Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 - July Elite DLC out now, Terminal free for everyone

I did a late pre-order with Wal-Mart for the Hardened edition and the shipping date is like late next week. I am hoping to go BB, Wal-Mart or Toys R Us next Tues and pick up a Hardened but I'm not counting on it.

Hopefully my pre-order for 3 of the hardened editions arrives on Tuesday, can't wait for this game.

Also from Robert Bowling on twitter just now:

No plans to ban legit fans, but try to wait til midnight launch on Tuesday to play #MW3. Can't wait to jump online with everyone then!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='TheRock88']According to this video (skip to an hour and 3 min), the guy says the punishment for dashboarding will be your ENTIRE progress (stats, unlocks, pro perks, etc) in MW3 will be reset back to level 1.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yy1MvazRWA8&list=UUIPVJoHb_A5S3kcv3TJlyEg&index=2&feature=plpp_video

Kinda drastic and I wonder how they would consider this for something in an event like a blackout or your internet craps out during a match.[/QUOTE]

Lies. There's NO WAY they would reset all of your stats. People would be raging relentlessly when internet/hosting issues are inconsistant. I have serious trouble beliving that one.

[quote name='JasonTerminator']The Xbox EULA basically lets them ban you for no reason at all. You're likely right that they won't ban people for playing early, and they'll probably just reset your stats day 1, but the potential for account suspension and permabans is there.[/QUOTE]

True but the xbox stance is always if you get the game legitimately you won't be banned. I was talking MW3 company banning you from their servers. But I always have to laugh when you buy a game and the developers point to their eula as justification for something. The catch is you typically can't read the eula without opening the game. Once you open the game if you don't agree with the eula you can't use the product but places won't accept returns of open media items. I always wondered if I could buy a game, open it and get a refund from the publisher if I don't wish to abide by the eula. :)

On another note: Any interest in opening a MW3 mountain dew/doritos card trade thread. When you redeem your codes for mw3 time you get "trading cards" and if you make a set up get bonus double xp time for free. They have a mechanism for trading. So if people are interested I could start a thread for people to trade duplicate cards. I don't think they have any value since you can't do anything with them without having entered a equal number of codes and they only are redeemed as a set for bonus xp time.

[quote name='kklems']I always wondered if I could buy a game, open it and get a refund from the publisher if I don't wish to abide by the eula. :) [/QUOTE]

You can. Some games, like World of Warcraft, even have a specific provision in thier EULA for doing so. Within 30 days of your purchase, of course.

[quote name='Mr Grand Cru']Anybody know if Wal-Mart will be selling Harderned Editions in store ?[/QUOTE]

call or visit your local walmart and ask someone in the games section, they should have shipments of games by now

[quote name='yahoosale14']

i cant believe this will be put on tv. mw2 commercials were better, havent seen any good mw3 ones(or any at all) so far.[/QUOTE]

I really liked the Black Ops ads with Kobe Bryant and others. It's a shame that they're following those up with this trash.

[quote name='kklems']

On another note: Any interest in opening a MW3 mountain dew/doritos card trade thread. When you redeem your codes for mw3 time you get "trading cards" and if you make a set up get bonus double xp time for free. They have a mechanism for trading. So if people are interested I could start a thread for people to trade duplicate cards. I don't think they have any value since you can't do anything with them without having entered a equal number of codes and they only are redeemed as a set for bonus xp time.[/QUOTE]We go thru a lot of mt dew so I'll have a bunch of codes and will be willing to trade duplicate cards.

[quote name='kklems']
On another note: Any interest in opening a MW3 mountain dew/doritos card trade thread. When you redeem your codes for mw3 time you get "trading cards" and if you make a set up get bonus double xp time for free. They have a mechanism for trading. So if people are interested I could start a thread for people to trade duplicate cards. I don't think they have any value since you can't do anything with them without having entered a equal number of codes and they only are redeemed as a set for bonus xp time.[/QUOTE]

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=304811

also know that the doritos codes CAN be used by two different accounts so you can share/trade those

[quote name='BingoBrown']I really liked the Black Ops ads with Kobe Bryant and others. It's a shame that they're following those up with this trash.[/QUOTE]

Agreed, Jimmy Kimmel+Kobe was awesome!

[quote name='theredworm']http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=304811

also know that the doritos codes CAN be used by two different accounts so you can share/trade those[/QUOTE]

Hum only redeemed one doritos code, the rest have been diet MD codes didn't know that. Have to check and see if I still have the code. We don't eat many doritos so I didn't pay attention. I'll add my tradelist over on the other post.

[quote name='kklems']Hum only redeemed one doritos code, the rest have been diet MD codes didn't know that. Have to check and see if I still have the code. We don't eat many doritos so I didn't pay attention. I'll add my tradelist over on the other post.[/QUOTE]

you can see codes you've redeemed on the dewxp site

also search twitter for #rankupxp to find tons of people posting their trade lists
https://twitter.com/#!/search/#rankupXP

[quote name='$hady']Some guy is live streaming, people are insane ranked up already: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/patrickdm

Looks great and i'm jealous, not a tube fest like MW2.[/QUOTE]

The hatred is growing, growing...GROWING! :rofl:

Anyways, I truly hope for a Day 1 reset of stats, I would hate for people to have such a large advantage with weapons/classes/perks, etc. because they got it early by some mean or another.

I just watched the trailer with the non fat Jonah Hill, I've lost what little respect I had for call of duty after that. He's not funny when he's not fat.

Watching that stream linked earlier, someone's already level 54 hahahaha.

[quote name='intoxicated662']MW3 is available for modded xbox 360's, saw it all over my local CL. The wait is worth it..[/QUOTE]

You sick! YOU ARE SICK! :booty:

Just kidding, but I would be careful mentioning that you pirated the game...

[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']You sick! YOU ARE SICK! :booty:

Just kidding, but I would be careful mentioning that you pirated the game...[/QUOTE]

When did he mention he pirated the game?

[quote name='Dr.Zoidberg']Ok, stupid question here but who is the guy in the commercial with Jonah Hill?[/QUOTE]

Don't remember his name nor care to google it but he was the lead in the new clash of the titans and he was in the latest terminator. He also did the voice for your character in black ops.

[quote name='Dr.Zoidberg']Ok, stupid question here but who is the guy in the commercial with Jonah Hill?[/QUOTE]

Sam Worthington. He was also the lead character in Avatar.

Oh yea, Worthington. I wondered how he pretty much came from no where and got the gigs of Abatar, Terminator and Clash of Titans all at once.

[quote name='hustletron']When did he mention he pirated the game?[/QUOTE]

"the wait is worth it".

Makes it sound like he got a pirated version of the game or a modded Xbox to play said pirated version. Of course he could have bought it legit, but that was just my first thoughts when I read "the wait is worth it".

[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']"the wait is worth it".

Makes it sound like he got a pirated version of the game or a modded Xbox to play said pirated version. Of course he could have bought it legit, but that was just my first thoughts when I read "the wait is worth it".[/QUOTE]

I think he was referring to waiting until Tuesday, because he knows it will be worth it. :D

At least that's how I interpreted it... But I could definitely see how it could be understood the other way.

[quote name='MillerTime2523']lol, i like the 2 second dwight howard appearance at the end, those guys must be really bored during the lockout lol[/QUOTE]

Especially with LeBron tweeting like 2 days ago that he just beat Arkham City :lol:

[quote name='theredworm']the elite app is up in xbox market
http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/P...6acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d80241560898?cid=SLink[/QUOTE]

Interesting....says 2hrs Double XP for registering in the description

Get access to the incredible features of Call of Duty ELITE designed for Modern Warfare® 3 directly on your 360 with the Call of Duty ELITE Console App! Download the Console App for free, and register to earn 2 HOURS OF DOUBLE XP! Call of Duty ELITE is the innovate new online service that will transform your multiplayer experience. CAREER See thousands of gameplay stats, review recent matches, leaderboards and more CONNECT Connect with the people you want to play with in Groups and Clans COMPETE Show off your skills and creativity in year-round contests and events across all skill levels IMPROVE Tap into intel on weapons and map, stat trackers, and heat maps UPGRADE to the ultimate multiplayer experience with the Call of Duty ELITE 1-Year Premium Subscription to get access to ELITE Premium features and all the Modern Warfare 3 DLC. Available now in the Xbox LIVE® Marketplace. The Call of Duty ELITE Console App supports both free and Premium subscription.

Two questions:

1) Where are the best places to get free schwag tonight? I know Wal-Mart is doing their tourney thing, and Gamestop, Best Buy, and Toys R Us are all having midnight launches, but where can I get the best/most free stuff? I generally skip out on these midnight release things, since I'm a responsible adult, but I kinda feel like not being so responsible tonight.

2) Anyone know exactly when the review embargo ends? I feel like from previous CoD releases, it's been around noon EST on the Monday before the release, but I can't find anything to confirm that for MW3.

Question 1: I'd probably say Walmart. Get a poster and t-shirt for showing up (if you're early enough) and a patch if you buy the game from there.

best deals for MW3 that i've found have been either TRU or K-mart. Tru you get a $15 gc or buy another game and get a $40 gc. K-Mart lets you get 4000 ms points for $29.99 or a 12 month gold card for $39.99 ($20 off each item, so either or).

[quote name='intoxicated662']best deals for MW3 that i've found have been either TRU or K-mart. Tru you get a $15 gc or buy another game and get a $40 gc. K-Mart lets you get 4000 ms points for $29.99 or a 12 month gold card for $39.99 ($20 off each item, so either or).[/QUOTE]

Plus you get a $15 gaming coupon for a future purchase with K-Mart. If you want the regular edition + Elite, but don't want/can't find the Hardened Edition, K-Mart is definitely the place to go.

I wish kmart had the deal of the 4000 point card in their ad, I have a gc for walmart and I'd love to price match it there in case they don't have hardened editions.

My COD XP copies just came in! :cool:

mw3b.jpg

bread's done
Back