Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 pre-order $49.99 @ FS Oct 19th - 1 day only

Talus

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
Just got my 3 Days of Web Deals e-mail announcement and this particular deal caught my eye :)

PS3

Regular price is that dreaded $69.99

....annnnnnd sold out :(

UPDATE!

they added more stock at 2:45 pm EST.
0hwebdealj

Last edited by a moderator:
Wowzers, guess I'm going to have to switch my T3G1F preorder to Tekken 6!

Really doubt anyone would discount that title since it's not really a blockbuster title.

I still don't see why people actually buy games at more than $40, all my trade-3s are acquired for about $30 give (and a lil' extra for collectors') or take.

is it possible to pre-order through their website? or do I need to go to an actual store to do it?

sorry for being a pain in the ass, cause im going on holidays the week when the games come out

But if I use my credit card and order it through this pre book sale, do i have to be the one that goes in and picks it up and show proper ID and my owe credit card to get it?

How long would they hold the game for me?

or can they just get delivered it to my house?

nice deal! Looks like i'll be moving my EB preorder to Dragon Age, or the God of War collection (I never did play any of those) and ordering this from FS.

Do the deals go live at Midnight, and if so, which time zone do they usually use?

[quote name='witenite']sorry for being a pain in the ass, cause im going on holidays the week when the games come out

But if I use my credit card and order it through this pre book sale, do i have to be the one that goes in and picks it up and show proper ID and my owe credit card to get it?

How long would they hold the game for me?

or can they just get delivered it to my house?[/QUOTE]

AFAIK, pre-orders cannot be picked up if they are paid for online. They can deliver it your house for $1.99.

Great deal, love living in Canada lately, the deals have been crazy.

How long does Future Shop usually take to ship pre-orders? In my experience it usually doesn't take longer than a couple days for things to arrive from them, but I've never pre-ordered through the site before.

So how is futureshop when it comes to shipping videogame pre-orders....anyone know?

I'd gladly pay for a better shipping option if it means I can get it really fast considering the 20 off but do they even offer that or is it the free ground shipping, which I assumes takes a while.

Oh wait does air also mean express? When it only said air I thought wtf but in the FAQ it says air/express....I'll happily pay that.

DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUDESSSSSSSSSS

If it matters THAT much.........

buy it on LAUNCH FROM ANY STORE...

and

RETURN the copy once it is shipped to you...

The only thing I'm worried about is how they ship it. Do they ship from the store or elsewhere? I heard they only ship what they have in stock, and with Arkham Asylum people ended up waiting pretty damn long.

Can anyone shed light on this...?

From my experience, they don't ship from the store, but from their nearest headquarters (Mississauga, ON for those of us living in Quebec) . As soon as they have the item in stock, they ship it the following day and usually, I get it after about 4-5 days.

Since the game launches on a Tuesday and they don't ship during week-ends, I am pretty sure that most of us will get the game the following week.

The horror stories I've heard of people waiting way too long are persuading me to pass on this.

What if I paid for the express shipping, guaranteed to arrive early?

See with amazon it costs more as of now, but I'm guaranteed to get it the day after release.

pyrox, you can purchase your copy of COD:MW2 from Future Shop tomorrow through the online deal, and purchase it again on the release date. When your copy arrives in the mail, return it to Future Shop using your in-store purchase receipt.

What I'm wondering is if we have to pre-order it online or not. Can I not just walk into the store to preorder, and then walk in the day the games comes out and pick it up?

I don't usually order my games online.

You could always call FS in the morning and ask whether or not the $49.99 is strictly online-only, or applies in-store as well. To cover your bases, pre-order the game before you go, and if you can pre-order in-store, then simply come home, and cancel your online pre-order. Your CC would not have been charged yet, since they charge when the game ships.

[quote name='game_fanatic']We don't even see COD4 used for $20! And that game is 2 years old![/QUOTE]Guess I'm not playing it then =p Might borrow it for single-player. Really don't support the type of trash Activision is trying to pull and the game doesn't interest me enough to need it anywhere close to Day 1. Borderlands and Left 4 Dead 2 look much more interesting to me.

[quote name='game_fanatic']What sort of trash?[/QUOTE]

Activision of the late 00s = EA of the late 90s/early 00s.

Yearly incremental updates, sequelitis, and creative stagnation. EA sports still sticks to the same formula (for obvious, yet still despicable reasons) while the rest of EA has more or less cleaned up their act. Activision has stepped in to become the industry's new evil monstrosity.

I assume this is what he speaks of, in any case.

That said, I am buying this. Mostly because it's what my gaming buddies will be playing (after Borderlands) but I also haven't owned a CoD game since 3. I think every third version of a yearly-incremental is appropriate.

I STRONGLY suggest you hit the FS website at midnight tonight (~45mins from right now) if you want in on this deal, RFD may be full effect

Well no price drop as of yet, so i wonder what time zone they are going by, if pst still have a couple hours to wait.

I see the quantity remaining on the website is dropping, so are people putting it in their cart to prepare, or just jumping the gun?

From what I've read people are buying it now and then going to try and get the price difference by calling in tomorrow and claiming since they didn't state which time zone it was in and they ordered it after midnight in their time zone, they should get the sale price. At this rate, there won't be any remaining when the sale price does go into effect :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, the quantity is dropping consistently yet the price is still $69.99 .. I wonder what's up? Looks like people are worried they are going to run out and are just ordering and plan on getting a price correction later...

that is exactly what is happening, and a lot of those people are from that other website. Really pissing me off, not going to be many left at this rate.

so whats the best thing to do
you can click the tv and get the price
but when you click the game itself its still 69.99
maybe there on a different time zone say BC so its like 1030 PM

yep, i agree, the RFD forum is quite hilarious, even if i miss the deal, i think i've gotten about $20 worth of laughs from reading it.

What time is this deal gonna go live? Anyone care to guess? I'm thinking that it will either be at 12:00 AM EST or, it might be some random time early in the morning, whenever they decide to "throw the switch"... At that point, it's all luck...

bread's done
Back