Campus Tech Store Finds

NoobHammer

CAGiversary!
Feedback
50 (100%)
So at my school, like many universities I'm sure, there's a tech store run by the University Bookstore or a similar marketing entity. In any case, whilst on my way home from Gamestop (Star Wars TFU 38.xx w/ coupon:D) I decided to stop and peruse the wares.

I find an entire glass case on the side with brand new video games sitting side by side so the price tags can't be read. Only the newer PS3 and 360 games were facing front and could be seen. In an case I wasn't hopeful because Assassin's Creed for the 360 was still marked 60 bucks on the case but I asked to look at the original Xbox games anyway. To my surprise...$5 apiece.

So I picked up sealed and brand new

Mortal Kombat Armageddon
Fable
Jade Empire

Passed on a bunch of sports games and many other decent titles as well as a bunch of PS2 games for $10 apiece. Nothing notable except Dragon Quest VIII that came bundled with the strategy guide. I may have to return for that.

Anyway, I was happy:D

Nice. Our school bookstore only has a couple of 360 games hidden somewhere and those shitty knockoff Wii accessories. XP

Best thing I ever found in there was the complete Office 2003 suite for $20 a few months ago (I'd rather chew my own arm than use Office 2007).

yeah they cleared our the old MS Office stuff at the beginning of the year. If I didn't already have 03 AND broke at the time, I would of picked up a copy of it for 25 I think. Not too bad.

That sealed Fable might become worth quite a bit of money once Fable 2 comes out. It's unlikely as the game sold but you never know. A sealed, original copy would probably be wanted by somebody with lots of money I'd bet.

[quote name='Vinny']That sealed Fable might become worth quite a bit of money once Fable 2 comes out. It's unlikely as the game sold but you never know. A sealed, original copy would probably be wanted by somebody with lots of money I'd bet.[/quote]

I don't think so....

I just picked up Fable: Lost Chapters from best buy for $10 recently..

[quote name='Penguin1084']I don't think so....

I just picked up Fable: Lost Chapters from best buy for $10 recently..[/QUOTE]

Oh yeah, I forgot the game got a 2nd release.

Yeah it's probably not worth much more than I paid, but it's a cool collecter's point for me. I snagged the Lost Chapters off Craigslist sealed awhile back for 10 so this is just for the sealed Fable collection hehe.

Sounds like a good idea checking those for games.

I go to high school a few blocks from the university, so why not?

Do you need a school ID or anything to buy from them?

No, it's a public store, just selling a ton of university crap. This one is seperate from the main book store so you may have to look a bit for the right place. There are actually 2 tech stores on my campus and am looking to hitting the other place soon. Maybe find a Ninja Gaiden Black sealed....

My University bookstore doesnt have much in the game section, but, we have super cheap anime dvd markdowns. A 19.99 title can go down to less than 2, but its usually taken by then. I wish the games would get marked down like the dvds though, many titles still full price after all these years.

I haven't found anything too special at the UW bookstore, except a Wii last year right before Christmas. Ebgames usually never has anything either...people are quick here, I guess.

bread's done
Back