Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Coming Fall '09!

Status
Not open for further replies.
that is awesome! i am already fairly bored of world at war. leveling up enough to prestige without playing headquarters or search & destroy is taking me twice as long as it would for cod 4 and the weapons are not nearly as much fun to re-use as they were in 4. hopefully the update the game a lot and get a new engine, i don't want it to feel the same as world at war and 4 again since i will see myself getting extremely bored of that.

Awesome! I enjoy World at War and would rather play it now as opposed to COD4: Modern Warfare simply because I played that one to death. But still, Modern Warfare is better for online multiplayer. Hopefully the sequel can hook me in for hundreds of hours like the still-good World at War has failed to do.

Coming soon: CoD:Modern Warfare 2, CoD:Modern Warfare: Rock the 80s, CoD:Modern Warfare 3, CoD:Modern Warfare: America, CoD:Modern Warfare: Europe, CoD:Modern Warfare Mobile, CoD:Modern Warfare expansion pack, CoD:Modern Warfare 4

[quote name='cmart05']Coming soon: CoD:Modern Warfare 2, CoD:Modern Warfare: Rock the 80s, CoD:Modern Warfare 3, CoD:Modern Warfare: America, CoD:Modern Warfare: Europe, CoD:Modern Warfare Mobile, CoD:Modern Warfare expansion pack, CoD:Modern Warfare 4[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I read that comment on the link and thought "Yeah, that pretty much sums it up". Though, I will enjoy this, I enjoyed the modern aspect of the first one, so this SHOULD be fun. Unless, of course, it is a carbon copy of Modern Warfare.

[quote name='cmart05']Coming soon: CoD:Modern Warfare 2, CoD:Modern Warfare: Rock the 80s, CoD:Modern Warfare 3, CoD:Modern Warfare: America, CoD:Modern Warfare: Europe, CoD:Modern Warfare Mobile, CoD:Modern Warfare expansion pack, CoD:Modern Warfare 4[/quote]

:applause: GJ quoting a gamespot comment.
Not

I don't see what's wrong with them doing a sequel to MW. This is Infinity Ward we are talking about here. It will be good as long as it isnt MW 1.5

[quote name='TC']Was there ever a doubt? This is Activision.[/QUOTE]

There was no doubt that there would be a new COD game from IW, but there was doubt as to whether or not it would be modern warfare.

[quote name='Kaijufan']I was kind of hoping we would see a Vietnam game, Maybe the next Treyarch game will be set in Vietnam.[/quote]

Ahh no stop giving Treyarch game rights

I was honestly hoping for Vietnam as well because none of the Nam games have been worth shit yet.

Vietnam intrigues me but i've always been intrigued by what a good Civil War shooter would be like (aside from slow paced shooting).

[quote name='Trakan']They shoulda went with the Future Warfare like it was rumored a while back, but this ain't bad.[/quote]With lasers, more explosions, and Jason Statham! :cool:

I figured they would have thought up a new name for this game instead of tacking a 2 onto the end of it. It looks like we're going to have another blockbuster Halo/Call of Duty holiday season next year like '07.

[quote name='BackInBlack']

Hopefully a new engine next year for CoD?[/quote]

Highly doubtful. They've had huge success with the COD4 engine, I imagine it will be built off of that and they'll tweak it as Treyarch did with WaW.

That's freaking awesome. I just rented CoD4 so I can play through the campaign and beat it all over again. Want to get 1000/1000 in it again :). Don't know why I had an itching to play CoD4, but it's a great game so why not?

[quote name='Ziv']I was honestly hoping for Vietnam as well because none of the Nam games have been worth shit yet.[/quote]
Battlefield Vietnam wasn't too bad.

Anyone read anything if this is really IW?

I know they said they were doing the next one, but their name has been left out of all the new articles since this announcement.

One can only hope.....

COD4 - the only game to be 'game of the year' two years in a row.

It better be Infinity Ward. I would send zombies to their house if they allowed Treyarch two consecutive tries.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back