Can you install MS Office 2007 on multiple computers?

J7.

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
Can I buy one copy and install it on more than 1 computer, how many? Also, is this a good price $77 + $6 shipping?

Does Open Office always work perfectly fine 100% of the time? I don't mind paying for the real stuff if it means I won't have any worries.

[quote name='J7.']Wow, what is the shipping on that? So I just have to see if I am eligible, I wonder what the requirements are.[/QUOTE]

it says you download it

[quote name='Oktoberfest']it says you download it[/quote]
Oh if its a download then I'd rather just pay the $20 extra or so for the hard copy.

[quote name='Oktoberfest']alright I'm just gonna ask it (cause this is how I am and I'm sure others are thinking it)

How resell-able is this?[/quote]

It's a download...I don't know how many people are going to trust buying a download that you obtained.

Unless they have a hard copy version that I am unaware of. I know they promised it long ago (when I got mine), but they didn't have it up.

I picked up Vista Office Ultimate and Vista Ultimate through the Ultimate Steal a previous poster mentioned. Both are pretty good deals. The Office Ultimate allows you to download and then burn to a DVD and/or order an official M$ DVD for $13 extra. I did both. I've had no problems installing or running Office. Sure there are free versions of Office at this point, but if you have the money and are a small, small business or a student this is an excellent deal.

Windows Vista Ultimate has been a major pain in the ass though. The only provided one Exe and no access to the other files. The have already refunded 50% of my purchase price. Again I purchased the official DVD for $13. I'm hoping to be able to use this "upgrade" version as a full version as has been the case with Vista since it was released. So essentially I got Vista Ultimate for $45 with the DVD after they refunded 50% of the purchase price. To me that is a great deal assuming I'll be able to use it to install on my next PC.

[quote name='J7.']$77 from Costco (hard copy). Is that worth reselling?[/quote]

Your original question was whether or not you could install Office on multiple computers. Now, you want to know if that's worth reselling.

So, you are planning on putting Office on your PC (or PC's), and then selling it off?

[quote name='Rig']Your original question was whether or not you could install Office on multiple computers. Now, you want to know if that's worth reselling.

So, you are planning on putting Office on your PC (or PC's), and then selling it off?[/quote]
No. My family needs Office, so I need to know if I can install it on more than 1 computer. How many can you install it on? I am not going to resell it because I will always want to have the disk for future use. I was just wondering if it is worth reselling at that price because others said it was worth to resell at the $55 download price. If I did resell the program, which I 99.9% probably never will, I would buy it and resell it in new condition unopened.

Does anyone know if you can install MS Office 2007 on multiple computers and how many? Please reply asap. Thank you.

I believe the regular retail license allows you to install on 2 computers. Not sure about the academic version, but if its like most any other NFR (not for resale) software, it will only be for 1.

The home and student version from Costco can be activated on up to 3 machines, so 3 computers. The ultimatesteal.com license is good for 1 desktop and 1 laptop, and you can transfer the license to another coputer once every 90 days. Since both of these are not designed for resale, selling them will be in violation of the EULA and may void your license and put you at risk for criminal prosicution. If you want to get a couple of friends to chip in a few bucks and get the costco version, that should work, although you may not be able to activate it if you ever change it over to a new computer.

ps-if the OP is a college student, you may be able to get it either cheaper than any of the other options or even free from your school. Check with the IT department.

If your computer needs to be reformated or anything of that sort and you need to reinstall the software, will it let you do so if you have already put it on 3 machines? Can you reinstall it on the same computers as many times as you want?

You will need to call MS to activate it once you have done you 3 online activations, so if you already have it on 3 machines, you will need to remove it on one before you can install on another. As for reinstalling it on the same computer, you still may need to call MS to activate once you initial 3 activations are done.

Bottom line-if you need it on more than three computers and dont want to pony up for the licenses, just run open office.

I have never had a problem getting the people on the phone to activate my copy of office 2003. It has been installed on all my computers at home multiple times. I have called roughly 10 times since I used up my online activations. I do hold my breath everytime I call though.

As others have said open office is just as good as MS and its free.

A retail copy of office allows install on up to three computers. An OEM version is cheaper but only allows one.

and open office? Even for a free office program it's pure fail.

[quote name='uli2000']You will need to call MS to activate it once you have done you 3 online activations, so if you already have it on 3 machines, you will need to remove it on one before you can install on another. As for reinstalling it on the same computer, you still may need to call MS to activate once you initial 3 activations are done.

Bottom line-if you need it on more than three computers and dont want to pony up for the licenses, just run open office.[/quote]
I should've been more precise, I was just wondering about installing it on 3 machines multiple times, i.e. reinstalling on the same computers. In the past I remember being able to use the same disc to reinstall Office as many times as I needed to (both Office 97 & 2003). Thanks for your help!

It has the same licensing as 2003, so you can put it on multiple computers multiple times you just might end up having to call it in.

bread's done
Back