Camping out on Black Friday

Romial

CAGiversary!
Anyone plan on camping out this year for any of the deals?

I actually may be thinking of camping out at Toys R Us so I can get the PS3 bundle they have there. Friend of mine at work says they are getting 6 of the bundles in and that's it. I hope 7pm would be early enough for their 9pm opening...

No. I don't understand anyone that does, either. Almost all of the deals are available on the company's own website, and Amazon is matching a ton of stuff.

I've worked for a company that only got six of an item that was for sale for Black Friday.. it wasn't pretty and I don't want to ever go through that again. People are scary on Black Friday. Screw camping out.

IMHO, Retailers should ban those fucks from setting up tents. Who the fuck needs to set up a 10foot by 10 foot tent for only 2 people? There are already aholes camping out a near by best buy right now....

[quote name='ITDEFX']IMHO, Retailers should ban those fucks from setting up tents. Who the fuck needs to set up a 10foot by 10 foot tent for only 2 people? There are already aholes camping out a near by best buy right now....[/QUOTE]

Maybe Occupy protestors are occupying the BF lines. Then they'll grab doorbusters but not check out and hold them for hours, disrupting the BF corporate greed, or some shit.

[quote name='ITDEFX']IMHO, Retailers should ban those fucks from setting up tents. Who the fuck needs to set up a 10foot by 10 foot tent for only 2 people? There are already aholes camping out a near by best buy right now....[/QUOTE]

Eh, it helps create the image that BB is the place for deals this holiday season. Every local and national news story about the idiots camped in front of BB for a crappy TV is free advertising worth way more than the loss they take on the actual unit.

I was going to camp out at Best Buy for the 42" Vizio HDTV, but I know a guy who works there and he said they are only getting 10-15 of them and people will probably started camping yesterdya. No thank you. My time is more valuable than a $200 TV, no matter how good of a deal it is.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll be camping in front of my computer, I'll be sure to "pitch a tent" before I plant myself in my chair.

[quote name='kodave']Maybe Occupy protestors are occupying the BF lines. Then they'll grab doorbusters but not check out and hold them for hours, disrupting the BF corporate greed, or some shit.[/QUOTE]

Maybe not. But nice try at derailing the thread. :roll:

I hope my plan works. I wanted that Asus Transformer tablet that BB has for $250 on BF. They still had them up for order, so I ordered one yesterday for in store pickup. Well they have a price match guarantee for stuff, if they have it for less within the return period they'll give you the differnece back. Says for in-store pickup orders they'll do it right when you pick it up. So when I go to pick it up Friday, hopefully, I'll get it for the $250.

I did this last year at Target without any trouble. If they do try to argue I'll just show them their own store policy.

So I guess this year's idea for campers with tents is to set up your big ass 32 inch SD tv and play video games on it all night. Ummm ok......

There is already 200+ people in line.

I'll go around 2am to see what's left...hopefully I can still get my Machete! :p

[quote name='Clak']I hope my plan works. I wanted that Asus Transformer tablet that BB has for $250 on BF. They still had them up for order, so I ordered one yesterday for in store pickup. Well they have a price match guarantee for stuff, if they have it for less within the return period they'll give you the differnece back. Says for in-store pickup orders they'll do it right when you pick it up. So when I go to pick it up Friday, hopefully, I'll get it for the $250.

I did this last year at Target without any trouble. If they do try to argue I'll just show them their own store policy.[/QUOTE]

I haven't trusted BB in store pickup since they confirmed my copy of the dark knight with statue was ready for pickup and when I spent my whole lunch break waiting in line to.get it, they didn't have it and had no response other than i guess its not here, oh well.

Actually, my local BB set up the tent themselves. Some stores now let people wait inside, so they don't pile up against the doors like a scene out of Dawn of the fucking Dead.

I went in at 2:30 and was out by 3:00am. Got everything I wanted, including Machete! As an added bonus, picked up the Muppets score for cheap as well! :)

Gamestop was a 4 manned store ghost town lol.. They looked at me funny walking in at 3:15 am looking for some Duke 360 :p

At my local BB it sucks cause there is this huge charity that that brings people in like a week and a half early. They buy just about all the ticket items and just give it to charity and never leave anything for people in line.

[quote name='packerfan10']At my local BB it sucks cause there is this huge charity that that brings people in like a week and a half early. They buy just about all the ticket items and just give it to charity and never leave anything for people in line.[/QUOTE]

Is it the Human Fund?

All things considered, Charities are suppose to be a good thing, not a "Screw you, your not gonna get this item.."

bread's done
Back