Can I trust paypal?

Acrylic

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
I want to use paypal so I can put money in there, so I can offer people money for doing referalls.

Anyways, I'm wondering if I can trust Paypal with my information.

Thanks,
Acrylic

[quote name='Acrylic']I want to use paypal so I can put money in there, so I can offer people money for doing referalls.

Anyways, I'm wondering if I can trust Paypal with my information.

Thanks,
Acrylic[/QUOTE]

Yes. They are owned by eBay. So no worries.

I've had no problems at all. I'm actually hoping all online stores start taking paypal - it's way easier than credit cards. I've had no trouble since mid-2004.

[quote name='chaostic_2k1'] Just keep what you need in the account, take out everything else.[/QUOTE]

I've never personally had any problems with Paypal, but lots of people have. I've heard they will freeze your account quickly if a buyer (on eBay) complains and they have a tendency to side with buyers too. But if you're just using it for money, then you can trust them with your information for the most part. Just don't leave any more than necessary in your account.

They froze $3,000 of mine in July. They say I'll get it back in January. It's still frustrating and a headache. Like chaostic said, your info is safe, but your money, not so much. Just withdraw it immediately.

[quote name='btw1217']They froze $3,000 of mine in July. They say I'll get it back in January. It's still frustrating and a headache. Like chaostic said, your info is safe, but your money, not so much. Just withdraw it immediately.[/QUOTE]
What the... That sucks man. Mind providing some background? I've never heard of anyone having problems like this with paypal.

the problem isnt with paypal, but with its users

my dad bought a palm pilot for ~$300 and paid through paypal,
the probelm is, the seller never sent the item and paypal wouldnt refund our money when we asked,
they gave it back pretty quickly when we sent the credit card company afetr them though:D

[quote name='woobacca']What the... That sucks man. Mind providing some background? I've never heard of anyone having problems like this with paypal.[/QUOTE]

Well, I had been using PayPal for two or three years with no problems. I would sell the occasional item; maybe 3-5 a week. Then I began to sell more and bring in much more revenue. PayPal scans for sudden increase in activity and classifies it as "suspicious activity." They told me this in an email. They then required me to give them a myriad of information; photo ID, phone number confirmation (they called my phone to make sure it was indeed my number), business information, set credit check address, list of suppliers, and proof of shipping. Then I had to fax it all in. The two things that got me were list of suppliers and proof of shipping. I had nothing for either. I never sent any of the items with delivery confirmation or any tracking number of any kind, and I had no suppliers. I explained this to PayPal and faxed everything else in to them. Then a week later they emailed me saying that "due to the high risk involved", they could no longer keep me as a customer and that I would be able to access my funds in 180 days.

This has happened to hundreds of people. There are numerous anti-PayPal websites out there with stories similar to mine and other PayPal horror stories.

[quote name='btw1217']Well, I had been using PayPal for two or three years with no problems. I would sell the occasional item; maybe 3-5 a week. Then I began to sell more and bring in much more revenue. PayPal scans for sudden increase in activity and classifies it as "suspicious activity." They told me this in an email. They then required me to give them a myriad of information; photo ID, phone number confirmation (they called my phone to make sure it was indeed my number), business information, set credit check address, list of suppliers, and proof of shipping. Then I had to fax it all in. The two things that got me were list of suppliers and proof of shipping. I had nothing for either. I never sent any of the items with delivery confirmation or any tracking number of any kind, and I had no suppliers. I explained this to PayPal and faxed everything else in to them. Then a week later they emailed me saying that "due to the high risk involved", they could no longer keep me as a customer and that I would be able to access my funds in 180 days.

This has happened to hundreds of people. There are numerous anti-PayPal websites out there with stories similar to mine and other PayPal horror stories.[/QUOTE]

Pretty much what happened to my friend and why i recommend not keeping money in there. How much did they freeze, 3,000? You could file small claims suit, for the amount plus interest since they are keeping the money for such a long time.

And Javeryh, you can use the debit card they offer or the virtual card for online stores that don't accept paypal.

bread's done
Back