Can someone explain to me what's happening in Georgia?

N1c0_ds

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
I discovered Georgia wasn't an American state but a country 2 days ago.

I don't know much about this side of the world, can someone enlighten me?

Gerogia is still an American state. Use wikipedia for lots of info.

In a nutshell...

Georgia breaks away from Russia, Russia gets mad, Georgia becomes democratic, US & Europe get happy, South Ossetia (which is actually in Northern Georgia) breaks away from Georgia, South Ossetia becomes pro Russia, Russia gets happy, Russia uses the conflict between Georgia and South Ossetia to invade Georgia. Now nobody is happy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2008_South_Ossetia_War

[quote name='RAMSTORIA']Gerogia is still an American state. Use wikipedia for lots of info.

In a nutshell...

Georgia breaks away from Russia, Russia gets mad, Georgia becomes democratic, US & Europe get happy, South Ossetia (which is actually in Northern Georgia) breaks away from Georgia, South Ossetia becomes pro Russia, Russia gets happy, Russia uses the conflict between Georgia and South Ossetia to invade Georgia. Now nobody is happy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2008_South_Ossetia_War[/quote]
^^ False. Georgia provoked the war with russia. It was Georgia that busted a sneak attack on South Ossetia, with the Backing of America and Israel.

[quote name='BuckFush187']^^ False. Georgia provoked the war with russia. It was Georgia that busted a sneak attack on South Ossetia, with the Backing of America and Israel.[/quote]

No. They picked a fight with the South Ossetian separatists (which is internationally still considered part of Georgia). Russia picked a fight with Georgia under the pretext of saving South Ossetia. It's completely different.

[quote name='BuckFush187']^^ False. Georgia provoked the war with russia. It was Georgia that busted a sneak attack on South Ossetia, with the Backing of America and Israel.[/QUOTE]

That's like saying we provoked a war with Russia because we attacked Alaska after they want to separate from the union.

Thanks for the highlights. Things happen so fast it's hard to understand everything. Wikipedia is great but sometimes there's just too much detail to get a basic overview of what's happening.

Let's hope this ends soon, 'cause Georgia will get pwnzored.

bread's done
Back