Call of Duty Ghosts PS3 $9.97 @ tigerdirect.com *BACK IN STOCK*

I was able to PM this on the phone when ordering through BB's dotcom. The dude was super slow about it though (and repeated what he was doing lol). And he didn't even really spend time verifying the price on Tiger Direct - all he did was ask me where I saw it cheaper, and he apparently overrode the price so that my total came out to be $10.79.

I didn't realize that I had to give out my credit card info and other personal stuff on the phone though - I thought they were going to just set it up so that you could check out yourself, on your own time.

Last edited by a moderator:
So I had a unique experience.

She was more than willing to price match it for me, until she saw I was a GCU member. She said I can't get the price match because I get a 20% discount. I explained that was not what I wanted. I was not trying to get the game for $10-20%=$8. I just wanted it for $10, ignore the 20%.

She said she can't do that because I cannot get two discounts, again I explained I did NOT want 20% AND the price match. She understood but since because I am GCU I cannot price match, because when she adds the game to my order it brings it down to $32.XX and she cannot give me another discount to $10. She said I was more than welcome to go to the store and do it, but she would not do it.

I asked her point blank, so you're saying because I am a PAID member of a program BBY offers I cannot get what a FREE/NORMAL member can get. She basically said that is correct, I was PISSED. I told her I am going to call back and speak to a supervisor because this was insane and unacceptable, she said that's fine and she deleted the order.

I called back and eventually got to MyBBY Elite+ and explain to the woman the situation and how livid I was. She understood and issued me $30 in rewards and transferred me to someone in sales who then did the price match for me. I made sure she filed a complaint to about the woman I spoke with, which she assured me she did.

First of all, nice job getting the rewards!

Second of all, why $30? Just a random number they were willing to give you?
It was also due to another issue from a month ago. But she was the person who gave me the number, I didn't ask for a specific amount. I didn't even ask for anything...yet. I was leading up to it because at that point I was on the phone for an hour and I was genuinely insulted. It's one thing to not understand the policy of price matching, it's another to say because you pay us money we can't give you what free members get. So I was more pissed off with how I was treated, the fact I did not get Ghosts for $10 was just a side-effect of that.

It was also due to another issue from a month ago. But she was the person who gave me the number, I didn't ask for a specific amount. I didn't even ask for anything...yet. I was leading up to it because at that point I was on the phone for an hour and I was genuinely insulted. It's one thing to not understand the policy of price matching, it's another to say because you pay us money we can't give you what free members get. So I was more pissed off with how I was treated, the fact I did not get Ghosts for $10 was just a side-effect of that.
Gotcha.

I would have been super pissed as well. It's ridiculous that she couldn't understand that you were just wanting the TD price of $9.97 to be reflected as BB's price, versus trying to stack stuff on top of stuff.

Gotcha.

I would have been super pissed as well. It's ridiculous that she couldn't understand that you were just wanting the TD price of $9.97 to be reflected as BB's price, versus trying to stack stuff on top of stuff.
Yeah I understood that can't be done, I've known that since Day 1 with GCU back in October/November. It makes sense they can't be stacked. But she didn't care, she was like "you get 20% and nothing else, FULL PRICE FOR YOU, BACK OF THE LINE!"

When that happens, make them do the price match first and then give them your BBY card. If you do the price match first, the discount won't show up for whatever reason. Probably a glitch just like the trade-in glitch.

When that happens, make them do the price match first and then give them your BBY card. If you do the price match first, the discount won't show up for whatever reason. Probably a glitch just like the trade-in glitch.

This was over the phone and she agreed to the price match before getting my account information and seeing I was gcu.

Even though it won't matter much on this deal, If you have a Bank of America Cash Rewards Credit Card, you can add tigerdirect to you BankAmerDeals and get 10% cash back.

Does anyone else match tigerdirect.com? The stores are on the East Coast (I think) so I can't do it at non-stupid Targets.
There's a Tigerdirect store, a K-Mart, a Walmart, a Gamestop, a Best Buy all within 10 miles of where I live. I live in a premium price matching area. =D

As for matching tigerdirect.com, I can't think of many B&M businesses that dabble with it other than Best Buy.

Last edited by a moderator:
I price matched this when it was in-stock before. Initially the manager on duty didn't want to price match but he pulled up the Best Buy policy. After he noticed Tiger Direct was on the approved list, he matched it and walked away quietly. I think if I made a big deal of it, he would have found a reason not to do it.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/help-topics/best-buy-low-price-guarantee/pcmcat297300050000.c?id=pcmcat297300050000
If you were the typical CAG (a person akin to a welfare collector who's fully capable of getting a job), you would have bitched and moaned until he gave you a $10 gift card to go along with the price match, because as we all know, the world owes us CAGs.

You people know who you are... :shame:

bread's done
Back