calling all collectors

voltagejim

CAG Veteran
I just purchased a copy of X-wing collectors edition which was advertised as brand new factory sealed, for $40 off half.com

well it came in the mail, and it was indeed sealed, but everything sounded loose in the box, and the back of the box was upside down. So my question to anyone that does game collecting is that do you think it could have been a used copy and the person just took it to some place to seal it in the plastic wrap? Is there any way to tell without unwrapping it?

Only way I can think of is try to find out how the factory sealed it's games. Or perhaps ask someone on ebay with a sealed one to send you pictures of the back to see if they were indeed printed upside-down.

As for the "things sounding loose", if it's the kind of box I'm thinking of (where it opens by sliding the front off the back instead of the flaps on the top/bottom, mainly done for "Gold" edition or re-releases), most of those kind of games were loose new. I bought a lot of those in the 90s and they all were just a jewel case and a small manual in the case, they didn't have any inside cardboard inside to hold anything in place like the big boxed games did.

The back being upside down is suspicious though... I don't remember buying any games that were like that, but it was a long time ago, so I can't be 100% sure.

well this is the big box version, and it looks like it would open by just taking the front off of it. kinda like opening a shoebox

bread's done
Back