Can I please get some PSP games that I can play on my PS3?

nystate

CAGiversary!
Feedback
46 (100%)
Am I the only one? There are a ton load of PSP games I'd love to play. I have a PSP but I'm not much of a hand held gamer. There are about 10-20 games I'd buy if it was not on the PSP. If Sony released all PSP games up to say, 2009 on PSN they could give XBLA a serious run for its money.

Resistance Retribution
Persona
Killzone Liberation
Jean D' arc
MGS: Piece Walker
Jax The Lost Frontier
Castlevania Dracula X
SOCOM Fireteam Bravo 1 & 2
Crisis Core
GTA: China Town Wars
FF Tactics: WOTL
Persona PSP
Daxter
Syphon filter Dark Mirror & Logan Shadow
And a whole lot more.

You can't deny some serious games here on this list!

That woudln't be a bad idea. I skipped a lot of PSP games because I didn't want to bother updating the thing. (I still hate all the updates.)

I bought the PS2 versions of a couple games and the rest were missed. GTA and Tactics I got on the DS.

I'd love to play GoW Chains of Olympus and Ghost of Sparta. I never got around to getting a PSP and have been waiting for its successor. The NGP looks pretty awesome.

I've wished for the same thing for ages... it would be a HUGE selling point for Sony to add this feature to the NGP.

They could basically have users tether their NGPs to the PS3 and play games on a TV using the DS3.

That would be great for us but Sony will never do something like that. PSP games playable on PS3 means that a PSP is no longer necessary which means less money for Sony. I'd love to play PSP games in 1080p with a DS3.

[quote name='Vinny']They could basically have users tether their NGPs to the PS3 and play games on a TV using the DS3.[/QUOTE]
I've been doing this for a month with my psp go.

[quote name='nystate']Am I the only one? There are a ton load of PSP games I'd love to play. I have a PSP but I'm not much of a hand held gamer. There are about 10-20 games I'd buy if it was not on the PSP. If Sony released all PSP games up to say, 2009 on PSN they could give XBLA a serious run for its money.

Jax The Lost Frontier

You can't deny some serious games here on this list![/QUOTE]

Yeah the majority of what you listed are nice games except the one that I didn't delete, it's a very bad game. I'd replace that with Tactics Orge remake or the new Parasite Eve game, 3rd Birthday, those are worthy.

But just as a PSA, you do know that PSP-Slim/2000/3000 has TV out (via component cables) right? I hate starting at a small handheld screen as much as the next guy, and this is the ONLY reason I've been buying games for the PSP I don't have yet is because of this feature.

Also it was rumored (and a patent discovered) that Sony had a UMD, PS3 add-on in the works, yet who knows if this is real or if it will even materialize, I think it would be smart, heck Nintendo has released add-ons and cartridges to be able to play their handheld games on TV's so why would Sony not think that wasn't a idea worth pursuing? It'd cost less than a PSP, they'd still sell games (the main money maker) and you'd have to have a PS3 to play'em. Win-win as far as I see it.

Will it happen, who knows, but still it's a nice thought.

Link:
http://www.google.com/search?q=sony...s=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

[quote name='mr_burnzz']That would be great for us but Sony will never do something like that. PSP games playable on PS3 means that a PSP is no longer necessary which means less money for Sony. I'd love to play PSP games in 1080p with a DS3.[/QUOTE]

As the PSP is now DOA (or soon will be) does that even account now, I'm hoping to have enough money in the next couple of months to pick one up while they are being clearanced out, or if I am lucky or if Sony was smart they'd do something like I mentioned above.

And as far as your last sentence, not gonna happen, since the games were never designed for 1080p, and the only way you can use the DS3 for PSP is to play the games on the PSP-Go.

[quote name='mr_burnzz']That would be great for us but Sony will never do something like that. PSP games playable on PS3 means that a PSP is no longer necessary which means less money for Sony. I'd love to play PSP games in 1080p with a DS3.[/QUOTE]

Not really. Typically hardware costs a company money which they make back on games. Selling less hardware and more games would be the best but kinda hard to do unless the hardware is compatible in the right ways.

I want the games on a platform that doesn't update much, that's all. I don't really need to play portable games on a TV or with controls they aren't designed for.

They'd still get a licensing fee without selling you a PSP. I doubt they make any meaningful money from hardware sales. They generally try to sell the hardware as cheap as possible with the hopes you'll buy games which is the real money maker. If sony were smart they'd release PSP games on the PS3 a long time ago. I imagine though there are certain contractual issues in doing something like this. It's also a tough sell to sell someone a 29-39 dollar Downloadable game when most PS3 downloads are 10-19 bucks at most.

[quote name='LottaGames']That woudln't be a bad idea. I skipped a lot of PSP games because I didn't want to bother updating the thing. (I still hate all the updates.)

I bought the PS2 versions of a couple games and the rest were missed. GTA and Tactics I got on the DS.[/QUOTE]
Sure you can but both of those games are superior on the PSP.

You can play Retribution on your TV with a Dualshock if you have Resistence2, a PSP, the game, etc.

It also unlocks some nice features.

I bought one of those TV adaptor cables for my PSP and a component cable extension. I played through Portable Ops on my couch through my 61in TV. It looked better than I was expecting (but displayed in a smaller box because of the resolution). It solved most of my PSP problems, but I still have the way the thumb stick on those things feels.

Not necessarily. I said games that were released up until 2009. that way If you want it bad enough you would buy it on the PSP. I don't believe that it'll cost Sony that much little if any.

Lets use Steam as an example. We all know when you buy a game from Steam you get the game for both for PC and Mac. We also know that PSP2 or NGP that the games would most likely be download only. Just make an HD version and non HD version. Ala PC. Make it to run on low specs but have a version to run on PS3. We've heard that NGP has 'PS3 style graphics' what if they made the games that could run on PSP2/NGP and PS3? That's a win win there. Say you get a game like the canceled Oblivion PSP game. Make it to be used on PSP2/NGP and PS3. You can play at home, but say you have to work the next day. You have to take a train or bus to work. Just get to a save point and continue or PSP/NGP on the road.
This could also work on PSP games too. What if when you buy 3rd Birthday on from PSN for the PSP. After 3 months you get a free unlock code to play it on your PS3 (if you buy it new.) But if you get it used or pirated (hopefully not or gameshare it) You can pay $10 to play it on PS3. $7 bucks goes to the devs, $3 goes to Sony. That's a win/win

I have never understood why in the digital age this has not happaned. I mean honestly is there any reason for them to NOT make it so you can play PSP games on your PS3 when you buy them on PSN? Yes it would take a little work on their part, but it would help both PSP game sales and hardware sales for both systems.

I don't understand why remote play couldn't act in reverse. I mean, we can browse our PS3 on the PSP but we can't do the same on the PS3?

Right now the only solution appears to be using the TV-out. As someone else mentioned you can even use the Dualshock3 if you have the Go.

[quote name='ssjmichael']I don't understand why remote play couldn't act in reverse. I mean, we can browse our PS3 on the PSP but we can't do the same on the PS3?

Right now the only solution appears to be using the TV-out. As someone else mentioned you can even use the Dualshock3 if you have the Go.[/QUOTE]

I don't understand why remote play can't work, period. Such an under used feature that could really sell some PSPs.. Unfortunately I have Uverse and my router won't allow me to have my PS3 set to remote play (the router immediately turns on my ps3 and then when no PSP is detected after a certain length of time the system disables the functionality).

Personally I like stuff portable, all things being equal. The PSP's screen is pretty big (spoiled me on these 3" screens, or even 3.5"), and you can just stick it closer to your face to make it bigger...I mean that's why the gameboy was useable.

But anyway, yeah, you can hook the PSP 2000 or 3000 up to a TV. I actually bought the component cables but never used them because I'd just as soon sit somewhere else. Not sure...is the 3000 full screen but the 2000 not?

Well anyway, the PSP does have a lot of great games, and I wouldn't want to miss them. Chains of Olympus is actually the game that got me hooked on God of War, because it looks and plays so much better than GoW 1, which I didn't really like. (Now I bought collection, Ghost of Sparta, and will buy 3 at some point also!)

Sony Bend's games are awesome too...really awesome.

bread's done
Back