Call of Duty: WAW Map Pack Bundle Sale $19.99(PS3 Only)

crr_1119

Banned
I just got an email from the Activision newsletter for Call of Duty stating that the Map Pack bundle for the Playstation 3 version of World at War is on sale for $19.99, which is the price of two Map Packs. So it's sort of like buy two get one free as you get Map Packs 1, 2, and 3 in the bundle.

For those who aren't familiar with the Map Packs you get 3 new multiplayer maps and one co-op Nazi Zombie map in each one, so the bundle would have a total of 9 new multiplayer maps and 3 new Nazi Zombie maps. Not to mention 20 new trophies to obtain!

Sorry if this is old news or has already been posted, I didn't see it anywhere in the deals forum though!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='crr_1119']I just got an email from the Activision newsletter for Call of Duty stating that the Map Pack bundle for the Playstation 3 version of World at War is on sale for $19.99, which is the price of two Map Packs. So it's sort of like buy two get one free as you get Map Packs 1, 2, and 3 in the bundle.

For those who aren't familiar with the Map Packs you get 3 new multiplayer maps and one co-op Nazi Zombie map in each one, so the bundle would have a total of 9 new multiplayer maps and 3 new Nazi Zombie maps. Not to mention 20 new trophies to obtain!

Sorry if this is old news or has already been posted, I didn't see it anywhere in the deals forum though!

[/QUOTE]

It's a great deal, but I'm still amazed that more people didn't take advantage of the promotional period where you could buy all three maps individually for $4.99 each (instead of $9.99 a piece). By doing so, I got the "bundle" for $14.97, which is still the best offer I've seen for this collection. I'm wondering if it was overlooked due to COD MW 2 being released right around that same time?

If anything, I highly doubt they sell these for any less than $19.99 again.

[quote name='WTFer']So the 360 owners get shafted?
Great just great.[/QUOTE]

Says the guy getting MW2 maps early? :roll:

[quote name='LeonSKennedy']It's a great deal, but I'm still amazed that more people didn't take advantage of the promotional period where you could buy all three maps individually for $4.99 each (instead of $9.99 a piece). By doing so, I got the "bundle" for $14.97, which is still the best offer I've seen for this collection. I'm wondering if it was overlooked due to COD MW 2 being released right around that same time?

If anything, I highly doubt they sell these for any less than $19.99 again[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that deal was the best one this far and that's when I picked up the 3 map packs. It probably was overlooked because I believe it was a week before MW2 came out.

[quote name='LeonSKennedy']It's a great deal, but I'm still amazed that more people didn't take advantage of the promotional period where you could buy all three maps individually for $4.99 each (instead of $9.99 a piece). By doing so, I got the "bundle" for $14.97, which is still the best offer I've seen for this collection. I'm wondering if it was overlooked due to COD MW 2 being released right around that same time?

If anything, I highly doubt they sell these for any less than $19.99 again.
[/QUOTE]

Damn, I didn't hear anything at all about that deal. Would've definitely bought them on PS3 if I had. Not gonna bite on this deal because I already have the maps on the 360, but $15 to have them on the PS3 wouldn't have been bad at all.

[quote name='WTFer']So the 360 owners get shafted?
Great just great.[/QUOTE]

Yep, PS3 wins this round. The deal score is now 276 to 1 in favor of the 360.

The PS3 guys deserve a break now and then, lol. I dunno if I could go back and play through this now, but I have all three packs on the 360, and my friends and I had a ton of fun last spring/summer playing TDM and the zombie packs over and over and over.

[quote name='Trace17']
Yeah, that deal was the best one this far and that's when I picked up the 3 map packs. It probably was overlooked because I believe it was a week before MW2 came out.[/QUOTE]

I believe you're right. It blew my mind that they were being offered so cheaply. It made me believe that COD WAW was on it's way out for online play (it's really tapered off compared to how it used to be, but still has a fairly vibrant community), and that they were trying to "squeeze blood out of a turnip". Now COD MW2 has 300k plus players a night, and COD WAW around 20-25k.

[quote name='crr_1119']Damn, I didn't hear anything at all about that deal. Would've definitely bought them on PS3 if I had. Not gonna bite on this deal because I already have the maps on the 360, but $15 to have them on the PS3 wouldn't have been bad at all.[/QUOTE]

x2. I wish i heard about the $15 maps

[quote name='sstcrush']also been out on 360 for a longgg time, but honestly, who cares?[/QUOTE]

Wrong 2000 microsoft points equals $25.

bread's done
Back