is a bitch and is dashboarding.

Thanks for no dedicated servers, Activision.

[quote name='JasonTerminator']Sounds like the host is a bitch and is dashboarding.

Thanks for no dedicated servers, Activision.[/QUOTE]

If it was host, than he wouldn't reconnect. That type of instance is on the user end and their connection not working with the host.

[quote name='Chase']Dunno what the heck is happening, but one game, in Chaos Moshpit, I get dogs as my team is leading, and I get the boot, return to game, and I'm reset to zero kills, zero deaths, and zero captures. Three games later, I get dogs again, while we're losing, and I get the boot again, reconnect, and return with my game stats reset. Weird shit.[/QUOTE]
i had it happen to me the other day when i was beasting in a game.. got my 3rd scorestreak (maybe a stealth chopper? dont remember) and then my screen went black for 5-10 seconds and i respawn with 0 kills 0 deaths 0 scorestreak :(

I dunno. There is always the probability that it was my connection—but I'm gonna call shenanigans. These connection issues happen when I get dogs or the killer bees or just straight-up thug the other team. Kids, these days, they know how to work the system to their benefit.

I finished unlocking all Diamond camos last night so I can be completely blinged no matter my load-out....until that new SMG comes out

Yep, there are a few people who we play with that this disconnect/reconnect has happened to randomly. As mentioned previously, I believe it's a poor connection between you and the host. Just be glad you don't end up auto-reconnecting to the other (losing) team which has happened to them. Also, what happens to me at least once a night is my game will go into 0.5-1 FPS mode for about 30secs and I inevitably die. It seems to typically happen when people are leaving/entering a match so not sure if it's me being host and having to update the game-state thus killing my game since when it happens I am the only one in our party experiencing it.

[quote name='panda911']If anyone is looking for a Revolution code, I have one for trade.[/QUOTE]

I only have a 1 month gold card. I doubt that would do it for you.

Any other opinions on the new maps?

bread's done
Back