[CAN] EBGames: 50% off used games

it was limited till they realized that most stores only had a handful (literally 1 handful) of these selected games. so they changed it up so that its any used game 19.99 and less would get half priced assuming it was the lowest of the 3 being purchased.

I think they should have left the 2for20 bins out instead

Such a crap deal I didnt think it deserved a place in the deals forum....

Last year it was Buy 1 get 1 half off..........ALL PLATFORMS......wii/ds/360/ps3

Wow. Just because it isn't the greatest deal doesn't mean it shouldn't get a mention! I don't think it's an awesome deal but maybe a title or two may be worth it to someone.

Dont get me wrong here, but when I saw this on EB'site I was floored that they would put out such a promo.

But, I'm glad someone took the time to post, the more posts, the better!

[quote name='Cthulhu8u']Wow. Just because it isn't the greatest deal doesn't mean it shouldn't get a mention! I don't think it's an awesome deal but maybe a title or two may be worth it to someone.[/quote]

Nah... it's a pretty shitty deal that only probably only unaware shoppers will take advantage of. If you do find 3 games that are even priced affordably and that are priced the exact same, it will work out to an overall savings of 16.67%, but you can't use your Edge card(which is already 10% off on all used games) with this promotion so really the sale is effectively only a 6.67% off sale with a lot of strings attached. But some clueless mother will see that sign and pick out a bunch of worthless games that she never would have bought in the first place, and I say worthless because the best games for the Xbox and Gamecube are still priced over $20 so they aren't even eligible for this "sale".

Actually if you read that flyer closer, all of those specific titles that are listed are just straight 50% off, not B2G1 50% off. There are some good games listed there that I'm sure are available in a lot of stores.

Those are some pretty nice looking deals on the PS2 list. I've been looking for a deal on the atelier iris series. Growlanser, Ys, Shining Force EXA and Rogue Galaxy aren't bad at these prices either if people have been holding off on getting them for a while.

You guys are right, that part about the 50% off is correct. I'd call this deal pretty hot if you can get your hands on those titles. There's a lot of RPGs listed (plus Singstar ABBA, hmmm...). Plus 50% off all $9.99-$19.99 games.

Thanks for not slagging the messenger, Bamm and greywolf501 ;)

wow, forget what i said earlier. they uypdated the flyer.

50% off? damn!
i need to pick up most of those GBA games,

and are the listed games and 9.99 and 19.99 games have to be new or used? or botyh?

Wow that list is pretty impressive, though I highly doubt I can find a copy of Chibi-Robo and Capcom vs. SNK for GC.

And 50% off all games $9.99-19.99 is mega hot. Too bad most first-party GC games are over $20.

[quote name='Cthulhu8u']You guys are right, that part about the 50% off is correct. I'd call this deal pretty hot if you can get your hands on those titles. There's a lot of RPGs listed (plus Singstar ABBA, hmmm...). Plus 50% off all $9.99-$19.99 games.

Thanks for not slagging the messenger, Bamm and greywolf501 ;)[/quote]

I'm the 'Dexter' of the online slagging business ;)

Fatal Frame II for XBox is on the list. That game's been $39.99 for as long as I can remember. If I find a copy, eeees miiiiiiiiiiiine!

better than having no deal. the deal just reminded me of getting metal slug for ps2. too bad selection is so small for it.

It says "get 50% off these games that are regularly 9.99$ or 19.99$", then lists Chibi Robo for GameCube.
Then when you go to EB Games. Chibi Robo IS STILL SCANNING AT 49.99$ USED.

[quote name='gamer602']You can only get those games for half off if you buy 2 other games...[/quote]
That's not what the flyer says, the flyer just says these select titles 50% off

[quote name='Cthulhu8u']I don't think those listed games are necessarily 9.99-19.99, but it should be 50% off the listed games.

Take the flyer[/QUOTE]

True, I misread. So a half-demolished Chibi Robo is 25$ now instead of 50$. DEAL OF THE YEAR.

went to EB, talked with the manager, manager called HQ, and this is not on,

apparently, the flyer is all focused on buy 2 get 3rd half off on the SELECT TITLES and the 9.99 or 19.99 dollar games

them alone is not 50%. GRRRR

Cold as Ice.

bread's done
Back