Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 - July Elite DLC out now, Terminal free for everyone

[quote name='yahoosale14']i thought a game had to go 'gold"(printed and sent to stores) before it leaked.[/QUOTE]

Judging from the video, I think they were showing it off at some gaming convention.

[quote name='TheRock88']Footage of the first mission in Campaign mode got leaked. Note, pretty poor quality but you can kinda tell what's going on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45I3snqiaD0&feature=feedu
[/QUOTE]

Only needed to see one minute of it to think "thats classic CoD right there".

i was wondering if anyone wanted to play some MW2 Spec Ops with me? i haven't played a single Spec Ops mission and dont feel like playing solo.

[quote name='buddynayr']Well, after playing the BF3 beta, I can say for sure that I will be getting MW3 on release date.[/QUOTE]

Same. The beta was pretty crappy imho.

I'm sure the Battlefield 3 single player will still be amazing however, and a beta is still just a beta.

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw the controllers at Gamestop today. The box said it has some downloadable content. Anyone know what it is?

[quote name='xtreme_Zr2']Campaign looks awesome as always, despite the fact it probably won't make a lick of sense. I hope we get another AC130 mission.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure they already confirmed an AC-130 mission

[quote name='LinkinPrime']I'm hoping to use some of my Amazon credit if/when they show up on their site.[/QUOTE]

It looks like you can order it from Amazon even though it's "Temporarily Out Of Stock" and use your credit towards it.

Just gotta wait til they get their shipment, unless you're just itching to get it ASAP.:D

Maybe old news for some, but I just learned that this will feature the return of online splitscreen multiplayer (one of the only things I liked from BlOps). At the same time, I learned that BF3 will have no splitscreen of any kind. I was originally gonna buy both games, but now I'm just gonna buy MW3.

CoD always had splitscreen on Xbox 360. Never a surprise.

But yes, splitscreen is something EA doesn't understand, although I doubt Battlefield 3 will be night and day better as it is now if it did have to compromise for splitscreen.

Necrozilla, they were referring to being able to have two people splitscreening on one XBox and playing online with others at the same time. Black Ops was the first CoD to do this.

For anyone wondering what kind of video content will be included with the Call of Duty Elite service, here are a couple of videos that might interest you. They're from a You Tube commentator named XboxAhoy who was creating a video guide for the weapons in Black Ops when he was approached by Activision to work on an official video guide for the weapons in Modern Warfare 3.

Here's an example of his incomplete Black Ops weapons guide:

http://youtu.be/m4WBgW-iHlA

And here's his announcement video from right after Activsion announced the COD Elite service, and he could finally tell people about his great opportunity:

http://youtu.be/mHq1mPPrs4c

I was a fan of his videos before he was contacted by Activsion, and I'm certainly looking forward to watching his content on the official Elite site.

[quote name='Necrozilla']CoD always had splitscreen on Xbox 360. Never a surprise.[/QUOTE]

I wasn't sure if it would be back for MW3 since split screen online was one of the only things I liked about BlOps. Now, if it's not riddled with the same hit detection issues that BlOps was (the entire multiplayer), I think I'll really enjoy the feature this year.

[quote name='SpaceInsomniac']For anyone wondering what kind of video content will be included with the Call of Duty Elite service, here are a couple of videos that might interest you. They're from a You Tube commentator named XboxAhoy who was creating a video guide for the weapons in Black Ops when he was approached by Activision to work on an official video guide for the weapons in Modern Warfare 3.

Here's an example of his incomplete Black Ops weapons guide:

http://youtu.be/m4WBgW-iHlA

And here's his announcement video from right after Activsion announced the COD Elite service, and he could finally tell people about his great opportunity:

http://youtu.be/mHq1mPPrs4c

I was a fan of his videos before he was contacted by Activsion, and I'm certainly looking forward to watching his content on the official Elite site.[/QUOTE]

While I enjoy XboxAhoy's videos, I'm much, much more interested in the Jason Bateman/Will Arnett program from the service, as a huge Arrested Development fan.

[quote name='JasonTerminator']While I enjoy XboxAhoy's videos, I'm much, much more interested in the Jason Bateman/Will Arnett program from the service, as a huge Arrested Development fan.[/QUOTE]

Jason Bateman was great in Horrible Bosses, but this won't be his first project making content about a video game:

http://youtu.be/Fuuhn2cfVUE

I'm sorry :(

[quote name='Necrozilla']CoD always had splitscreen on Xbox 360. Never a surprise.

But yes, splitscreen is something EA doesn't understand, although I doubt Battlefield 3 will be night and day better as it is now if it did have to compromise for splitscreen.[/QUOTE]

The IW games never had split-screen + online, only split-screen offline and spec ops. Glad they're doing this!

Came across this today... Hopefully it is accurate and true.

With Modern Warfare 3’s release less than a month away, we have gotten some clarification on how the DLC rollout will work. This is somewhat speculation and just info that we have gathered from various sources (including this week’s GTtv episode) and is subject to change..
DLC will start being released as they are made; first DLC should hit in Jan 2012. The DLC will be released to Xbox ELITE Premium Members first. After, PS3 ELITE premium members will get the maps. Once an amount of content is released, it will be put together into one DLC pack, and released to the Xbox non-ELITE premium members. And then finally the PS3 non-elite members will get the map pack.
Infinity Ward’s executive producer, Mark Rubin, also hinted at possible singleplayer (campaign) missions downloads and even “weekly maps” for ELITE’s service when interviewed on Gametrailers TV this week.

Order of Releases:
1) First releases on Xbox 360 ELITE Premium Members (weekly)
2) Second releases on PS3 ELITE Premium Members (weekly)
3) Third releases on Xbox 360 non-ELITE (as Map Packs)
4) And finally the PS3 non-ELITE get it last. (as Map Packs)

ELITE premium members:
DLC will be released WEEKLY (maps, or other unknown DLC, guns?)
Non-ELITE (Free) Members:
All the DLC released to date will be put in one Map Pack, similar to the way it was before.
*ELITE for PC is TBD.

Also, we received several tips that ELITE is ready for digital purchase online already via the new Xbox Live “Beta” dashboard and PSN.

CharlieIntel

This might be a dumb question as I haven't been following COD, the people who are elite free members, I assume that those map packs will still cost money correct?

[quote name='hustletron']This might be a dumb question as I haven't been following COD, the people who are elite free members, I assume that those map packs will still cost money correct?[/QUOTE]

Correct. The paid Elite membership ($50) will have the DLC free at no additional cost (prepayment, but you save $10 in the long run).

Is the hardened edition going to be limited edition? I did some more trade in games at BB and got the 50% bonus but couldn't pre-order the hardened edition. Even went to BB.com and it won't allow in-store pickup and it says $10.99 to get it delivered on the day it comes out. Amazon is doing .99 shipping for my BF3 for opening day shipping. I just have more credit with BB so I wanted to get the MW3 from BB. Hopefully, they will get it fixed.

I've never actually owned a Call of Duty game from its release (I always pick it up post-launch and start off way behind), so I'm fairly excited about purchasing this game Day 1. I've also watched a ton of coverage from the Call of Duty XP event, and I feel pretty comfortable knowing how things will work out on the MP side of things. I can't say that I'll play this game more than Battlefield 3 quite yet, but it definitely won't stop me from putting a shit ton of time into it.

Not too thrilled with dropping that Benjamin for this game, either, but it can't be helped :cool:

[quote name='Dr.Zoidberg']Is the hardened edition going to be limited edition? I did some more trade in games at BB and got the 50% bonus but couldn't pre-order the hardened edition. Even went to BB.com and it won't allow in-store pickup and it says $10.99 to get it delivered on the day it comes out. Amazon is doing .99 shipping for my BF3 for opening day shipping. I just have more credit with BB so I wanted to get the MW3 from BB. Hopefully, they will get it fixed.[/QUOTE]

Actually after trying to preorder at gamestop over a month ago they said they were sold out, I called BB and they said they still had them, and I didn't go there until yesterday and found out the stopped taking them a week ago (big fail on my part for waiting). I called BB about 4 times to see if I could still do it and they said I could do it online and chose in-store pickup, but whoever I talked to was wrong so I called again and they said the only way you can get it through BB is if you chose delivery.

So amazon is the only place left to get them and I had no trouble ordering 3 of the HE from them, and it is much cheaper (no tax). Still bummed I won't be attending a midnight release and having to wait till the afternoon to play.

[quote name='lacertile']Correct. The paid Elite membership ($50) will have the DLC free at no additional cost (prepayment, but you save $10 in the long run).[/QUOTE]

The Hardened Edition of the game is only 40 dollars more than the standard edition, and it comes with a free premium Elite membership, which would save you 20 dollars in the long run.

[quote name='Dr.Zoidberg']Is the hardened edition going to be limited edition? I did some more trade in games at BB and got the 50% bonus but couldn't pre-order the hardened edition. Even went to BB.com and it won't allow in-store pickup and it says $10.99 to get it delivered on the day it comes out. Amazon is doing .99 shipping for my BF3 for opening day shipping. I just have more credit with BB so I wanted to get the MW3 from BB. Hopefully, they will get it fixed.[/QUOTE]

Yea I had called on Friday and they stopped doing the pre-orders in store sometime last week. I got the same thing about ordering online. I went online that day and couldn't pre-order it at the time since I hadn't received the debit card from my new credit union. Checked yesterday when I got the card and it wasn't available for in-store pick up anymore.

[quote name='SpaceInsomniac']The Hardened Edition of the game is only 40 dollars more than the standard edition, and it comes with a free premium Elite membership, which would save you 20 dollars in the long run.[/QUOTE]

No, the Premium Elite service is $50 ($49.99) a year. So you are saving $10.

[quote name='mvp828']No, the Premium Elite service is $50 ($49.99) a year. So you are saving $10.[/QUOTE]

No, they announced that there would be 4 DLC packs for $15 each. So you are saving $20.

[quote name='Trakan']No, they announced that there would be 4 DLC packs for $15 each. So you are saving $20.[/QUOTE]

Yea but they are only talking about the Elite membership. Just saw the very first question that was about Elite getting the DLC.

Either way, it's hard to say if the price will be $15 a piece if they are including weapons, maps, and most the most recently mentioned single player missions.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Activision try to put out a $20 map pack and then hope more people convert to Elite during the middle of the year. From a business and economics standpoint, that would look a lot more appealing since they would grab some people that otherwise might not have bought the premium service.

[quote name='mvp828']Yea but they are only talking about the Elite membership...[/QUOTE]
For the Hardened Edition, though. The one you are realistically paying $40 for.

[quote name='mvp828']Either way, it's hard to say if the price will be $15 a piece if they are including weapons, maps, and the most recently mentioned single player missions.[/QUOTE]

I don't think I've ever heard them talk about DLC weapons. They've said multiplayer maps, spec ops content, game modes, and that they're looking into single player DLC. They've also said that there will be 20 pieces of DLC.

My guess is that there will be about 15 multiplayer maps, a couple of new gameplay modes, a single player mission, and a spec-ops mission or two (outside of survival). It's already known that the survival spec-ops missions use the multiplayer maps, unlike Zombies which used specially made maps.

I think most of the content will be multiplayer maps, and I think people will be upset if the focus isn't on new multiplayer content.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Tha Xecutioner']For the Hardened Edition, though. The one you are realistically paying $40 for.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='SpaceInsomniac']True, but the Hardened edition comes with a free Premium membership, and costs less than buying a standard copy of MW3 with 50 dollar Elite membership. That's the point I'm trying to make.

MW3 = $60
MW3 + Premium Elite (includes all DLC) = $110
MW3 + Buying each DLC pack as they are released = $120
Hardened Edition of MW3 (which includes Premium Elite and all DLC) = $100[/QUOTE]

No I know what you guys are saying now... That's why I had edited that post before I saw the last two responses. I hadn't seen the original question about the DLC cost.

I have been set on the Hardened Edition since they announced it came with Elite Premium.

[quote name='mvp828']No I know what you guys are saying now... That's why I had edited that post before I saw the last two responses.[/QUOTE]

And that's why I edited my post to talk about a completely different topic. :)

[quote name='SpaceInsomniac']I don't think I've ever heard them talk about DLC weapons. They've said multiplayer maps, spec ops content, game modes, and that they're looking into single player DLC. They've also said that there will be 20 pieces of DLC.

My guess is that there will be about 15 multiplayer maps, a couple of new gameplay modes, a single player mission, and a spec-ops mission or two (outside of survival). It's already known that the survival spec-ops missions use the multiplayer maps, unlike Zombies which used specially made maps.

I think most of the content will be multiplayer maps, and I think people will be upset if the focus isn't on new multiplayer content.[/QUOTE]

Guns were talked about numerous times. They were mentioned in a couple different interviews with Bowling and Schofield, and Bowling has also mentioned the possibility of Guns in the DLC on his Twitter.

[quote name='mvp828']Guns were talked about numerous times. They were mentioned in a couple different interviews with Bowling and Schofield, and Bowling has also mentioned the possibility of Guns in the DLC on his Twitter.[/QUOTE]

really? care to link it? i feel like he said they were against any competitive edge an Elite/DLC buyer would receive(such as weapons, etc)

I would assume that they would handle guns like any DLC and keep it separate from non DLC players.

As it is now, if you're in a party and one player doesn't have the DLC, then the whole party is locked out of the DLC. You also wouldn't play against anyone who had the DLC.

Pretty simple.

[quote name='yahoosale14']really? care to link it? i feel like he said they were against any competitive edge an Elite/DLC buyer would receive(such as weapons, etc)[/QUOTE]

Already have linked in the past... This post from 9-26

I know there were also a couple different tweets by Bowling, but have no idea when they were now and don't feel like searching through 2 months of answers to stupid questions from others.

bread's done
Back