Can PSP connect to the PS2

you can hook up psps to ps2 via usb to transfer games saves, pretty useless feature considering a memory card is more compact & less of a hassle

[quote name='Epic Wolf']you can hook up psps to ps2 via usb to transfer games saves, pretty useless feature considering a memory card is more compact & less of a hassle[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the quick reply. Do I need the media manager to connect my PSP to the PS2 or can i just use a usb? I've tried unsuccessfully moving game saves without the media manager. The reason I'm inquiring is because I've been trying to move the NCAA rosters without getting an action reply or whatever gameshark thing that is out.

Thanks

psp_gc_large.jpg
thats the newest version...

Thanks for all the help. Problem is I haven't seen any of these products with 2 CDs. I've gone to Media Play, Circuit City, and Gamestop all of them only come with 1 disc. The PC one.. Guess I'll wait till someone puts out a similar product since I heard the Media Manager stunk.

Thanks again for the help.

You don't need media managing software. When you connect your PSP to any Windows PC or Mac it should recognize the PSP as a removable memory device. If you have any USB-USB mini cable laying around, that would work just fine.

Didn't they tout that you would be able to have a game for both PS2 and PSP and swap save games between them, or at least unlock stuff in the other by doing well in one?

[quote name='alongx']You don't need media managing software. When you connect your PSP to any Windows PC or Mac it should recognize the PSP as a removable memory device. If you have any USB-USB mini cable laying around, that would work just fine.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. The only thing that the Media Max Manager software does for you is copy the files into the correct location. Most people can figure that out on their own with some spare time and a little reading.

[quote name='Tromack']Didn't they tout that you would be able to have a game for both PS2 and PSP and swap save games between them, or at least unlock stuff in the other by doing well in one?[/QUOTE]

I thought that was the PS3?

[quote name='daphatty']I thought that was the PS3?[/QUOTE]

Was it? I could swear that I remember seeing something about Advent Shadow, and how it was coming to both PSP and PS2 and you would be able to unlock extras or something.

Yea I think you unlock stuff in Jak X if you have Daxter for PSP. I also heard the PSP and PS2 versions of Smackdown vs. Raw are linkable as well.

bread's done
Back