Can we buy xbox arcade titles from amazon.com?

Nope, and don't even bother having a southern friend or relative relay a code for you because, supposedly, the codes are region protected.

Fortunately, there's a possibility of this coming up north
I needs me some half-priced Geometry Wars 2, N+ and Trigger Heart Exelica dammit!

[quote name='poiuiu']Nope, and don't even bother having a southern friend or relative relay a code for you because, supposedly, the codes are region protected.[/quote]
Even if this was the case, all you have to do is create an American account and dl the games from there. Once they are on the system any account can play them.

You guys sure? While I realise my source is from a friend from a friend type of thing, but a CND 360 tried a download code and the marketplace wouldn't let him download it.

I'd love to be wrong tho.

Oh fark me.

Code doesn't work for Canadians.

From Amazon and I quote:

Quote:
Xbox LIVE® System Requirements with Xbox 360® system: In available games, LIVE Gold subscription required for online multiplayer; some LIVE services and downloads may require additional hardware and/or fees. LIVE is not available in all countries, visit www.xbox.com/live/countries for more information. Features and system requirements may change without notice. Subject to Terms of Use (at www.xbox.com/live/termsofuse). Broadband Internet service, Xbox 360 hard drive or 256 MB memory unit or greater required (sold separately). Hard drive recommended, and is required for some features. Some broadband services may not work with LIVE and performance may vary. Under 13 requires parental consent. See www.xbox.com/live for full details. Valid in the 50 U.S. States, D.C., and Puerto Rico.
Source.

Sucks too. I hate how they have the points system set up in Canada. I'd much prefer buying XBLA games from Amazon.

Who cares where its valid...just make a new account. The only one that actually would matter would be gold subs.

They do work, I've used a Doom and Worms code that I bought at Target in the US and I have a plain old Canadian account.

It should be ok but I'd be careful buying any of the codes from Amazon. It seems lately Microsoft is adding some extra checks, I've had 2 arcade games now not work on my 360s because I bought it with a US region gamertag. I got an error message that my IP was not in the correct country, or something to that effect. I do remember trying to download a xbox original game from my US gamertag, and it would not allow it.

I have family and friends in the US who keep sending me xbox live points cards and the only way to use them is to apply them to my US gamertag that I made specifically for this reason.

No.
I cannot get this to work. I bought DOOM off amazon, it won't let me register the game on my main profile or the new profile I created with USA as the home country.

The codes work here (or at least they used to, I bought GTA DLC from .com and it worked), but according to amazon.com you need a U.S. billing address to purchase the codes.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know if they changed anything or Amazon's codes are special, but back with the Fable 2 Pub Games I got a US code from Gamestop and it worked fine on my Canadian profile.

It would be good to have a definite answer to this though

[quote name='Dakinggamer']It worked for me.. I bought it for Pac-Man CE was $5 instead of $10 and code worked fine..:cool:[/quote]

This is odd, I bought Doom during the same sale and it won't work. Says it's not available in my region even after I put in the code and it says I'm entitled to the full game. I don't know what you're doing differently but I'd love to find out. If it matters, I bought my xbox in the states and bought my live card in Canada. Making a USA account doesn't fix the problem.

How did you purchase the game? I tried buying doom earlier using a us address but it seems to recognize my canadian IP and wouldnt let me buy it.

[quote name='doctor_payne13']He's from California, not Canada.[/quote]

my question was directed at vicous who lives in oakville and was able to purchase the game off of amazon.com. I am unable to purchase it from amazon.com due to a "wrong region" error message.

No clue Killmak. I'm American, so my account information is all American as well. I wasn't behind a proxy or anything when I bought it, and yes I bought it from my home in Oakville.

And Dakinggamer, thanks for nothing.

Your Amazon and Xbox Live accounts are both American?

If so, that explains it.

Hopefully Amazon.ca will begin offering XBLA titles.

My bad, I explained that poorly.

My live account was created in Canada with a Canadian live card, but my Amazon.com account and shipping address is American. Very confusing, I wish there was a workaround. I ended up just giving Doom to a friend of mine.

[quote name='vicious7171']My bad, I explained that poorly.

My live account was created in Canada with a Canadian live card, but my Amazon.com account and shipping address is American. Very confusing, I wish there was a workaround. I ended up just giving Doom to a friend of mine.[/quote]

The only reason I am trying to purchase doom is so that I can spend some time trying to figure out a workaround.

bread's done
Back