Call of Duty: World at War $29.99 @ Kmart- 3/15/09 till 3/21/09

atchisonk

CAGiversary!
Saw this in today's Kmart sale paper. It is for both the PS3 and Xbox 360 for $29.99. Prices are effective 3/15/09 till 3/21/09 as stated on back of the sale paper.

[quote name='atchisonk']Saw this in today's Kmart sale paper. It is for both the PS3 and Xbox 360 for $29.99. Prices are effective 3/15/09 till 3/21/09 as stated on back of the sale paper.[/quote]

Excellent offer for a game I've been wanting to buy but haven't. Thank you for the heads up! :applause:

[quote name='Estebon']Is this game 4 player online like Halo 3? My brother, niece, and nephew have played Halo 3 online to death and need a new game. This seems perfect. I was seriously pissed that Left 4 Dead was not a 4 player game (seemed like it should have been), and i'm hoping this is.

Can anyone recommend some 4 player online games like Halo 3.[/quote]

If you mean where it has 4 player split-screen on the same console can play with/against others, then no, CoD:WaW is not like that. Nor is CoD4. Or Gears 1/2.

*Thinks* Sorry, I think your best bet is Halo 2. ...Or maybe Resistance 1 or 2 on PS3, if I remember correctly.

There might be some XBLA games that they might enjoy, Heavy Weapon, Aegis Wing, and Arkadian Warriors, Carcassonne, Catan are a few.

[quote name='bamf226']I appreciate your concern. However, I don't think the 360 or PS3 version can be read by my Wii.[/quote]

LOL, that was funny man.

Deal is working! The prices are advertised both in the weekly ad paper, and on the sliding glass games case in front of the games' shelf.

Game: Call of Duty: World at War
Store: Super-K(mart)
Time: 8:00am EST (Store Opening)
Systems: Xbox 360 and PS3
Advertised Price: $29.99 ($32.09 after tax for me)

Last edited by a moderator:
I got mine this morning. The sales clerk wasn't aware of the sale, and it wasnt' marked.
$30, sweet.
I'm set until Operation:Flashpoint and CoD:MW2.
:D

I'm hoping to be able to PM at Best Buy since I bought it last week - but they always have to call to verify that they have any, is that normal?

[quote name='Dijital']I'm hoping to be able to PM at Best Buy since I bought it last week - but they always have to call to verify that they have any, is that normal?[/QUOTE]

Yes that is fairly normal. If the store you're asking them to PM does not have a copy, then they know you can't actually get a better deal. Kind of lame but that is how it goes.

just picked my copy up, they're not marked down. just show the ad or ring it up. Think Im set for now on games till the next modern warfare rolls out.

So, just got off the phone with their website customer service, inquired as to whether price would change online. They said that their site is considered a seperate entitiy, so this deal is not available online. Bummer, I don't have any Kmart near me where I currently live, nearest one is probably like 250 miles. Jerks.

Thanks OP! Picked mine up this morning. The guys behind the counter didn't know the 360 was on sale too, so they were pretty amused when I told them it would ring up for 29.99. Cheap thrills and lulz can't be beat.

[quote name='Crono51']If you mean where it has 4 player split-screen on the same console can play with/against others, then no, CoD:WaW is not like that. Nor is CoD4. Or Gears 1/2.[/quote]

Yeah, thats what I mean. Four player split screen co-op online like Halo 3. I can't believe that they can't make all games like this. Great, I hope Halo 4 comes out soon.

Thanks for the help.

Where did you guys get the ad? My local paper didn't have it. Is it just at the front of the store?

Or did you guys just print the scan?

[quote name='Estebon']Yeah, thats what I mean. Four player split screen co-op online like Halo 3. I can't believe that they can't make all games like this. Great, I hope Halo 4 comes out soon.

Thanks for the help.[/quote]

Games like that don't exist anymore.

But Halo 3 doesn't have four-player same-screen co-op either. You can play four players on the same screen, but only when you fight each other (co-op is two per screen/console).

If you're looking for four players battling it out on the same screen, I believe the Ghost Recon series is like that.

I bought this back during some BB sale at 35 I believe, and I resold it to a friend after it sat on my shelf for a month sealed. Of course, now I'm consdiering it again, but I just dont know if it'll sit there or actually be opened and played this time

thats weird i looked up the kmart ad online and in the ad it only says that the ps3 version of COD:WAW is the only one on sale for $30 dollars.

So its only PS3, if so that sucks for me.

btw the area code i typed in was 92571 to check the ad

its both, even the ps2 version, but that could be reg price for that one.

I checked 2 local kmarts to see if they had any other game deals, IE clearance. came up empty handed, but gave cag a shoutout to the cashier, he was surprised and i started giving him tips :p lol. We hunted through all the old stock to find if anything would scan up cheap.

Looks like this deal doesn't apply to Hawaii. Went to my local K-Mart, checked the ad (it wasn't in there) and made sure to get a price check at the reg for one just in case. It's a no go. :(

Picked this up today. It is both PS3 and 360. They had a sign taped to the sliding glass stating that it was $29.99 well worth it.

Bought Friday at Sears, wife played the shit out of it yesterday, price matched today for a total of $26.99 plus tax. SCHWING!

I may just be overlooking it but I don't see where it states the game is available for 360 as well. I'm on their online ad and I wanna make sure I have all my facts straight so when I PM at BB they don't give me any shit.

(I didn't read the whole thread but...)

How is this game for multiplayer? Does it have a decent following like COD4? I'm not much for single player, I would be getting it for multiplayer.

[quote name='rodeomothh']Looks like this deal doesn't apply to Hawaii. Went to my local K-Mart, checked the ad (it wasn't in there) and made sure to get a price check at the reg for one just in case. It's a no go. :([/quote]

Thanks for the heads up on this. I was just about to make a trip. Pretty lame I might add! Looks like I have even more reason to NEVER EVER step foot inside of a K Mart lol.

[quote name='oasisboy']Just buy it for 360 or ps3. The wii version scored lower on ign.com

PS3 & 360 = 9.2
Wii = 8

Same for Call of Duty 3
360 = 8.8
ps3 = 7.8
Wii = 7.7

Wii = NO HD, end of story.[/quote]

This game is actually pretty badass on the Wii. The controls are great, and it even has the online multiplayer which surprised me!

Hey, does anyone know if sears will price match with an online ad? or do I the print ad? The kmart ad wasn't in my Sunday paper (LA Times)

let's make this a little bit sweeter...

Spend $50 at Kmart between 3/10 and 4/30 get a $25 GC for Kmart from Glamour magazine

Page 145 of April's Glamour magazine (Katie Holmes-Cruise 70th anniversary cover) right hand side:

"Glamour is calling all smart shoppers. Shop March 10th-April 30th at Kmart.
Spend $50 at Kmart and mail your original receipt to Glamour.
For every $50 you spend, we'll send you a $25 Kmart gift card to use toward your next purchase"*

*While supplies last. Kmart purchases must be make during the promotion period. For every eligible receipt, you will receive a gift card for exclusive use at Kmart stores. Send your qualifying receipts along with your name, address and telephone number to:

GLAMOUR PLATINUM REWARDS
ATTN: PROMOTIONS DEPARTMENT
4 TIMES SQUARE
16TH FLOOR
NY NY 10036

Must be received by 5/13/2009. Allow 6-8 weeks for delivery of GC.

IT DOES NOT SAY ANYWHERE THAT IT IS ONLY ONE PER PERSON OR ADDRESS!!!!!

bread's done
Back