Can I fix corrupted video and audio files?

alonzomourning23

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
I upgraded my pc, including doing a repair install of windows, and now many of my old video, and some of my old audio files, don't work. I downloaded a bunch of codes and it didn't do much. I noticed that files that didn't work on my pc worked when I imported them (originally copied from the same file) from my media phone.

So, any way to fix corrupted files?

Have you tried VLC player? That thing plays nearly everything.. it's played everything single avi file, even old ones from before DivX became popular, I've thrown at it and I have never installed a single codec.

Did all that, didn't change much. I think the files are corrupted. I have a music phone and I took some of the mp3's off it and put them back on my pc, and I noticed that the same files that didn't work before worked when I imported the file (which was originally copied to my phone from the now non-working file) back onto my pc.

So, is there any way to fix corrupted files?

Look up Ace Media Codec Pack and very carefully install the codecs.

Search for Xvid fix.

Get Real Alternative

Get QuickTime Alternative

Install MPEG 4 Fix if you can

There is tons more to install but Ace Codec pack will have most of them.

CCCP is basically from a community of people who sub and encode animation. You could install this and just use this but you might have other problems down the road.

Personally Mlayer is the player out there. You have to configure the GUI yourself.

For some reason ace media pack caused "windows explorer" to crash every time I booted my pc for some reason. I had to uninstall it.

Trying the fix stuff now though. thanks.

bread's done
Back