Can anyone recommend a cheap 360 game?

V4oLDbOY

CAGiversary!
Feedback
93 (100%)
I should be getting my 360 in a few days, amazon. And was wondering if anyone can recommend a cheap game to keep me busy until GTAIV. Not a crappy game, but a game that is on sale/discount. I'll keep sifting though the deals on cag, but if anyone had some recommendations that would be great too.

Also I pre-ordered GTAIV for the ps3, but should I change that to the 360. I mean is the dlc going to be that big of a deal. And I probably wont even finish the game, but the option to add content is always nice... If I did I would just do it when I pick it up that day...

Overlord or Flatout Ultimate Carnage, both are great, and Saints Row!! All are $20 now.......they say the first DL content for GTA is going to add nearly 10 hours of GP to the game......go with the 360 version........

[quote name='CrimsonPaw']I would highly recommend Oblivion, for ~$20 you will get 100+ hours out of it easily.[/QUOTE]

If I was going to get oblivion, Id rather get it for the ps3 as I've heard that it is an improvement.

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']I should be getting my 360 in a few days, amazon. And was wondering if anyone can recommend a cheap game to keep me busy until GTAIV. Not a crappy game, but a game that is on sale/discount. I'll keep sifting though the deals on cag, but if anyone had some recommendations that would be great too.

Also I pre-ordered GTAIV for the ps3, but should I change that to the 360. I mean is the dlc going to be that big of a deal. And I probably wont even finish the game, but the option to add content is always nice... If I did I would just do it when I pick it up that day...[/quote]

well let me ask you this would you rather go
"Great i got the 360 version but the DLC sucks an doesnt interest me, all well"
or
"Great i got the PS3 version and the DLC looks awesome and i want it so back, but of course i can't get it"

I say definitely go for the 360.

GTA is out in less then a month so i think you shouldnt get any game that will take awhile to beat.
get something with quick action and good multiplayer in case you get bored with SP.
So get Gears of war, halo3, or COD4 for the ultimate SP and MP.
You can get these for fairly cheap used, or COD4 new for 40$ on amazon right now.

[quote name='supraazn']well let me ask you this would you rather go
"Great i got the 360 version but the DLC sucks an doesnt interest me, all well"
or
"Great i got the PS3 version and the DLC looks awesome and i want it so back, but of course i can't get it"

I say definitely go for the 360.

GTA is out in less then a month so i think you shouldnt get any game that will take awhile to beat.
get something with quick action and good multiplayer in case you get bored with SP.
So get Gears of war, halo3, or COD4 for the ultimate SP and MP.
You can get these for fairly cheap used, or COD4 new for 40$ on amazon right now.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I think I will trade in my crap ps2 games laying around and pick up either Gears of War or Halo 3 today... I gotta mail some stuff so i'll be right next to gamestop.

As for the DLC, I will probably just exchange my ps3 version for a 360 version when I pick it up.

I think Gears of War dropped now because the second one is coming out in the fall. If you can find it cheap, get it!

EDIT: Also get Dead Rising!

Gears of war and dead rising are really good games that are pretty cheap now also if you can find bioshock for cheap that game is amazing

[quote name='Soft Nugget']EDF2017 is fantastic[/quote]

Agreed. Also, if you enjoy mech sims and into to play online a lot then Chromehounds is very cheap and a great game.

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']consensus seems to be crackdown, prey, or saints row. I might just wait til, gta iv...[/quote]

For what it's worth, I think Perfect Dark is $9.99 also used at Gamestop. For the prices that some of the older used games are now, you really can't go wrong with any of them. Perfect Dark isn't great but it's well worth $10.

Crackdown and Dead Rising are both reasonably cheap, and a great time.

Dead Rising has a very specific way it wants you to play---first time through just survie to level up, save everyone second time through---but it's very good. Crackdown is slightly unfinished, but it's a lotta mindless fun.

As far as value for your dollar... get COD 4. Even at $40 it's a great deal. I've put over 60 hours into the game so I've more than gotten my money's worth :)

However only do this if you can and want to play Multiplayer. The single player campaign, while excellent, is quite short.

[quote name='daminion']As far as value for your dollar... get COD 4. Even at $40 it's a great deal. I've put over 60 hours into the game so I've more than gotten my money's worth :)

However only do this if you can and want to play Multiplayer. The single player campaign, while excellent, is quite short.[/QUOTE]

I got it for PS3, but yeah, If I didn't, I would have jumped all over that amazon deal

with the 25% coupon + 10% edge, i was considering a few bargain games. a few of them are launch titles, so, i'm trying to take their game review ratings with a grain of salt. for less than $8 used, are these really worth it in this day and age (3 years later)?

perfect dark zero
ridge racer 6
pgr3
graw 1

another thing to consider is that i already have these games in the same genres -

FPS:
GoW
halo 3 (backlog)
darkness (backlog)
prey (backlog)
stranglehold (backlog)
splinter cell: da (backlog)
farcry (backlog)

Racing:
Forza 2

yeah, i just got a bunch of recent clearance games to start a backlog stack.

there's also a few hot new games (GoW 2, Grid) in those genres too. so, is perfect dark zero, ridge racer, pgr 3, graw still worth it?

Splinter Cell Double Agent, Saints Row for sure, and..........Just Cause is really good. Just Cause and Saints Row are like a GTA, but I like Saints Row more than GTA IV.

bread's done
Back