Can I stand it up without fear?

SpacemanHardy

CAG Veteran
I recently bought a three-way component cable that plugs into my PS3, 360, and Wii simultaneously.

The only problem, though, is that in order to make it fit, either the PS3 or the 360 has to be standing up.

I really do NOT want to stand the 360 up, so I was wondering: Is it okay to stand the PS3 up? Has anyone had any problems with it over an extended period of time? Does it increase my chances of DRE or YLoD?

You mean have the system vertical? I've had my system that way the whole time and haven't any problem related to it. It's about 3 years old now and still going strong.

Mine's also been fine for the sometime now as well. Like yourself I was apprehensive about given the issues with some other consoles I've owned, but I put the PS3 vertically out of necessity when I moved about 14 months ago and I have yet to encounter a single problem from standing it up.

Don't connect them all at the same time .
When you do your sending the output of the system being using back through the 2 unused consoles .
This degrades your signal, and could damage the other 2 consoles involved .

[quote name='Richlough']Don't connect them all at the same time .
When you do your sending the output of the system being using back through the 2 unused consoles .
This degrades your signal, and could damage the other 2 consoles involved .[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I found that out when I had all three hooked up and wasn't getting ANY audio. So now I have to unplug my PS3 whenever I wanna play my 360, and so forth.

It's kind of inconvenient, but the picture on all three of my systems looks SOOOO much better now.

They make some cables that hook to all three systems and have a switch built in. I dunno how well they work, but maybe something to look into if you want to keep the same setup but avoid unplugging and plugging things in each time.

I wouldn't do that if I was you! (the 3 consoles hooked together)

You can stand the Ps3 up with no problems though.

I'm not sure of the cable you got, I've got the Pelican System Selector and it works great. I will say that plugging and unplugging your connections stands a greater potential of damaging your system then leaving them all plugged in. Over time it will loosen the ports by applying pressure to the solder points, and will eventually cause the port to fail.

I've had my Wii, PS3 and Xbox 360 standing vertically since the day I got them and haven't had any problems. If there were major problems with standing them up, then they would make them so you cannot stand them up.

bread's done
Back