Can anyone provide me with insight on PS3 repair warranty?

PhiLeingFunkie

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
My situation in a nutshell: After a thunderstorm the PS3 (40GB old model) stopped recognizing HDMI at all. I sent it in for $100 repair and it was returned to me with a 90 day warranty.

My current situation.
The system was sent back, worked for the first few nights and now produces no video output whatsoever. No controller synchs to it, and I have done every system reset and troubleshoot available.

If I were to use my 90 day warranty, would I receive a new warranty afterwards? I ask because I feel a little duped after waiting 2 weeks for the system only to have it function even less than when I had sent it in.

Thanks for any opinions or experiences provided!

Well was the ps3 hooked up to any sort of power strip when the storm came through? Regardless I dont think you will get any sort of warranty with other repair?

I'm not sure, just tell Sony that it works even worse now, try and make them send you a new ps3 if possible. It will be unlikely but that's all you can really do.

[quote name='kube00']Well was the ps3 hooked up to any sort of power strip when the storm came through? Regardless I dont think you will get any sort of warranty with other repair?[/QUOTE]

Yes it was. It was disclosed when I sent it in to sony for the initial repair. During the process they told me that it would be repaired to factory standards or that I would be sent a refurbished system.

My main concern currently is receiving a new warranty after using my current 90 day one on a faulty system that was sent back to me.

thanks again for the replies, guys. Im just more than a little irritated at the moment.

I'm pretty sure it'll come back with another 90 day warranty, not that it will be much comfort since it broke down within a couple of weeks of a repair already. If I remember correctly, the wording was you'll get either a new 90 day warranty with repair or the remainder of the one year warranty, whichever is longer.

[quote name='Thongsy']I'm pretty sure it'll come back with another 90 day warranty, not that it will be much comfort since it broke down within a couple of weeks of a repair already. If I remember correctly, the wording was you'll get either a new 90 day warranty with repair or the remainder of the one year warranty, whichever is longer.[/QUOTE]

That sounds the most logical, actually. Thanks for your input.

bread's done
Back