Can 1080p capable games be displayd on 780p?

magnawiz

CAGiversary!
I don't have a 1080 but i have 780 42".

Also, is it a general rule for plasma TVs that you shouldn't leave an still image on the screen for too long?

Sure can- Your source (console or PC) will determine the final output, and the settings must match the TV resolution. Use the video output settings in the menu on your 360 or PS3 and the proper cable to set 480 (yellow cable) 720, or 1080 (component cable RGB, HDMI) .

* note that the source material will have to support 1080P to get TRUE 1080P output. Almost ALL games released to date are 720P. No worries as the console will "upscale" if you have the setting to 1080P

I have 1080i upscaled from 720p source and it looks fantastic (it would look about 10% cleaner if I had true 1080P)

Burn in has not been an issue on Plasma's for the last several years with a decent brand TV.

Check sources www.dl.tv

Oh cool. Thanks!

What about the thing about leaving a still image on the Plasma screen for too long? Like if I leave on the internet browser on my PS3 for too long, the image will be burned onto the plasma screen? :(

[quote name='Puffa469']And those are?[/quote]

For the 360:
Street Home Court
Virtua Tennis 3

For the PS3:
All Pro Football 2K7
Blast Factor
Calling All Cars
College Hoops 2K7
The Darkness
Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer
flOw
Full Auto 2 Battlelines
Harry Potter
Marvel Ultimate Alliance
MLB The Show
NBA ‘07
NBA 2K7
Ninja Gaiden
Pirates of the Carribean
Piyotama
Street Home Court
Super Stardust HD
Transformers The Movie
Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection
Virtua Tennis 3

[quote name='PenguinMaster']What are those other 32 games on the 360 list? All 360 games can be played at 1080p (unlike PS3) so what's the difference between those 32 games and every other 360 game other than NBA Street and Virtua Tennis?[/quote]

- [native 1080p] There seems to be some a lot of confusion, misinformation and controversy around whether or not the box title listing 1080p means “native” or simply indicates upconverted on the Xbox 360. I’ve put the confirmed by third party services games in green brackets (two as of 7/29/07) and will continue to update other titles when I learn more.
It seems that they say that they can be played in 1080p on the back of the box, but nobody knows if that's natively or just by upscaling.

bread's done
Back