Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 Hardened Edition

Dunno about deals but I know my town has 4 gamestops, 1 best buy, and 1 toys r us and they are all no longer taking preorders for the hardened edition and the walmarts I have been to only seem to wanna let you preorder the reg edition but haven't tried there so not sure(just signage posted hints that). So long story short unless amazon offers some deal it may be hard pressed to find the hardened edition this close to release with a deal attached, now regular edition may be a different story.

you may want to just get it and not worry about a deal. otherwise you may not get it, seems like a lot of people are selling out. hell you cant even pre-order at amazon or gamestop.com im going for the reg. version myself.

Yup, I have the same thing to say as the people above me...Buy it now if you want it, otherwise be ready to pay $100+. I am glad the hardened ed. is more limited now unlike the black ops one :)

[quote name='WakYasuk']Yup, I have the same thing to say as the people above me...Buy it now if you want it, otherwise be ready to pay $100+. I am glad the hardened ed. is more limited now unlike the black ops one :)[/QUOTE]

Huh? The Black Ops Hardened edition was truly limited.

[quote name='GBAstar']Huh? The Black Ops Hardened edition was truly limited.[/QUOTE]

Well, I saw lots of sales on it recently including the $15 one at best buy a couple months ago..I am not sure about before that so I may be wrong buy I just thought this one seems more limited since its already sold out for pre-order.

[quote name='WakYasuk']Well, I saw lots of sales on it recently including the $15 one at best buy a couple months ago..I am not sure about before that so I may be wrong buy I just thought this one seems more limited since its already sold out for pre-order.[/QUOTE]

Oh no no no.. you are confusing the Black Ops (Prestige Edition) with the Black Ops (Hardened Edition).

Remember that Black Ops had three editions (Standard, Hardened, Prestige) where as Modern Warfare is only going to have two (Standard, Hardened).

The Black Ops Prestige Edition although fairly limited was not extremely rare you are correct. It was found for months after release and eventually hit clearance at many retailers (Target and BB most notably).

The Black Ops Hardened edition however was very rare and hard to find even weeks after release. Other then TRU running a c**k tease and having the hardened edition show up on their website as "in-store only" and at $19.99 (in which NO ONE has been able to find it) their has been no mention of it since last December or so.

I thought the Hardened Edition came with the Prestige Edition of BO though?

That said, I already sold my preorder of the Hardened for $200, and got myself a free copy of the standard ;)

[quote name='mr_bungle']I thought the Hardened Edition came with the Prestige Edition of BO though?

That said, I already sold my preorder of the Hardened for $200, and got myself a free copy of the standard ;)[/QUOTE]

Wow.. lucky. I don't know what idiot would pay $200 when you can get them on eBay for ~ $140 but good for you.

Yes it was the nuts and the bolts of the Hardened but not the true hardened as it didn't come in the same packaging and you'd never be able to pass it off as the hardened edition to a collector.

[quote name='GamerKingFaiz']Dammit, are you serious... =/

I can't find it anywhere to buy, does anyone know where I could find a copy?[/QUOTE]

It seems as if most stores are out near me so if I really really really wanted it..I would probably buy from ebay. http://www.ebay.com/itm/PREORDER-NE...8552?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item35b6384868

Its 37$ more than msrp and I would never buy it.

edit: or yeah, you can try to run around and get it on day 1

'Eeeh, being stuck at college without a car, that option is a no go for me.

How is Toys'r'Us shipping?

I want to get the hardened edition of MW3 from Toy'r'Us, as it seems it's the only place that is still shipping it.

I was wondering how fast I could expect it to arrive?

Walmart states "Preorder this item today and it should ship on 11/08/2011"

SHOULD?! I almost just want to get the regular edition and just buy the Elite online, seems the safest way to be able to play on release day and get founder status on elite.

But for what it's worth, how's the shipping at Wal-mart?

[quote name='GamerKingFaiz']'Eeeh, being stuck at college without a car, that option is a no go for me.

How is Toys'r'Us shipping?

[/QUOTE]

Ugh been there, done that. That's how I missed out on my ME2 CE *still mad* And are you sure you can get founder status without getting hardened?

[quote name='panda911']Ugh been there, done that. That's how I missed out on my ME2 CE *still mad* And are you sure you can get founder status without getting hardened?[/QUOTE]

Yes, I believe anyone who pre-orders Elite before nov 13 gets founder status. and all pre-orders of hardened edition ofcourse.

Ugh... I have a $20 GC from Gears 3 from Walmart but it takes forever to get the game in the mail... I hope Amazon brings it back so I can use my Battlefield 3 credit to buy it.

[quote name='eliter1']Ugh... I have a $20 GC from Gears 3 from Walmart but it takes forever to get the game in the mail... I hope Amazon brings it back so I can use my Battlefield 3 credit to buy it.[/QUOTE]

I've done a lot of preorders over the last two months from Walmart and I've gotten my games at the latest by Wednesday (day after release).

A lot depends on when you place the preorder and when the order processes. The only time I had late shipping was when I placed the order the wednesday the week before and the order was reviewed by Walmart's security review team and I didn't get a chance to confirm the purchase till the day before it released. Therefore it didn't ship until release day so I don't think I got it until Thursday or Friday. My games are almost always shipped via Fedex which for me is a two day service.

I have the $20 from Gears of War 3 for Amazon, but I just want the Hardened Edition...

So if I were to buy from Wal-mart today will I be able to get it before the 13th (the cutoff for Elite founder status)?

i don't' mean to sound like a dick...but elite founder status won't really big that big of a deal considering everyone and their mother will be paying $50 to get it...just saying.

[quote name='Toaster Driver']i don't' mean to sound like a dick...but elite founder status won't really big that big of a deal considering everyone and their mother will be paying $50 to get it...just saying.[/QUOTE]

But then if you don't have it, you'll be the only one without it, and all the cool kids will make fun of you!

But seriously, it's basically getting all of this at no extra cost, other than a purchase deadline:

- Special Founder status on Call of Duty Elite, including:
- Unique Founder weapon camo and profile skin
- Exclusive Founder in-game Player Card and Emblem
- Access to the private ""#Founder" Group
- Special Founder Clan XP boost
- Special Founder Operations, Events and Leagues
- Exclusive Founder prizes and experiences

If you are going to get the DLC / Premium subscription anyway, you really might as well try to get the most out of your money.

[quote name='SpaceInsomniac']But then if you don't have it, you'll be the only one without it, and all the cool kids will make fun of you!

But seriously, it's basically getting all of this at no extra cost, other than a purchase deadline:

- Special Founder status on Call of Duty Elite, including:
- Unique Founder weapon camo and profile skin
- Exclusive Founder in-game Player Card and Emblem
- Access to the private ""#Founder" Group
- Special Founder Clan XP boost
- Special Founder Operations, Events and Leagues
- Exclusive Founder prizes and experiences

If you are going to get the DLC / Premium subscription anyway, you really might as well try to get the most out of your money.[/QUOTE]

Wow, I didn't even know that there was that much stuff relating to the founder status...I just thought you would get something unique on your emblem but this seems great. :D

Looks like walmart.com and TRU.com are OOS re: MW3 Hardened for PS3. Both still have some 360 versions available.

That being said if you haven't preordered a PS3 version by now you might be SOL. I can't think of a single retailer that has any stock.

Gamestop, BB, Buy.com, Amazon, TRU, Newegg, Kmart, Walmart, Target and I'm sure many more are either OOS or have pulled the PS3 version from the site.

i dont get my local wal mart and toys r us, they dont know if they are going to receive the hardened edition or not, so that means if i goto wal mart or toys r us at midnight will i be able to choose hardened if they get any?

[quote name='GamerKingFaiz']One last place my friend found was at FYE:
http://www.fye.com/Call-of-Duty--Mo...productId139990410VVcatId455366VVviewprod.htm

I don't care anymore, I'm just going to buy the regular edition and get the Elite separately.[/QUOTE]

Unless you really want that 100+ page field manual, a metal game case, or some other physical object that's included, there really isn't a point in paying over 100 dollars for the Hardened edition, or even going out of your way for it.

[quote name='SpaceInsomniac']Unless you really want that 100+ page field manual, a metal game case, or some other physical object that's included, there really isn't a point in paying over 100 dollars for the Hardened edition, or even going out of your way for it.[/QUOTE]

Exactly, the only reason I wanted the Hardened edition is because I would've been saving $10 off of Elite, and the other goodies, was going to be an added bonus.

Oh well, I'm sad I should've pre-ordered earlier, live and learn, I suppose.

[quote name='GamerKingFaiz']One last place my friend found was at FYE:
http://www.fye.com/Call-of-Duty--Mo...productId139990410VVcatId455366VVviewprod.htm

I don't care anymore, I'm just going to buy the regular edition and get the Elite separately.[/QUOTE]

doing the same...ordered my hardened off toysrus when they still had them in stock. getting the regular edition at kmart with the $20 off coupon i got from getting bf3 there (which i bought with the $30 off coupon from arkham city lol)

kmart kinda owns me now.

what to do..I called like 3 Best Buys with a sob story and they all checked with the 'back' and said there was absolutely no way they could pre-order anymore copies, like they already had the 'numbers' I'm sure they're already in the back of the store.

This makes me fearful about venturing out for a midnight release. I only got Blops Hardened b/c by chance I went to a BB at noon the day of release and they had one lone copy, so I snagged it. This I definitely should have pre-ordered at GS or BB sooner to get at midnight. I know GS won't have any extra on hand, BB sounds doubtful, maybe they'll have 1 or 2, but they are gonna be shady about it, probably have them tucked under a table for an employee to grab the next morning..

I see that Fry's is still selling it, debating it. But then again, I spied a GeoW3 (middle-edition version) at Frys this past weekend, they had 4 copies and this was gone from BB's on release day, Fry's even still had MvC 3 CE's that have been there for months. Maybe I could just go there at noon the day of release and grab this hardened. damn choices!

I pre-ordered the hardened edition while Amazon still had it in stock and now I'm getting really unsure if I want to keep it. I never bought any of the DLC for MW1/2 and never played black ops multiplayer, nor did any of my friends I play with.

I don't know if I should keep the pre-order and try to sell the hardened edition and pick up a regular copy, or just cancel the pre-order. What do you guys think?

I say honestly just keep it and sell it on eBay, they're going for much more than the retail value right now due to there being none available anymore.

I pre-ordered the hardened edition while Amazon still had it in stock and now I'm getting really unsure if I want to keep it. I never bought any of the DLC for MW1/2 and never played black ops multiplayer, nor did any of my friends I play with.

I don't know if I should keep the pre-order and try to sell the hardened edition and pick up a regular copy, or just cancel the pre-order. What do you guys think?
Get it! Even if you don't think its worth it, it may turn into profit later.

edit: gamerkingfaiz beat me to it :p

bread's done
Back