[CAN] PSN Cards

It seems like this should have been the first thing Sony got worked out, even before PS3 launched. What's their problem, this is a product that's only purpose is giving money to Sony. Glad I was able to get a credit card, but that just seems so dumb that they're taking over 2 years to offer this.

Damn you Ranzo, I wanted to bring the good news, but I guess not =\.

Yeah confirmed, got an internal email in a few hours ago before I closed.

[quote name='lustyhitter']Well, I'll believe it when I see it. Until then, I'll use Vanilla MasterCards and take the $4 hit.[/QUOTE]

If you don't change the Vanilla Mastercard details for about 2 weeks, you can get your $5. Since its a gift card, it takes awhile for Mastercard to put the money back in (checking the validity of the card), so if you didn't change your online billing details until they put it back, you can still get it. However, if you were impatient and changed it, you'd have to go through the check again.

[quote name='kathos']Yeah confirmed, got an internal email in a few hours ago before I closed.[/quote]

Most excellent.

[quote name='addone']Most excellent.[/quote]

Yep, and anyone in the CAG group can get a lil' surprise in out humble little shoutbox.

Looking forward to it. Hopefully my parents will be able to get some songs for Singstar now instead of being terrified of using their Visa online

FINALLY!

[quote name='addone']:D

And since these are considered gift-cards, we shouldn't be charged tax on buying them??[/quote]

Yeah, rite!

Hmm. Am I missing something? Why is this a big deal? I figured most of us have credit cards...

Will I be able to use my edge credit to buy psn cards? I know I can use it to buy wii points and xbla points, but if the psn cards are considered gift cards then they might not let you buy a gift card with a gift card.

[quote name='CHW']Hmm. Am I missing something? Why is this a big deal? I figured most of us have credit cards...[/quote]

I think it'll be a big deal when PSN cards hit Best Buy which I mean their occasional 20% off accessories sales event

I mean, who actually buys XBLA or Wii point cards at face value?

I wonder though... they HAVE to be sold tax free or it doesn't make any sense to use them.
And the other thing is that for Americans, it'd be a great deal for them to stock up Canadian cards because they basically get a 20% discount because of our shitty dollar.

If there's taxes on the card, it pretty much makes them useless. You would be paying taxes twice. Once for the card and another time when buying games/dlc on PSN. Here in Quebec, it would make a 13% markup on items. That's cutting in a lot in the 20% off BestBuy regularly offers.

[quote name='titanium']You would be paying taxes twice. Once for the card and another time when buying games/dlc on PSN.[/quote]

And thats basically what some of our American friends have happen, so I guess we'll have to see when the day comes.

Just pop into a store, see if they charge tax. If they do, say "Sorry for wasting our time...", flash a friendly smile (O:)) or emo-face :)-(), and leave.

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']It seems like this should have been the first thing Sony got worked out, even before PS3 launched. What's their problem, this is a product that's only purpose is giving money to Sony. Glad I was able to get a credit card, but that just seems so dumb that they're taking over 2 years to offer this.[/quote]

THEY PROBABLY DONT WANT A ITUNES GIFTCARD FIASCO THAT THEY HAVE-HAD IN CHINA,

[quote name='CHW']Hmm. Am I missing something? Why is this a big deal? I figured most of us have credit cards...[/quote]

Nope, I get (and used to get) tons of kids and gangly teens and older comic-book-nerd adults with no credit come in every day asking for PSN cards =\.

[quote name='kathos']Nope, I get (and used to get) tons of kids and gangly teens and older comic-book-nerd adults with no credit come in every day asking for PSN cards =\.[/QUOTE]

Some of us just don't want credit cards, ya dig?

I wouldn't imagine many sales on this unless they come up with a point system like the wii and 360. But I do see deals like buy a 50 card get 10 bonus dollars or get bonus downloads like songs for gh and rb. But this will be great for sony to get some extra money. I know in the time I've had my since release and up until last week I never bought anything as I didn't wanna use my visa on a console. Something just didn't seem right but then rb release some toby keith songs so I broke and used it. And I don't think there will be taxes on the card or they won't charge tax on the psn store.

[quote name='broccoli']Are these new only to Canada... or is this the first time anywhere that Sony will have these cards available?[/quote]

New to Canada. There's already US, Hong Kong and Japanese cards. US cards were not compatible with Canadian PSN accounts.

bread's done
Back