[can] EB - Killzone 2 - $9.99 (trade 1 deal)

Ranzo

CAGiversary!
I have not seen this listed yet.
Feb 27th - Mar 1st
Trade one game and get Killzone 2 for $9.99.

Games on the list are all PS3:
POP
Fallout 3
COD5
LBP
NFS: Undercover

Last edited by a moderator:
That's not bad. Those games have a trade in value of around $30, so $39.99 for KZ2 is a sweet deal!

FarmhouseMedia.png

[quote name='deluga']would it work for the 360 version of those games?[/QUOTE]

The list shows only the ps3 games and skus.

My reaction:
Killzone 2 for $10? Price Error?
*sees Ranzo's name*
Oh. Probably not
"wait trade 1?!"

I want to trade in PoP for this but only own the 360 version =(

Damn, I traded in LBP on Friday! Couldn't the associate have told me about this promotion so I could get KZ2?!?!

I even have the $$$ on a gift card...

That's a good deal. I kinda wish I hadn't beaten all those games so quickly. I still have LBP but I refuse to part with it; my niece would kill me. If I was tired of LBP and I didn't have a niece, I'd trade that and $10 for Killzone 2 and move my fully paid KZ2 pre-order to cover RE5.

erm, sorry to interrupt this great thread, but i have have a question that someone here could answer for me ;)

i have a pre-order (T3g1f) for RE5, but i really dont want the game. i want to just cancel the pre-order and get the credit back. 69.99 dollar. but they told me they cant give out refunds or anything on the EDGE card if it's not a trade in. so they would put it in a GIFT Card (without the free tax thing). for 69.99....... is that how it works? then i would be losing around 10 dollars in tax :/

kinda relates to the thread cuz i want to get killzone 2 with the credit :p

They didn't lie, it just isn't something that would come up in conversation.
They assume you paid $69.99 + tax for the game, so it would be illegal to refund the $69.99 without the tax you paid.

If you did t3g1f then your lucky you got it on a card. It should have only been put towords another t3 game.

Hmmm..>
a SM I know returns games marked Trade 3 on a regular basis...you can clearly see it on the receipt too... and an ASM actually ENCOURAGED people to trade 3 preorders and move it around.

Do EB ban people from people from trading? WHat happens? What is the HQ's official line?

Oh SNAP.

This is a mighty good deal for some. I know for me I grabbed NFS: Undercover for cheapcheap from someone who didn't like it (natch, that was EVERYONE), I might just do this and put my trade-3 in for something else! Hoooorrah!

[quote name='gamer602']Hmmm..>
a SM I know returns games marked Trade 3 on a regular basis...you can clearly see it on the receipt too... and an ASM actually ENCOURAGED people to trade 3 preorders and move it around.

Do EB ban people from people from trading? WHat happens? What is the HQ's official line?[/QUOTE]

Well they shouldn't, and yes ive seen bans and they remove credit from cards all the time.

Hmmm...What do you mean that they remove credit from cards? Is that even legal?
and they BAN PEOPLE??What's the criteria for bans? How do you remove the ban?

[quote name='gamer602']Hmmm...What do you mean that they remove credit from cards? Is that even legal?
and they BAN PEOPLE??What's the criteria for bans? How do you remove the ban?[/quote]

Why are you worrying about getting banned? Just stop what you're doing now and you won't get banned. :D

LOL! I've always wanted to work for EB...but I dont know if I should...dont worry about me..I recently got into university and I havent had the time to trade anything since last May

Bad timing for this promo for me, a couple weeks back I traded LBP ($37) and Mirrors Edge ($20) Towards Killzone 2, still gotta pay difference, could of kept Mirrors Edge and put it up on goozex instead if I knew about this deal, ah well usually on the better side of EB promos so I can't complain

Huh, that's a great deal. I would trade in POP but I won't have it with me during that time frame. I currently have KZ2 preordered at amazon.ca for like $50 after tax, that's not too bad. Is there a way to find out all of the eligible games?

Why do I see a bunch of us running to our local EB Games...

"I want to trade in this game and get KZ2 for $9.99"
"Did you pre-order it?"
"No"
"Cause all our copies are sold to pre-orders, we'll have some next week though"
"Will this sale still be on?"
"Oh hell no!"

if an associate moves a trade 3 credit to a non trade 3 game or to an edge card its considered fraud and is grounds for termination. I suggest the associate or even the SM in this case really take a look at what they are doing and how much they enjoy their job.

Trade 3 credit is a special promotion credit and is not transferable to a non trade 3 item.

I could see EB ban people from trading. Most of these would be hoarders or people that are trading promotional items

[quote name='Firestorm']Looking at the first post would be an easy way of finding all the eligible games. Doesn't really get any easier really![/quote]

Burn.

[quote name='rkenshin']I want Fallout 3 360 for $9.99 since the PS3 version isn't getting any DLC content[/quote]

You're a fool, the DLC content doesn't make or break the experience for F3, and if you're cheap enough to demand a great game like F3 for ten bucks I don't think you'd even touch the DLC unless it was free.

Anyway we've made our choice, we live with them. I'm just clinging onto the hope that they're timed and one day... they'll be released on the PS3... one day.

[quote name='Pale-Dim']... I could see EB ban people from trading. Most of these would be hoarders or people that are trading promotional items[/quote]

Still won't stop the hoarders, they'll always snake their way into getting what they want.

[quote name='neksus']That's why you do it without them knowing it was from a T3...[/quote]

What is this RFD? We all scummy grifters now?

Anyway, fraud and double posting aside. Has anyone gotten this deal already? Was it as easy as it sounded?

[quote name='kathos']What is this RFD? We all scummy grifters now?

Anyway, fraud and double posting aside. Has anyone gotten this deal already? Was it as easy as it sounded?[/quote]

It's not fraud on your part.
It's not even misrepresentation - if they ask and you lie, then sure, its fraud. Failure to ask presents them with only the fact that you have a pre-order.

"I don't have my receipt, can I change my pre-order?"

[quote name='neksus']It's not fraud on your part.
It's not even misrepresentation - if they ask and you lie, then sure, its fraud. Failure to ask presents them with only the fact that you have a pre-order.

"I don't have my receipt, can I change my pre-order?"[/quote]

Wait, you can change preorders that isn't weird with them, I do that all the time (I change my mind often, like Mirror's Edge to Valkyrie Chronicles, best choice I ever made), I thought you meant taking the trade-3 cred and putting it on your EDGE card to use to other shit.

[quote name='neksus']Hmm I never even thought of that lol. I don't see the point unless there aren't any games you don't currently want.[/quote]

I guess for backlog, I need to grab DJ Max 2 for PSP but dammit it's like fifty bucks. Fuuuuuck that. If it was kosher I'd grab onto DJ Max 2 over FEAR 2 or whatever.

[quote name='neksus']It's not fraud on your part.

"I don't have my receipt, can I change my pre-order?"[/quote]
Except they can tell if it was from a T3 on their computer if they had half a brain

Do they add tax on the game aswell? or do you just pay $9.99? I found a copy of NFS: Undercover for $25 so im thinking i would trade it in. This is at ALL ebgames right?

Well, what about the gaming guarentee? I think bencher was asking about RE5, so even if he did a T3 for it, couldn't he just take it, open it, and return it for the full $69.99 on an edge card? That would be a "legal" way of turning a T3 into 69.99 in edge credit right?

[quote name='DoubleStop']Do they add tax on the game aswell? or do you just pay $9.99? I found a copy of NFS: Undercover for $25 so im thinking i would trade it in. This is at ALL ebgames right?[/quote]

You pay the tax on $9.99 I would assume.

[quote name='Sousanator']Except they can tell if it was from a T3 on their computer if they had half a brain[/quote]

Are you sure?
The computer from what I've seen doesn't say how you paid for the pre-order...it just says the amount paid.

[quote name='neksus']You pay the tax on $9.99 I would assume.[/quote]

Unless you have some money on your edge card then it's taxless.

[quote name='TripleQ']Well, what about the gaming guarentee? I think bencher was asking about RE5, so even if he did a T3 for it, couldn't he just take it, open it, and return it for the full $69.99 on an edge card? That would be a "legal" way of turning a T3 into 69.99 in edge credit right?[/QUOTE]

Yes you get the full retail value back. The only problem is he'll have to wait because RE5 won't be out for a few more weeks. The game guarantee with trade in three with 7 days to play the game is a really good deal.

[quote name='Firestorm']Looking at the first post would be an easy way of finding all the eligible games. Doesn't really get any easier really![/quote]
It looked to me like he was just listing some of the games he recalled, deals usually have more than 5 eligible games. Maybe I misinterpreted the post, sorry.

[quote name='gamer602']... I recently got into university and I havent had the time to trade anything since last May[/quote]

Freshmaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan!

Nah don't worry little buddy, uni just gets easier as time goes on, unless you're going to UofT (assuming you live in Toronto), all the brown nosing and overachievers make it harder to get a good grade there.

I'm on my 3rd year and I'm almost done! Only 5 more years to go!

PROTIP: Don't settle for a bachelor's, get your masters or even grab a PhD, it's worthwhile and seriously: bach's mean nothing these days, it's the equivalency of finishing high school when it comes to merit.

[quote name='kathos']Freshmaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan!

Nah don't worry little buddy, uni just gets easier as time goes on, unless you're going to UofT (assuming you live in Toronto), all the brown nosing and overachievers make it harder to get a good grade there.

I'm on my 3rd year and I'm almost done! Only 5 more years to go!

PROTIP: Don't settle for a bachelor's, get your masters or even grab a PhD, it's worthwhile and seriously: bach's mean nothing these days, it's the equivalency of finishing high school when it comes to merit.[/quote]
Depends entirely on what you want to do. I'm aspiring to become an elementary school teacher; an Honours in History, plus the required teachables is all I'll need, and being a male doesn't hurt either. Elementary schools are hurting for male teachers.

^^^ lol, dude, we have the same career path. history teacher. i've already planned mine out.

its easy for males to get into teaching in elementary, cuz they need male role models in there, but males usually go for the high schools.

how are you going to get into education? im thinking about the concurrent program at york...

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']It looked to me like he was just listing some of the games he recalled, deals usually have more than 5 eligible games. Maybe I misinterpreted the post, sorry.[/quote]I didn't mean to be harsh!

bread's done
Back