Can we talk about the baby boomers?

[quote name='dohdough']Sure, but you really haven't argued anything at all with any effort and only made vague comments about how shitty Obama is. I'm curious as to what you think he's done or should do.[/QUOTE]

Passing anything without going through congress is one thing.

[quote name='camoor']Which ones?[/QUOTE]

Non-PIIGS Europe, so yes, including Germany.

Check the US's vacation stats, hours per year stats, and paid vacation/sick leave/parental leave, and other nations'.

[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']Passing anything without going through congress is one thing.[/QUOTE]
You must be referring to the recent immigration thing. Did you know that Reagan did the same thing except that he took it a step further and granted amnesty? Execute Orders are also not something out of the ordinary when every president for the last 100 years made a few hundred each term.

What else?

edit: What I really want to know is if you have anything of substance.

[quote name='dohdough']You must be referring to the recent immigration thing. Did you know that Reagan did the same thing except that he took it a step further and granted amnesty? Execute Orders are also not something out of the ordinary when every president for the last 100 years made a few hundred each term.

What else?

edit: What I really want to know is if you have anything of substance.[/QUOTE]

:roll: try again skippy...:roll:

edit: hint.... act? bill? congress? different?
hellooo not the same thing at all.

Last edited:
[quote name='Pliskin101']:roll: try again skippy...:roll:

edit: hint.... act? bill? congress? different?
hellooo not the same thing at all.[/QUOTE]
Shit...it took you that long to do a wiki search?

Either way, it's a pedantic point. If it's about executive orders, then it's not unique to Obama and if it's about immigration, that's not unique to Obama either. The combination of the executive order in relation to immigration doesn't somehow double the bad. Acting as if everything would be peachy if it went through Congress is blatantly dishonest, so why bother even pretending that it's a procedural issue when we all know it isn't.

[quote name='dohdough']Shit...it took you that long to do a wiki search?

[/QUOTE]

Wiki search? LOL. I actually met Reagan and was ALIVE and older then a toddler when the ACT was PASSED.

Spin it twist it DD it just shows how stupid you are and in the same post you attack the poster you were replying to for SUBSTANCE all the while you are spouting off a total lie and BS. LOL nice "substance".

Carry on...with your sick self dohdough....:drool:

[quote name='Pliskin101']Wiki search? LOL. I actually met Reagan and was ALIVE and older then a toddler when the ACT was PASSED.

Spin it twist it DD it just shows how stupid you are and in the same post you attack the poster you were replying to for SUBSTANCE all the while you are spouting off a total lie and BS. LOL nice "substance".

Carry on...with your sick self dohdough....:drool:[/QUOTE]
WOW. So you understood the legislative process and all the nuances of that law as a toddler and are able to make a nuanced comparison with Obama's executive order as an adult? Or maybe it's more like neither because you resort to insults and the most superficial points. Or maybe, we're all just unworthy of your superior intellect and reasoning skills. I'm betting on the former.

Considering your lack of knowledge and diction, it's no surprise that you can't even conceptualize what a substantive argument is and have to resort to child-like arguments and reasoning.

[quote name='nixmahn']Baby Boomers are out of touch, they don't realize the forces and happenings around them. They did not realize the advantages around them and claim the world was theirs because of their achievements when it was impossible for them not to fail. They don't realize that conditions that allowed their prosperity are long gone.

There is a difference between a wise elder and an absolute geizer. In the asian culture the elder are praised for their sheparding of the young with their wisedom. Many of the baby boomers are just old geizers waiting around for their medicare, SS, and trying to cashout of any other ponzi scheme available to them. Wise elders within the Baby Boomer group are rare.

Old people can do that too, so by your logic they are complaining just for complaining and should just STFU.[/QUOTE]Old white men complain about more shit than I've ever heard, I mean they complain about every damn thing. What kills me the most though is when they start in with people they see as being lazier than them. To have them tell you, they worked their asses off with no advantages at all, neither direct or indirect advantages. It's absolute bullshit.

[quote name='dohdough']WOW. So you understood the legislative process and all the nuances of that law as a toddler and are able to make a nuanced comparison with Obama's executive order as an adult? Or maybe it's more like neither because you resort to insults and the most superficial points. Or maybe, we're all just unworthy of your superior intellect and reasoning skills. I'm betting on the former.

Considering your lack of knowledge and diction, it's no surprise that you can't even conceptualize what a substantive argument is and have to resort to child-like arguments and reasoning.[/QUOTE]
If you'd stop communicating with his stupid ass we'd probably be rid of him by now.

[quote name='elessar123']Non-PIIGS Europe, so yes, including Germany.

Check the US's vacation stats, hours per year stats, and paid vacation/sick leave/parental leave, and other nations'.[/QUOTE]

Well you can easily blame the PIGS countries (and I'm sure you will) but the fact remains that Germany's economy is at it's worst in over a decade.

All that hard work by Americans does contribute to a stronger economy. If we could stop Wall Street from running scams we'd be flying high.

It's true though, Americans work more hours than other comparable countries. I'm going to go out on a limb, and I may be completely wrong, but I'll bet we suffer more stress related health problems too. I don't know how people don't use all their vacation time. Even if it's just sitting at home for a week, that's your time you're not using.

[quote name='camoor']Well you can easily blame the PIGS countries (and I'm sure you will) but the fact remains that Germany's economy is at it's worst in over a decade.

All that hard work by Americans does contribute to a stronger economy. If we could stop Wall Street from running scams we'd be flying high.[/QUOTE]

And the American economy is at it's highest in ten years, is it?

And Wall Street causing the working American's economic troubles still go back to exactly what I said in an earlier post, so what's your point?

1990, so stuck in the middle of the Y generation. My opinion on the matter of us as 'entitled' is that we're simply more open-minded and questoining than our Get'r done, work-your-ass-off-but-not-really-parents. Here's something: When you were coming up in your degree or whatever higher education you got, how many times did you have a boomer giving you consternation to be ready to compete in a 'growing global economy'? We realize our times are more rat-racey than arguably ever before, and we've learned to live with less and just be happy, which seems like idiocy to our fuck-all-cash-grab-is-all-that-matters parents. Do we fight back when we feel the odds are stacked untolerably against us? Yeah. If that's entitled, I'm a fucking Lohan. I have hope for our kids, who we can hopefully teach competent values to without their boomer grandparents.

bread's done
Back