Can you name this game?

bllybbjon

CAG Veteran
Hey guys, I'm wondering if anyone can recall this game that I played awhile ago:
I cant recall the title or who made this game but here's my description. If you can figure it out or recall what it is, i am forever grateful.

It's a 3-d Action/Strategy game.
It came bundled with an old Compaq Presario Laptop, so it must have come out between 1998 and 2002.

The premise of the game was that you started the level with a big base (positioned over a resource geyser?) to spawn tanks. You gave the spawned tanks orders to take objectives/attack enemy/movement orders. You also had the option to drive a tank in first person to fight and could rotate personal/AI control between all your spawned tanks, kinda like the ghost recon games with your squad. Taking certain objectives on a map gave you the ability to spawn better tanks and even jets/helicopters. Once you completed a level you moved on to another level keeping your tech level for tanks/aircraft you acquired from previous levels.

It was a real 3-d battlefield and fairly good graphics for the time. I appreciate any help on this matter. Thank you for your time, and have a fun day.

bill... 8^)

[quote name='Sacsquash']I'm thinking Battlezone or Battlezone 2[/quote]

Yea I was thinking the same exact thing reading his description.

It's similar to battlezone 1 and 2, but neither. I remember the game had a sci-fi futuristic feel, but the vehicle designs (at least the early ones) had modern looks.

I.e. the light tank was tracked and looked more like a Russian BMP. The main battle tanks looked more like an upgraded abrams or T-80s. The jets were kinda like F-16s and F-14 tomcats, with futuristic/upgraded designs.

Gameplay i think has the same concept as Battlezone. You had a strategic 3rd person perspective, commanding the mass of units (w/ limited AI) you spawn, but you can manually control any unit you spawn in 1st person perspective.

Thanks for your help though. I don't think its a big-name game, since it came bundled with a Compaq Presario Laptop (and Win98 i think, or maybe ME that i downgraded to 98, i cant remember)...

[quote name='mguiddy']Urban Assault?[/quote]

Hmmm... never played it, sounds interesting though especially if it's similar to Battlezone.

bread's done
Back