Calling on Fellow CAGers, need a socket 939 mobo

mercilessming

CAGiversary!
Feedback
30 (100%)
I need a working socket 939 pin motherboard...for around 30$ shipped, not many online stores sell them or sell them for such a high price I could just replace the customers mobo/cpu for less with a lowend mobo/cpu combo.

30 isn't low, considering it's old tech. depending on the board.

old 939 pin boards, any that were not Asus and MSI, where easily 40-50 new.

The hardest thing is finding them, and if you're basing the price on that, I'd tell the OP to keep looking.

[quote name='xycury']30 isn't low, considering it's old tech. depending on the board.

old 939 pin boards, any that were not Asus and MSI, where easily 40-50 new.

The hardest thing is finding them, and if you're basing the price on that, I'd tell the OP to keep looking.[/quote]

Yeah I don't need any High End, this is just an office machine....repair/build.. so SLI etc.. would be a waste hence why I think 30$ shipped is a good deal, for 39.99 I can get a 754 sempron 3000+ with mobo (for a office/xp machine) but I have all the parts minus a mobo for an AMD 64bit 939 proc based repair and would to not do the slight downgrade it would be to go the sempron 3000+ route. Yeah finding anything 939 pin that isn't an ASUS/MSI SLI high performance 100+ mobo is hard.

Last edited by a moderator:
$30 is low because socket 939 has been out of production for 1-2 years now. Once you can't buy new anymore old tech goes up in value

[quote name='n25philly']$30 is low because socket 939 has been out of production for 1-2 years now. Once you can't buy new anymore old tech goes up in value[/quote]

Indeed I would agree with you, but picking up a old ECS or Asrock board shouldn't really be that much because the price itself was cheap to begin with.

I would say no more than $40.... and if you can't find one... I would skip 939 and go AM2 board because those are cheap too.

It's a bit silly but because everyone just dumps inventory, it becomes sarce and it's stupid because there are plenty of it if you look. Simply because one says it's difficult to find doesn't mean you charge 75-100 when it's well not worth that much.

I would try Ebay, mwave.com and directron.com

They might have some older stuff.. usually do.

[quote name='mercilessming']Yeah I don't need any High End, this is just an office machine....repair/build.. so SLI etc.. would be a waste hence why I think 30$ shipped is a good deal, for 39.99 I can get a 754 sempron 3000+ with mobo (for a office/xp machine) but I have all the parts minus a mobo for an AMD 64bit 939 proc based repair and would to not do the slight downgrade it would be to go the sempron 3000+ route. Yeah finding anything 939 pin that isn't an ASUS/MSI SLI high performance 100+ mobo is hard.[/quote]

Sometimes you can find a Foxconn for that price range, one of my friends did about 2 months ago. Just a quick look found: http://txmicro.com/Foxconn-NF4K8MC-RS-NVIDIA-nForce4-Socket-939-mATX-MB-w-LAN-p-4046.html

43.99 with free shipping. A bit higher than $30, but its getting closer :)

[quote name='xycury']I would say no more than $40.... and if you can't find one... I would skip 939 and go AM2 board because those are cheap too.[/quote]

Then he'd have to get a new CPU and DDR2 ram, so that's a bit more of an investment.

It is odd, 939 and 754 were out there aplenty, now they're a bit harder to find. (I myself have a Sempron 3100+ Socket 754 just sitting around, but I can't see spending 40-50 bucks on a motherboard and then buying more DDR ram)

I've been through this with certain older AMD boards...they get hard to find and people start paying silly prices to replace them. At some point it's actually easier and cheaper just to upgrade to something current and common.

[quote name='Richard Longfellow']I've been through this with certain older AMD boards...they get hard to find and people start paying silly prices to replace them. At some point it's actually easier and cheaper just to upgrade to something current and common.[/quote]

I already have a quad core am2+ with 8 gigs of ram, I am just trying to revive some old hardware laying around to sell off as office machines...

bread's done
Back