Can I use my Psyclone Gamecube s-video cables with the Wii?

seanw

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
I have a third-party s-video cable for my Gamecube, and inspecting the data out port on the Wii, they're similar but not the same. I once ruined a pair of in-computer speakers by mistaking a headphone jack for an RCA jack, so I'm not really interested in trying to connect up the cable to the Wii if they're not compatible. But it looks like they would mate. So what's the word: Can you use Gamecube cables on the Wii?

[quote name='seanw']I have a third-party s-video cable for my Gamecube, and inspecting the data out port on the Wii, they're similar but not the same. I once ruined a pair of in-computer speakers by mistaking a headphone jack for an RCA jack, so I'm not really interested in trying to connect up the cable to the Wii if they're not compatible. But it looks like they would mate. So what's the word: Can you use Gamecube cables on the Wii?[/QUOTE]

They don't even look the same. Thats like saying you can probably jam a NES controller into the N64 port. If it does not fit, you must well, you know.

[quote name='GizmoGC']They don't even look the same. Thats like saying you can probably jam a NES controller into the N64 port. If it does not fit, you must well, you know.[/QUOTE]

Come on. It's not like somone who doesn't have both cables/consoles in front of them can look and tell the difference of the plugs. For all we know he doesn't have a Wii yet and is asking before he buys if he needs to pick up a new S-video cable.

And it's a fair question since Nintendo had used the exact same video cables for the SNES, N64 and Gamecube.

I was pretty pissed to find that they had changed it when I got mine at launch. Especially since S-video and component cables where tough to find the first few weeks.

bread's done
Back