Call of Duty: World at War $29.99 @ Kmart- 3/15/09 till 3/21/09

atchisonk

CAGiversary!
Saw this in today's Kmart sale paper. It is for both the PS3 and Xbox 360 for $29.99. Prices are effective 3/15/09 till 3/21/09 as stated on back of the sale paper.

[quote name='guyver2077']it would be nice if amazon price matched.. im just too busy to go over to kmart even though i work right next to one[/quote]

Ditto - except the nearest kmart is really far away for me

Is the Nazi Zombie part *really* worth $30? Because honestly, that's the only part of this game that has me remotely interested. Meh...maybe I'll just wait for $20. :twisted:

[quote name='yuyak']Well, apparently OP saw it TODAY in "today's Kmart sale paper" (his words), even though the sale starts Sunday. I think people are curious because no one else have seen the same ad that OP is purporting to have seen. We simply want confirmation.[/quote]

[quote name='rlb543']exactly[/quote]

Thus proving you didn't read the entire first post. :roll:

Thank you for proving my point.

:applause:

Here's the entire OP:
[quote name='atchisonk']Saw this in today's Kmart sale paper. It is for both the PS3 and Xbox 360 for $29.99. Prices are effective 3/15/09 till 3/21/09 as stated on back of the sale paper.[/quote]

[quote name='manthing']Thus proving you didn't read the entire first post. :roll:

Thank you for proving my point.

:applause:[/quote]
Please show me where it gives you any indication that OP didn't see this sale in yesterday's "Kmart sale paper" with a statement saying the "prices are effected 3/15/09 til 3/21/09" ? I don't see anything about it saying that the ad itself won't be posted until Sunday. And even if that's the case, which I assume it is, what's keeping the OP from posting an ad scan of whatever it is he saw? Other CAGers do that with Target/BB/CC(used to) ads for the future. Either we're looking at two different things or one of us has difficulties with English comprehension.

[quote name='yuyak']
Please show me where it gives you any indication that OP didn't see this sale in yesterday's "Kmart sale paper" with a statement saying the "prices are effected 3/15/09 til 3/21/09" ? I don't see anything about it saying that the ad itself won't be posted until Sunday. And even if that's the case, which I assume it is, what's keeping the OP from posting an ad scan of whatever it is he saw? Other CAGers do that with Target/BB/CC(used to) ads for the future. Either we're looking at two different things or one of us has difficulties with English comprehension.[/quote]

- Kmart likely didn't have a sale paper yesterday. I don't know, as I don't get a newspaper anymore.

- The "prices are effected 3/15/09 til 3/21/09" is self-explanatory, even if his 'today's ad' is unclear. The dates should have been sufficient to keep people from running out and expecting the deal RIGHT NOW.

- Ad scans are few and far between nowadays on CAG. Why would someone risk their job to get an ad scan(assuming OP is a KMart employee)? To assuage people like you?

- You want early confirmation of the deal? Buy a Sunday paper on Saturday, or wait until KMart updates the weekly ad on their site.

-------------------

Dear atchisonk:

Please don't let the whiners, doubters, and dullards prevent you from posting Kmart deals in the future!

:bouncy:

I'm at Kmart's site right now. They have the ad listed. To bad the nearest Kmart is 30 miles from here. Maybe I'll have to talk someone into going out of town on Sunday, lol.

[quote name='erik_wolff']I'm at Kmart's site right now. They have the ad listed. To bad the nearest Kmart is 30 miles from here. Maybe I'll have to talk someone into going out of town on Sunday, lol.[/quote]
Thanks! That's helpful. I looked and it looks like the PS3 version is on the ad but I don't see the 360 version.

Nevermind. The 360 price is listed at the very bottom (under the pic) in tiny letters. It's also $30.

Last edited by a moderator:
pretty decent price, especially for those who held out playing cod4. No excuse not to get this game now.

OP here, let me clear up a few things. I receive a Kmart sales paper every Wednesday in the newspaper. The sale is always for the next week beginning on Sunday. They send out sales papers 4 days early.

I did scan the ad and TRY to upload 3 times after I got off work at 1:30 in the morning. I went to bed at 3:00am trying to satisfy some of the whinny people on here to upload the scan on a dial up connection(I have no alternative connectivity). I was unsuccessful.

As far as the ad itself goes...in small green print under the picture of the PS3 version is says Xbox 360...$29.99.

To manthing....thank you for your support.

NP atchisonk.

Early access to KMart ads is an asset to CAG, even if their game sales are uncommon. I'd hate for you to be discouraged by impatient and/or illiterate forum members.

[quote name='atchisonk']OP here, let me clear up a few things. I receive a Kmart sales paper every Wednesday in the newspaper. The sale is always for the next week beginning on Sunday. They send out sales papers 4 days early.

I did scan the ad and TRY to upload 3 times after I got off work at 1:30 in the morning. I went to bed at 3:00am trying to satisfy some of the whinny people on here to upload the scan on a dial up connection(I have no alternative connectivity). I was unsuccessful.

As far as the ad itself goes...in small green print under the picture of the PS3 version is says Xbox 360...$29.99.

To manthing....thank you for your support.[/quote]
Thanks! I appreciate that and now I see that it also mentions the 360 version. Please don't take my posts as an attack on your post, but was offended by manthings unfounded accusation of illiteracy without explanation. I am very grateful for people like you giving us heads up on upcoming great deals.

Hopefully, I can get Best Buy to PM this. The closest K-mart to me is 25 miles away, and I have 3 Best Buys within a 10 mile radius.

Shiet.. finally a deal at K-mart.. it's sad that I literally live 30 seconds away from a K-mart and never got any good deals there. Probably pick this up after this weekend's GS haul.. good looking out OP!

Does anyone know if TRU would price match this? Fat chance, but it'd be awesome if I could get both RE5 and this for 70$.

buy it today at best buy and take the ad in for a PM on sunday - net cost $27 + tax then!

im gonna pick one up tomorrow when i PM the TRU RE5 for $40

Nice. Have a few friends who have been wanting W@W for a while now, so they can definitely benefit from this deal.

Here you go. PS3 and 360 at $30
CallOfDuty30.jpg

[quote name='Mako1215']I'll be price matching this. Anyone know of any places that do that extra 10% thing?[/quote]
Sears and Best Buy are the ones I know of

[quote name='yuyak']Sears and Best Buy are the ones I know of[/quote]

yeah but from what i have heard you need to buy the item first for full price then comeback to customer service with ad from other store,

Hmmm...after playing the demo on Live yesterday, I'm almost convinced this is worth $29.99. But damn, that Gamestop B2G1F sale is going on also. Too much dealage...! :bomb:

im still seeing people dropping 50 for buy it nows on ebay new and sealed so you can make 15-20 per copy there,,,,just an idea

This is a fantastic deall, and from K-mart of all places!! I'm gonna PM this at Sears, should give me a couple of good weeks before I can ditch it somewhere.

[quote name='AceSXE']im still seeing people dropping 50 for buy it nows on ebay new and sealed so you can make 15-20 per copy there,,,,just an idea[/QUOTE]

Even less after paypal and ebay fees.

i may have to jump on this as well, love cod4 and the modern warfare. Not sure how much Ill get into this game but at 30 its not bad

[quote name='bamf226']Price not valid for the Wii? Anyone know if any other store would price match the Wii version?[/quote]

Just buy it for 360 or ps3. The wii version scored lower on ign.com

PS3 & 360 = 9.2
Wii = 8

Same for Call of Duty 3
360 = 8.8
ps3 = 7.8
Wii = 7.7

Wii = NO HD, end of story.

Just confirming, I recieved the new K-mart ad in the mail today, it does indeed show the game for $29.99 for both PS3 and 360 for $29.99. There is a picture of the PS3 version, and in small print it lists 360 for the same price, just like the online screencapture posted above shows. Good deal.

[quote name='oasisboy']Just buy it for 360 or ps3. The wii version scored lower on ign.com

PS3 & 360 = 9.2
Wii = 8

Same for Call of Duty 3
360 = 8.8
ps3 = 7.8
Wii = 7.7

Wii = NO HD, end of story.[/quote]

I appreciate your concern. However, I don't think the 360 or PS3 version can be read by my Wii.

[quote name='lockarm']Dammit, why can't this happen to COD4? It's been seventeen months and counting. How much longer must I wait?

But as far as this deal is, good find.[/quote]

Weird, surprised it hasnt dropped by now. I got COD4 PS3 for $27.99 AC @ BB in Nov/Dec 07.

I picked up COD5 for ~$40 after lcb on ebay. This is a great deal. My cousin just dropped $60.00 on it =X

Does Best Buy pricematch Kmart? I have a $30 giftcard at Best Buy and would love to score a copy of World at War at this price. I would assume they do but I don't know how big of a competitor Kmart is still considered to other stores.

Is this game 4 player online like Halo 3? My brother, niece, and nephew have played Halo 3 online to death and need a new game. This seems perfect. I was seriously pissed that Left 4 Dead was not a 4 player game (seemed like it should have been), and i'm hoping this is.

Can anyone recommend some 4 player online games like Halo 3.

[quote name='DanTheMan26']Is this deal available online?

If so, when? Cause I'm on Kmart.com right now and it's still full price.[/quote]

I'm not entirely sure, but I believe it goes on sale at 2 a.m. in your respective time zone. It's listed at $30 for me and it's just past 3 cst.

Also, welcome!

[quote name='Trace17']I'm not entirely sure, but I believe it goes on sale at 2 a.m. in your respective time zone. It's listed at $30 for me and it's just past 3 cst.

Also, welcome![/quote]

It's 4:22 A.M here on the East Coast. SO it'll be up by around 6 am?

Great deal on a great game! Although it's not as good as Call of Duty 4, the online portion of this game is as addictive as its predecessor. Buy it now if you are sick of Halo 3, Gears of War 2, COD4, and you're looking for countless hours of fun!

bread's done
Back