Can I re-install Half-life 2?

kaji7p56

CAGiversary!
Feedback
41 (100%)
I am planning to reformat my hard drive and was wondering how to re-install Half Life 2 without downloading it all over again (It was a free download so I don't have any discs). Can I back it up from the files on my PC and re-install it?

Since I am selling my PC, could the person that buys it download HL 2 again if I give them my Steam password and product registration code? Should I leave the hard drive as it is and let the seller reformat if he/she wants to?

What can be done?

Yes, Steam ID and password is all you need. And you can use a function built in to Steam to make a back-up of the half-life 2 folder. This should save you from downloading the whole thing over again as you can use the files you have on the disc. You still have to log in to Steam, but there are far less files to download that way.

[quote name='valor19']Yes, Steam ID and password is all you need. And you can use a function built in to Steam to make a back-up of the half-life 2 folder. This should save you from downloading the whole thing over again as you can use the files you have on the disc. You still have to log in to Steam, but there are far less files to download that way.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I had to leave it on all night for it to download and I was not looking forward to doing it all over again.

Edit- I can't seem to find the button that let's me back up the game.

Open Steam.
Select "Play Games"
Then right click on the game you want and "back up game files" should be there. It should then give you options in where to put the files and how to split them.

bread's done
Back