can i use OLD original xbox Live 1 year subscription on xbox360?

cheapbrass

CAGiversary!
I bought an old original xbox LIVE 1 year subscription back in 2005 and forgot about it.  I just tried to use the old code ...but it doesn't work even tho it didn't have an expiration date!  I tried calling in and they denied it...saying that even tho it has never been activated, it is now void bc Xbox LIVE service is now XBOX GOLD which is a different service.

Anyone know what to do in this situation?

Not sure why someone would think a code being outdated means we're in a digital only era. We'll be using codes for years to come, even when they only sell games digitally.  It's one of the ways b&m stores will continue to sell games.

I'd at least try calling again. Other people have had success. It may depend on the rep you get and how lucky you are.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know if it still works but try redeeming it on the website versus the console. I did that multiple times, most recently in fall 2011; gotta love NFR Crimson Skies for $3 used. Make sure you have the characters exactly right since they printed them with shitty ink that will be smeared into the paper. It might've changed in the past year and a half but it did work recently. Good luck!

EDIT https://live.xbox.com/en-US/RedeemToken

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back