Can anyone here install an afterburner?

I've done the operation myself but since I no longer have access to a dremel I'd have to decline.

Oh, and this is in the wrong forum. Sorry but I gotta move it.

[quote name='daphatty']I've done the operation myself but since I no longer have access to a dremel I'd have to decline.

Oh, and this is in the wrong forum. Sorry but I gotta move it.[/quote]

How did yours come out? Was it a pain to do? I thought it was the right forum as I was looking to trade for the service.

Installation took me about 5 hours, mainly because I was being REALLY cautious. Even then I managed to lose the little plastic light cover that goes over the green/red LED on the GBA. I also had never soldered anything in my life and it took me quite a few tries to solder one of the cables to the GBA circuit board. The contacts on the board are tiny. That presented quite a challenge for a first time solderer. The plastic cutting part was easy once I got my hands on a dremel.

I'd recommend buying one of the pre-cut GBA face plates if Lik-Sang still offers them.

Check around your area for independent game stores. They often install console mods as a side business for a reasonable fee. The big advantage here is that they back up their work. If they break it, they replace it.

Much of the time these same places will offer you a trade-in for an already modified unit so you don;t have to wait.

I did mine and it turned out horribly. I also had a lot of experience with soldering stuff and was very careful but I think it was too difficult to be worth it. I also reccomend getting a custom faceplate. It'd make it much easier.

Not really sure I want to do it myself. I own an SP but I would also like a Afterburner GBA...mainly for the Street Fighter games. They are a bit easier to play on the original GBA. Does anyone know of a place online that still installs them?

[quote name='jkam']Not really sure I want to do it myself. I own an SP but I would also like a Afterburner GBA...mainly for the Street Fighter games. They are a bit easier to play on the original GBA. Does anyone know of a place online that still installs them?[/quote]

I came across this:
http://www.ascully.com/modules.php?name=Reviews&rop=showcontent&id=215

The site itself seems to specialize in supplies for conspiracy freaks who do a lot of auctions.

Thanks for the google links...but I was basically asking if anyone knew of a reputable place to do it that they dealt with. I tried yourhappyplace.com a few days ago via e-mail and no response yet.

bread's done
Back