CALL OF DUTY Officially back in Modern Warfare 2 Title

I don't really give a shit, so long as the game is awesome (which it will be).

Makes sense though; there is the retarded consumer that won't know it's a CoD game unless it says it right on the box.

[quote name='lolwut?']I don't really give a shit, so long as the game is awesome (which it will be).

Makes sense though; there is the retarded consumer that won't know it's a CoD game unless it says it right on the box.[/QUOTE]

/End thread.

Stupid move in the first place. There was no business advantage to dropping the Call of Duty name.

Everyone should know that it's Infinity Ward's sequel, but you have some people who didn't have a clue on what the game was...

EDIT: Notice (if this is the official box art) that the Call of Duty is smaller than the Modern Warfare 2 part. I think they are trying to get people to recognize the Modern Warfare part because they will probably drop Call of Duty in the next game. Trying to emphasize on that one part.

Last edited by a moderator:
This game will be awesome beyond a doubt so it really doesn't matter what they put on the cover!....can't wait.

[quote name='iPUSHCARTS']There was no business advantage to dropping the Call of Duty name.[/QUOTE]

1)Building brand equity in a second brand
2)Buzz around the naming of the title
3)Shorter names are always easier to communicate

The mass consumer is irrelevant until right before launch. There's no need to tailor anything to them this far out.

bread's done
Back