Can anyone tell me the pros and cons of F Zero GX?

Vampire Hunter D

CAGiversary!
I ordered it from CC and just want to know stuff about it.From what i hear its a great game with its biggest fault being difficulty in the latter stages.

It does get pretty hard later in the game, but it's totally worth at least 25 bucks. Thats a deal, I bought it for 45 with NO regrets whatsoever.

You summed it up in one sentance. Some of the story mode challenges are excrutiatingly difficult, especially when you're coming out of the box, without that much experience under your belt.

It's a blazing fast racer that is fun, but prepare not to blink for long stretches of time. If you liked any of the series, you'll enjoy this one.

I concur. Falling off the track is excruciatingly frustrating. In fact, that is the sole reason why I stopped playing the game. I was extremely pleased with it until half way through grand prix mode. That's when the tracks themselves became more of a challenge than the competition...

Worth the purchase but the tracks definitely needed more balancing.

Pros:
Fast, fast, fast.
Great graphics.
Great soundtrack.
Tons of unlockable characters.
Customizable vehicles.
Story mode.

Cons:
Fast, fast, FAST!!! Prehaps too fast for some people's reflexes.
Story mode challanges get tough.
Good luck finding an arcade version to swap data with.

It's a game no Cube owner should be without.

I have to admit I developed a twitch from highspeed "going off track" moments! But it certainly adds the the thrill, knowing that the next jump could plunge you into a 12 mile fall.

Pros:
Alot of replay
really challenging ("hard")
30 Characters
Create-a-Racer

Cons:
Only 20 tracks
no create-a-track
not online
you have to unlock story mode, chapter by chapter :(

But it's definitely worth your 25 bucks :)

Forgot i posted this.but yeah ive since got it and i like it.It definatly gets harder.And it sucks cause like the only way you can with some races is by using boost alot which is risky.But it was totally worth 25 bucks.

Pros:
Looks great
Plays great
Fun
Addictive
Not an easy game
so fast you might have an epileptic seizure
Good Multiplayer

Cons:
One of the hardest games I've ever played, the game has risen my blood pressure 3 fold.

It's a great game, but the more insanely harder the game gets, the more I don't even feel like playing it (I don't know if its just me but god damn It's hard, and I've beaten Resident Evil in Knife mode and that feels like a cake walk). It's still a great game that I play often. Great that you have it

Damn, it's hard. I still havn't unlocked the last few tracks in Grand Prix, or unlocked some of those characters you get from completing the Hard mode in Story. I wnt the Rainbow Phoenix so bad... On the upside, I could spend hours just customizing parts and pain jobs in the Create A Racer mode. It awakens the inner Leggo-phile in me. :)

I'm not sure if it's helpful now, but here's what I think:

Pro: Very addictive, lots of depth within the story mode and creating your own racers, challenging, very, very fast and maintains a very smooth framerate, pretty tight control and decent sound.

Cons: Incredibly difficult sometimes (this game is developed by the same people who did the Super Monkey Ball series, and if you've ever played those games, then you should know what to expect here in terms of difficulty and frustration). The speed takes some getting used to, as you won't be able to make every turn on some of the courses the first couple of tries. Death Race not included, which was a mode introduced in F-Zero X. A-hole AI.

I wrote a review of the game on my website, and if you want to read it, click here: http://www.angelfire.com/zine2/92530i/fzerogx.html .

It's a good, solid and challenging game. It can be frustrating, but if you keep at the challenges, they can be completed. I think you'll be pretty blown away and overwhelmed by the sense of speed. You really have to see and play the game in action to see how much of an insane experience it is.

bread's done
Back