Can I buy 512mb mem. card from GS then return it for full refund?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quintox

CAGiversary!
Feedback
24 (100%)
I need to use a 512mb memory card one time only, so in order to save $50, I was thinking of buying one from GS, using it, then return it next day. The bottom of receipt says open new accessories you can return for full refund, correct?

I don't see why it'd matter to them, I'll just get GS credit and they just end up sending it back to corporate anyhow, so it won't affect their store.

[quote name='62t']or just look for a store with a used memory card[/QUOTE]

I would buy one and say that you had an arcade unit and your original 256mb one was full so you need a bigger one, wait like 4-5 days and return it saying you got a better deal on a used Hard Drive from somewhere else.

If you buy it new, they'll deny the return on the grounds of the "I found a used hard drive cheap" excuse.

Between this & the multiple "I'm buying a 360 while mine is in for repairs, then returning it" threads. It has soured me on buying accessories & systems from stores that do these types of returns, since it's never known if it's something someone used as a "rental".

If you want a memory card, buy it and keep it, don't return it. If you need one just to transfer some saves or something, just ask around and see if you can borrow one from a friend. Gamestop isn't a rental store.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back