Call of Duty: World at War $29.99 @ Kmart- 3/15/09 till 3/21/09

atchisonk

CAGiversary!
Saw this in today's Kmart sale paper. It is for both the PS3 and Xbox 360 for $29.99. Prices are effective 3/15/09 till 3/21/09 as stated on back of the sale paper.

To the person who said that BB didn't want to PM, I think they screwed you over as I was able to do it at my local BB without any problems. They did call my local Kmart to verify though.

no go to BB New York. I tried to PM. The senior dont' want to honor it because when he look at Kmart Website. It's $59.99. I saw it too and it's $59.99. I really don't get it. It's advertised as 29.99 but showing up $59.99 on Kmart Web site.

[quote name='rhenzhen']no go to BB New York. I tried to PM. The senior dont' want to honor it because when he look at Kmart Website. It's $59.99. I saw it too and it's $59.99. I really don't get it. It's advertised as 29.99 but showing up $59.99 on Kmart Web site.[/quote]

Well, when the regular price drops to $30, you can... NOT buy it from that BB. :)

Picked up the last copy in Grand Rapids 68th Street Kmart for the 360.

They had multiple PS3 copies left but they were not marked for the $29.99 sale price like the 360 versions were.

Mostly only want to play online co-op and nazi zombies with a friend figure that is worth 30 dollars when I finally can get internet at my place and get on XBL ARGH !!!!

http://vanlandw.com/archives/243

Ok, ok... I'll see if my local kmart has any left.. my friends have been bugging me to pick up either COD4 or WaW. At 29.99 at least I can get $22 TIV @ GS if I don't like it.

I went to Kmart, and they told me it was online only (*bulls%$T) and would not even scan the game to confirm...so I went to BB, and they price matched :)

[quote name='watch the shadows']I went to Kmart, and they told me it was online only (*bulls%$T) and would not even scan the game to confirm...so I went to BB, and they price matched :)[/quote]

WTH? How can a company not honor a deal that is printed in their own ad? Nowhere does it say online only/only PS3/only XBOX or any of the other excuses I am reading.

No wonder no one shops there.

Went to BB to price match today & started sweating it when the manager said they would need to call Kmart to verify it was in stock (I knew they were probably out). Thanks to Kmart's crappy customer service, they couldn't get a hold of anyone, so they went ahead & price matched both copies I was buying :)

Sweet! I just picked up three copies of this game for the 360. The K-Mart in Tacoma is loaded with copies of this game for both the 360 and PS3. From what I eyeballed, this K-Mart probably had 20 copies left of this game for both consoles. Just a heads up for anyone here living in Tacoma, WA!

guess I'll call some kmarts and see if its in stock. Thought about picking it up, then thought not, tried the demo. Liked it enough to try and find it at $30.

NVM, how could I forget I got $100+ in GS credit. I'll just use cag16+edge to get it for ~$42 in credit used. So stupid of me... I'll used my credit up before I use "real" money...

Last edited by a moderator:
okay, i believe this deal is regional... i went to my local big k-mart, Metropolitan Ave, Brooklyn (together with TRU). The circular doesn't have this deal and the game is $59.99, even the clerk scanned it. He told me to check on-line...

oh yeah, they have a lot of w@w copies...

Snagged a copy a few hours ago with the store circular at Best Buy for $31 and some loose change. One of the clerks checking me out didn't notice the small print for 360 but she was pretty cute and cool about it when I corrected her so all is well. Felt even better knowing it was the last copy they had. Thanks again OP. :D

[quote name='Serpentor']okay, i believe this deal is regional... i went to my local big k-mart, Metropolitan Ave, Brooklyn (together with TRU). The circular doesn't have this deal and the game is $59.99, even the clerk scanned it. He told me to check on-line...

oh yeah, they have a lot of w@w copies...[/quote]

I just got back from the closest Kmart, near L.A., California. The guy that scanned it said it was $59.99, and i'd need to bring the newspaper to prove the deal was going on....sigh. I don't have the paper though, and I doubt they'd accept just a printed from the online site.

Thanks for the heads up OP. There are no Kmarts at all near me so i had a friend who works out of town pick me up a copy :bouncy:

I went to the only local K-Mart tonite and all 360 copies were sold out. Sears will price match K-Mart but only with a printed copy of the ad to turn in with the in store register and stupid me, I didn't have a printed copy of the sale ad and the K-Mart website doesn't list the sale price anymore. Hopefully, I can pick up a copy of the ad tomorrow at k-Mart then head to sears again.

Just picked this up for $30 no issues and clearly marked (with plenty of copies left in stock) at a 24 hour K-Mart in Tinley Park, IL (20 miles south of Chicago). Super deal, even for someone who casually plays COD!

went to k-mart & managed to score a copy of the ad to price match at bb for a ps3 & xb copy tomorrow(one for me/one for my cousin) & if they dont have any left i saw k-mart had one 360 copy left & like 4 ps3 versions.

we went and got 2 more ps3 versions to make our total of 4 copies at our kmart again last night and I finally kept one for us but I really dont know of to many people on ps3 playing it so if you do play on ps3 add us ps3 name is off to the side, thanks!

No more K-Mart deals for me. All my local K-Marts are closing so no ads are being honored and ALL sales are final. First we loose CC and now K-Mart. I've only got BB, Target and Wal-Mart for BM deals near me now.

My K-mart is still alive. Unfortunately, I haven't really taken advantage of their deals since there's are only some that I like.

I got one of the last two copies at Sears after stopping by K-Mart and grabbing one of their "Dollar days" booklets.
Sears price matched and took another 10% of the difference off so my total after tax was $28 and change.

I picked this up at the Hales Corners, Wisconsin store this afternoon. There were a few copies left. Thanks for the post, the game is well worth $30!

So as a CAG in Atlanta, I sent my brother to the only K-mart I know of, the one on Buford Hwy., to pick it up. He was told that that K-mart didn't honor the nation ads in the paper (WTF, right?) but they'd do it anyway after my brother started talking about talking to the manager and then someone at corporate. Unfortunately, the person that was "helping" him gave him Modern Combat, not World at War, and when he realized he had the wrong one, they had already sold the last one. Her reason for giving him MC instead of WaW? Because she thought he wanted the newest version of the game and she thought MC had to be newer then WaW because it had 'Modern' in the title. True fucking story! :bomb:

So I took a long shot, printed out the ad and went to the BB over on Piedmont to get them to price match. Believe it or not, the guy there tried to give me Modern Combat as well, but I made sure he got me World at War. The cashier price matched without a hitch, which surprised me because I thought they were supposed to call a store and ask did they have the product in stock, which I knew they didn't. Ah well, lucky day for me...:twisted:

Didn't have time to run to Kmart today, and I've been back and forth on this all week. I finally decided to print off the ad and try price-matching at Wal-mart (because BB is too far away and I'm lazy) and they took it, after a CSM override. Thanks OP.

Hey I got one copy of the xbox 360 version and one copy of the ps3 version, willing to sell to any fellow CAGers that missed out on this deal for 40 dollars shipped...PM me if interested

Picked up a copy on Friday and they had about 5 copies left. Decided to go back last night and picked up the last 360 copy they had, I'll either give it to a friend or sell it off.

bread's done
Back