Call of Duty World @ War (360) 17.99 used with Edge card @ Gamestop

mitch079

CAGiversary!
19.99 - 2.00 (10%) when I went to one today and traded in some games on the $20 promo so I picked up a copy. Same price online but currently OOS. No love for the PS3 on this one (34.99 used).

Kind of a meh game to me, but HOT price! That being said, I am gonna go pick one up; I need one to put back into my CE packaging for my library (traded the game by itself months ago).

This game is a pain to beat on Veteran your teammates just stand around while you get shot and the enemy just seems have a unlimited amount of grenades.

[quote name='Shimrra']This game is a pain to beat on Veteran your teammates just stand around while you get shot and the enemy just seems have a unlimited amount of grenades.[/QUOTE]

Word, word. It's the hardest CoD on veteran IMO. I hadn't thrown a controller since I was a kid until I played that game on Vet. I beat it eventually but my 360 controller was KIA. Loved the single player, multiplayer was meh.

Its probably dead, but I loved the multiplayer. Getting quick kill-streaks with a bolt-action is incredibly rewarding, takes a lot of skill.

Still very active online as I said in another thread, but be warned you will get booted sometimes and your screen popping up to buy the map packs if you don't have all of them. BUY EM OR ELSE YOU WILL BE VERY ANNOYED! :p

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Does Nazi Zombies come with the game or do you have to buy the maps for it?[/QUOTE]

Its not EA so its built in...but like anything there are extra Maps for it..

Thanks to all, bit at 17.99, found a copy with manual, had to ask for another disc though since first was scratched/rebuffed, but the second one was like new and the guy didn't make too big of a fuss about it.

Are they doing anymore Nazi Zombies maps? I really liked Der Reise but I cracked my disc and have been thinking about getting another copy of the game.

[quote name='Nintendokid54']Damn... i shouldv'e bite on the deal where the map packs where $5 each... any one think they will have a GOTY edition with all the map packs?[/QUOTE]
It wasn't GOTY. If they would have made a special-er edition, they would have a long time ago.

[quote name='GTZ_NSR']Word, word. It's the hardest CoD on veteran IMO. I hadn't thrown a controller since I was a kid until I played that game on Vet. I beat it eventually but my 360 controller was KIA. Loved the single player, multiplayer was meh.[/QUOTE]

I'd vote for COD 3 as the toughest on Veteran, myself. The checkpoints in that game are insane.

I really enjoyed COD WaW. The flamethrower alone makes it worth it, IMO.

Still need this simply because it has online campaign co-op... something that MW2 stupidly lacked. (Yes, it has "Spec Ops", and I just got done playing it for several hours w/ a friend online, but it's not the same.)

[quote name='emperordahc']Still need this simply because it has online campaign co-op... something that MW2 stupidly lacked. (Yes, it has "Spec Ops", and I just got done playing it for several hours w/ a friend online, but it's not the same.)[/QUOTE]

I was worried about the same thing, but with Spec Ops we have a unique thing. After all, you're just playing chopped up scenes from the campaign, so to say this isn't "campaign co-op" is a little bit misleading. Sure it doesn't follow a congruent story line, but the fact that it is in bits and pieces, makes it more enjoyable to play for longer periods of time. The games load fast and to pretty much switch your mission on the fly and try to get more starz, makes it very fun and inherently has that 'campaign co-op' feeling :)

glad to see this game for >$20 finally, anything over that is crazy. You're gonna spend so much on the map packs anyway..

Picked it up at my local GS for $18. Maybe someone else can shed light on this, b/c I've never used credit on an Edge card to buy a game (I only have credit now b/c of their 2 recent promos for trade-ins). I had $17.99 taken off my card.

So....Why wasn't I charged tax for the game? Is it not considered a "sale" for tax purposes b/c I didn't pay any money? That doesn't seem to make sense, though, b/c I've used gift cards before and I'm pretty sure tax was charged there...any ideas?

[quote name='csmason1']Picked it up at my local GS for $18. Maybe someone else can shed light on this, b/c I've never used credit on an Edge card to buy a game (I only have credit now b/c of their 2 recent promos for trade-ins). I had $17.99 taken off my card.

So....Why wasn't I charged tax for the game? Is it not considered a "sale" for tax purposes b/c I didn't pay any money? That doesn't seem to make sense, though, b/c I've used gift cards before and I'm pretty sure tax was charged there...any ideas?[/QUOTE]

Depending on your state, and this doesn't apply to me, but Gamestop doesn't charge tax when using store credit, which is different than gift cards.

[quote name='azngtlman']Depending on your state, and this doesn't apply to me, but Gamestop doesn't charge tax when using store credit, which is different than gift cards.[/QUOTE]

VA is like that. I paid no tax on a PS3 slim when buying it with credit on an Edge card... Which was a nice surprise, since it would have been $15...

I dont usually buy used games and rarely go to gamestop but I want to play this and not pay the outrageous $50 at other places. Are gamestop's used 360 games in good condition usually?

[quote name='neotheone007']I dont usually buy used games and rarely go to gamestop but I want to play this and not pay the outrageous $50 at other places. Are gamestop's used 360 games in good condition usually?[/QUOTE]

They are guaranteed to work and usually in decent condition. You can take the game back within 30 days if you do happen to have a problem.

Saw this and was bummed it wasn't for the PS3, I had it for the 360 when it came out and regretted ever trading it in. Oh well I just bought a PS3 copy from gamefly using the $5 I had in rewards and got it for a couple of bucks more. This and Modern Warfare 2 should keep me happy until the rumored Vietnam that should be this years installment.

bread's done
Back