Can anyone recommend the cheapest way to start Pinball FX2 ???

pfp

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
Just noticed that tables were on sale this week, I'm a traditional pinball fan and thought this may be fun.

Can anyone advise what the cheapest way to approach it is? Obviously the idea is to get as many tables for as little $ as possible.

Last edited by a moderator:
I originally got pinball fx1 and it came with a few tables and when 2 came out it automatically upgraded and i got a few more tables. I cant remember how much i paid but it wasnt alot. I wouldnt have spent 800 on it so it was probably 400 on sale. I think ive got 6 or 8 tables with no added cost. Im not sure it can still be done like that though.
It is a pretty cool game. Other than the fact that you never realy know how to play the tables or how to get all the multipliers its still fun. Some tables are btter than others too. Some just flat out stink.

The cheapest way was to grab the free Paranormal table when that was free for a week around Halloween.

Barring that, I'd say the cheapest way is to pickup the trials of the ones that are on sale this week(Classic, Core, Marvel) and see which ones you like the best. I've picked up all three(Core is my favorite but I also really like the Blade table in the Marvel pack and the Agents table from the Core so..) and think they are worth the price they are on sale this week for, 400 points per pack(which is 100 a table, so a little over a dollar a table.)

I got into the game after getting into the game with the free table. Since then I've picked up the packs and a lot of the individual tables too. I was surprised I enjoyed it as much as I did since I really have no interest in pinball in real life..

I was under the impression that it came with a free table but I never found it. You can buy certain tables separately, though. I didn't buy any of the Marvel tables or anything, just a few random ones. I'm partial to Rome, myself.

To my knowledge, this is the first time any Pinball FX2 content has ever been on sale. I'm pretty damn sure it's the first for Marvel atleast. The first game may have been cheap way back in the day, but as far as 2 goes, I think this is it. So, to answer your question, the best way to get as much bang for your buck is to grab these 12 tables for 1200 points now. But what WTPolaris said, try them all out, make sure you dig them, and make your purchase that way. I paid full price for the Marvel pack(and the other 2 individual Marvel tables) after playing it by my cousin, and I don't regret it at all. Good stuff. Got me so hooked that when they went on sale, I grabbed all the rest this week too. Now to get that Street Fighter one too!(although I hear it's not that good, but I love this game so much, and love some SFII as well, I'll force myself to like it)

[quote name='mrosnwo']To my knowledge, this is the first time any Pinball FX2 content has ever been on sale. I'm pretty damn sure it's the first for Marvel atleast. The first game may have been cheap way back in the day, but as far as 2 goes, I think this is it. So, to answer your question, the best way to get as much bang for your buck is to grab these 12 tables for 1200 points now. But what WTPolaris said, try them all out, make sure you dig them, and make your purchase that way. I paid full price for the Marvel pack(and the other 2 individual Marvel tables) after playing it by my cousin, and I don't regret it at all. Good stuff. Got me so hooked that when they went on sale, I grabbed all the rest this week too. Now to get that Street Fighter one too!(although I hear it's not that good, but I love this game so much, and love some SFII as well, I'll force myself to like it)[/QUOTE]

Nothing new to add which hasn't already been said.

I will tell you to stay away from Street Fighter. You may be enticed to get it because of the theme, but it doesn't quite have the flow that I like, I guess. This is coming from someone who has every table on pinball FX 2. Don't take my word for it though - try the demo out for yourself... You may like it...

Besides the 4 pack tables you can purchase I always waited and when I got my reward points
and bimg msps I would purchase a single table one at a time. In about 3 months I had 4 table free from reward points

bread's done
Back