[CAN] $75 DS Lite at Zellers?

[quote name='Firestorm']Only that one location it seems.[/QUOTE]

Actually, I saw them for $75 in Guelph yesterday too... they also had silver PS2s (looked like two different packages, but both with silver consoles) for $50!

I don't know the logic behind which stores are running this sale, but it's worth checking to see if yours is.

Seems like a sporadic deal according to the post, a few places here and there have it, most don't. I called two locations nearby and they quoted regular price. That is, unless they are typical retail drones and can't be bothered to check accurately, but I can't be bothered driving over to check either... so a heavy YMMV.

[quote name='doctor_payne13']Actually, I saw them for $75 in Guelph yesterday too... they also had silver PS2s (looked like two different packages, but both with silver consoles) for $50! [/QUOTE]

Wow, sweet price for a silver PS2!

If I didn't have a fatty PS2 that refuses to die, I'd definitely grab a silver PS2 slim.

Question tho, are controllers part of whatever that is as well?

[quote name='poiuiu']If I didn't have a fatty PS2 that refuses to die, I'd definitely grab a silver PS2 slim.

Question tho, are controllers part of whatever that is as well?[/QUOTE]

Silver bundle comes with a silver controller

[quote name='Cthulhu8u']Silver bundle comes with a silver controller[/QUOTE]

Controller deals that AREN'T prebundled with a console or anything else. >:p

found out about this thread, then heard about it from a friend. Went to tillicum this morning , and thankfully there were a couple ps2 slims left. 79001 model too yay. The cashier said apparently it was a markdown that was on the internet, and that other stores should have known about it.

Unable to softmod I believe. My friend's been looking for a moddable PS2 to play his import fighting games on... his old one is dying.

[quote name='Firestorm']Unable to softmod I believe. My friend's been looking for a moddable PS2 to play his import fighting games on... his old one is dying.[/QUOTE]

Actually, it is softmoddable. I was experimenting with my 79001 yesterday. The problem is that the USB ports on this new model were reworked so that very few USB mass storage devices work. I've tried my PSP, a memory stick adapter and a kingston SD card adapter. One way around it is to use a phat PS2 to copy over the save files before loading it on the slim. Personally I just blocked the sensors and used my existing swap magic discs.

[quote name='MrGone']Any significant changes to the 79001 over the 77001 and 75001 models?[/QUOTE]

While I can't tell you which model numbers they are, but the biggest difference between the first slims and the latter slims is the former has an external power source, like the GC, Wii, and 360. The power brick of the newest slims are internal.

Guts-wise, I have no clue.

Ahh, that's something. I've got one of the older slims with the external power supply. Amazing they managed to cram that into the unit itself :)

At $50 it might be worth looking into another, there are a few Japanese games that I've been itching to import for a while and that kind of money doesn't feel like a huge loss if something goes terribly wrong with a mod.

bread's done
Back