can I get some opinions on Freedom Fighters?

Concealed Identity

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I've read some reviews, but obviously there's games that get good reviews that aren't necessarily one's cup of tea. I checked some other threads on it here and got some opinions, but not that many. The cheapest I'm going to find it here is for the equivalent of about $25, but I guess the things I'm really curious about are how good the controls are, the overall fun factor, and the level of difficulty and especially frustration (I am known to get pretty frustrated at games from time to time :D ).

For my next game, I'm deciding between this and a couple of other games that are absolutely nothing like it, but this seems to be in the lead. I just wanted to hear some extended thoughts from you guys on it.

i found it to be fun, controlled decent, no too hard. I believe I got mine for 10, so you should try lookin at different stores for it.

[quote name='Ikohn4ever']i found it to be fun, controlled decent, no too hard. I believe I got mine for 10, so you should try lookin at different stores for it.[/quote]

yea unfortunately where i live, ps2 games aren't that cheap, and this game is somewhat hard to find it seems. i appreciate the opinion though.

oh, and i'm surprised this thread posted as it gave me an immediate 404 error when i posted. i guess if a mod reads this, you can delete the other thread or let it sink or whatever

[quote name='Wlogan31']I have a sealed copy for PS2 - I'd send it to you for $8 + shipping if that is cheaper than $25...[/quote]

that's tempting, is it the japanese version though? if not, it won't work on my ps2

[quote name='Concealed Identity']that's tempting, is it the japanese version though? if not, it won't work on my ps2[/quote]

No, its US. Sorry - I was confused. I thought you were looking for an English copy but couldn't find one because you were in Japan :)

$25 is the cheapest? Games like this (i.e. almost any non-Japanese developed game) were less than $10 used when I lived in Japan.

Anyway, this game is pretty fun. There really is nothing else like it. The only frustrating point I really found was that each mission you had to re-recruit your team members. It's not a great game, but it is enjoyable enough to play to completion. I think it sold well enough to warrant a sequel as well.

[quote name='espy605']$25 is the cheapest? Games like this (i.e. almost any non-Japanese developed game) were less than $10 used when I lived in Japan.

Anyway, this game is pretty fun. There really is nothing else like it. The only frustrating point I really found was that each mission you had to re-recruit your team members. It's not a great game, but it is enjoyable enough to play to completion. I think it sold well enough to warrant a sequel as well.[/QUOTE]

A next gen Freedom Fighters with more crazy ragdoll and the addition of blood? Sign me the hell up... although I'm hearing Kane and Lynch will employ some of the FF engine in the game.

[quote name='Concealed Identity']thanks for the help, but i live in japan[/QUOTE]You should put your location in your profile, so it will show up whenever you post. It'd save a lot of confusion.

I liked this game alot. the multiplayer is alot of fun. When I think back to this game its definitely the multiplayer that I remember standing out as being awesome.

i bought that game for full price for my GC. i love it. i thought there will be a sequel. looks like it when i saw the ending.

[quote name='judyjudyjudy']You should put your location in your profile, so it will show up whenever you post. It'd save a lot of confusion.[/quote]

good idea, thanks for the suggestion

and thanks for the opinions so far, everybody :applause:

i scored mine for 5 bucks at a movie store.its agood game to waste time and its fun. if you see it forcheapdont pass it up , but dont pay moe than 10 bucks on it

bread's done
Back