Camouflage Dualshock3 (other colors too)+ 160gb PS3 $249.99

nycwolf55

CAG Veteran
I know this is posted in the Sunday ads thread, but just confirmed that you can get any available dual shock with the purchase of 160 gb ps3 at Target. They had red, black, blue, pink and camo at my location. This is now my fourth PS3, one for each bedroom and one for my livingroom, (EDIT: one of best bluray+Netflix player out), due to its automatic updates. My original Phat 60gb Ylod but I was able to get all my saves and important family videos off it after I did the hairdryer trick and uploaded saves to cloud with PS+.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='TooPoor']1 for each bedroom? Damn, I don't even have half of your bedrooms, nor your PS3s[/QUOTE]

Haha you too will get there someday, with a bit of hard work and sacrifice, I remember back in 1995 when I was fifteen I got my first job working at McDonalds so I could buy the original Playstation, cuz I already had an Imported Dragonball Z game for it "Ultimate Battle 22".

Btw one of my PS3 was $199 Holiday bundle, best deal ever. I support Sony cuz they fixed my 320gb move bundle PS3 for free after I thought the disk drive went during its first year still under warranty. When my Ps3 was sent back, it was returned with a coaster my 2 year old had inserted fully into the disk drive, go figure.

[quote name='nycwolf55']I know this is posted in the Sunday ads thread, but just confirmed that you can get any available dual shock with the purchase of 160 gb ps3 at Target. They had red, black, blue, pink and camo at my location. This is now my fourth PS3, one for each bedroom and one for my livingro, best bluray+Netflix player out, due to its automatic updates. My original Phat 60gb Ylod but I was able to get all my saves and important family videos off it after I did the hairdryer trick and uploaded saves to cloud with PS+.[/QUOTE]

The PS3 isn't even close to the best Blu Ray player out there anymore. In fact, it's not even as good as many Sony players anymore.

:cool: cool. If I had a fourth bedroom to put one in, I'd buy a fourth ps3 to put in there...hmmm...maybe I should have a fourth bedroom built so I could do it...;)

[quote name='bojay1997']The PS3 isn't even close to the best Blu Ray player out there anymore. In fact, it's not even as good as many Sony players anymore.[/QUOTE]

Agreed, this was a valid claim 2-3 years ago when most blu-ray players were well over $200, but at this point, you can find many quality blu-ray players for well under $99, many of which feature wi-fi and netflix streaming, and run a lot cooler (and use less electricity) than the PS3. Not to say the PS3 isn't a quality device and a good deal at $249, but to claim it's still the best blu-ray player on the market in 2012 is just bunk.

Well admittedly I haven't researched too much into bluray players, I too thought getting another PS3 was excessive so I was looking at $99 Samsung and Sony ones, but they all got bad user reviews about not being able to play newer bluray disc, and that they were wifi ready not built in, so I thought if I have to spend more than 100 bucks on a player, I might as well just get the ps3 again if I could get it new for $199, but this is the closest deal to that black Friday deal since, well black Friday. Did I need seventh dual shock 3? No, but I always was looking for an excuse to get the camo one, plus 1 of those seven doesn't take a charge anymore, and the kids have dropped 2 of the other controllers so much that buttons and sticks don't always function 100%, so it's good to have extras for the future, might sell the defective ones to Crookstop.

[quote name='nycwolf55']Well admittedly I haven't researched too much into bluray players, I too thought getting another PS3 was excessive so I was looking at $99 Samsung and Sony ones, but they all got bad user reviews about not being able to play newer bluray disc, and that they were wifi ready not built in, so I thought if I have to spend more than 100 bucks on a player, I might as well just get the ps3 again if I could get it new for $199, but this is the closest deal to that black Friday deal since, well black Friday. Did I need seventh dual shock 3? No, but I always was looking for an excuse to get the camo one, plus 1 of those seven doesn't take a charge anymore, and the kids have dropped 2 of the other controllers so much that buttons and sticks don't always function 100%, so it's good to have extras for the future, might sell the defective ones to Crookstop.[/QUOTE]

you're a crook for wanting to even do that to 'crookstop' =/

Oh they have shorted me in the pass, it's not my fault if their checking of accessories amounts to just turning a controller on, they need to do more thorough testing, or eat the loses, they chose the later. (I will have my revenge!!, maybe?!)

If you have the Target red card, you can knock off another 5% right on the spot. It's not a bad promo, but with Vita in the corner, I don't think I want to get a third PS3.

[quote name='morrodox']I had a camouflage controller once. But now I can't find it.[/QUOTE]

Same thing happened to me. I was playing out in the woods at camp in my tree stand and dropped it.

:)

Would you guys say that its a bad time to buy a ps3?
I've been on the fence for a while now and I already have a xbox 360.

But I'm hesitant because I bought an XBOX only to have the 360 come out the next year. Needless to say I felt screwed.

If they do release a PS3 it won't be till 2013 at the earliest. Maybe not even till 2014. I guess Sony will live up to it's word of a ten year lifecycle if not more when the PS3 becomes the bargain system like the PS1 and PS2 did.

[quote name='astr0boy']Would you guys say that its a bad time to buy a ps3?
I've been on the fence for a while now and I already have a xbox 360.

But I'm hesitant because I bought an XBOX only to have the 360 come out the next year. Needless to say I felt screwed.[/QUOTE]

Earliest PS4 is coming out is November of 2013, I would say cuz no announcement at this years' E3. So you have to wait till 2013 E3 announcement, so plenty of time to play all the exclusives (and New IP's like The Last of Us). And this is the best deal for now. At e3 this year the best we could hope for is 250gb ps3 for $199, but second controller in this deal kinda evens that out.

PS3 is not a great Netflix player at all. It's too slow and the GUI is kinda lame. Xbox is a better Netflix player. But I think my iPad 2 is the best netflix player lol.

I know the hard drives are user replaceable but is it limited in size? I know with my 360 even if you pop in a 1tb hard drive the maximum it will recognize is 320 (as that is the largest hard drive available retail)

If I put in 750 gb in the ps3 is all of it serviceable? Also if I install games do I still have to use the bluray disc?

bread's done
Back