Can you recommend some DS RPGs?

SuxoR

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Hey guys I've been dying to get a new game for the DS (last was Pokemon Pearl)
I usually finish my DS games fast since I have a lot of bus commutes and things like that so I wanna get another RPG

What do you guys recommend? And maybe a bit of details about the game

Thanks

Rondo of Swords
Legend of Zelda: The Phantom Hourglass
Luminous Arc
The World Ends With You
Disgaea DS
Sonic The Dark Brotherhood Chronicles
......list goes on

I've played through FF 3 and 4

Hmm I was thinking about Phantom Hourglass but I don't wanna beat it and never play it again

How are the others good? Have you played them all?

not an RPG recommendation but Brand Age 2 has been great to start my mornings off. I sounds lame to some ppl but it's really pretty addictive and also comes with Virus Buster. Even if you only play it for the minimum it asks of 2-3 brain exercises per day it's a lot of fun.

Chrono Trigger
The World Ends With You
Phantom Hourglass
Dragon Quest IV (V is coming shortly)
Sonic The Dark Brotherhood Chronicles

...I have heard good things about Rune Factory but I've never played it myself.

I want to say DQ4 or Etrian Odyssey but they aren't really a quick pick up and play games. Yes OP can just close the DS but he might not play again for hours, enough to forget some key plot (or quest for ET) events for those game. With Disgaea DS there's nothing to forget. Well even if you do you can just look over every chracter on the map.

In addition to the things already mentioned (though I want to make a negative mention for Phantom Hourglass, the control method is just stupid and makes a tedious game more annoying...and I generally love Zelda), I'd throw out Final Fantasy Tactics A2.

Of the ones mentioned, I've played:
Dragon Quest IV
Final Fantasy III
Final Fantasy IV
Etrian Odyssey
Etrian Odyssey II
Final Fantasy Tactics A2
Disgaea
The World Ends With You (I hated it, but I know I'm in the minority)
Zelda: Phantom Hourglass (a travesty in the genre)

And Chronotrigger is what I'll be playing after I finish off DQ IV.

/tk

D'oh, how could I forget Pokemon Diamond or Pearl?!?

There's also the Mario & Luigi game, Partners in Time (not a traditional RPG, but still)?

And all the GBA RPG's if you can find them, including Final Fantasy I, II, V, VI..

/tk

[quote name='SuxoR']I've played through FF 3 and 4

Hmm I was thinking about Phantom Hourglass but I don't wanna beat it and never play it again

How are the others good? Have you played them all?[/QUOTE]

I love the Zelda series and have played every single Zelda game, but I could not get into Phantom Hourglass. I really disliked using the stylus to move Link, use the sword, roll etc. The only cool use of the stylus was the ability to mark the map with notes/drawings. Maybe someday I'll give it another shot, but it's really not that good.

[quote name='Squarehard']I don't believe I have seen anyone mention Contact yet, and if you were an Earthbound fan, it is a must have on the DS.[/quote]

Oooh good call, I forgot about this one. Probably because it's not in my collection right now, as I loaned it to a friend.

/tk

[quote name='keithp']Dragon Quest IV is great. I'm playing through it right now and enjoying the hell out of it.[/QUOTE]

I will echo this statement.

Thanks for all the posts

Man Dragon Quest looks good but I never got into it, is it FF like?

I loved Tactics one >.< How come part 2 is bad?

What about Age of Empires? Hmm I love the series but heh it looks slow and kinda boring, can anyone vouch for it?

[quote name='SuxoR']Thanks for all the posts

Man Dragon Quest looks good but I never got into it, is it FF like?

I loved Tactics one >.< How come part 2 is bad?

What about Age of Empires? Hmm I love the series but heh it looks slow and kinda boring, can anyone vouch for it?[/quote]

Dragon Quest is more like Final Fantasy III and IV as far as the classic RPG battle system is concerned, so you may or may not enjoy it as much. I love the classic type of RPG battle systems so I would highly recommend if you are a fan of it, but it is nothing like Tactics. If you wanted a game like tactics you should just get Disgaea or even Hoshigami Remix (Not a very long game), but definitely recommend Disgaea if you have never played it before on other systems, otherwise it is just monotonous.

Chrono Trigger is a must play. It's a port but if you've never played it before you should definitely get it.

[quote name='Vinny']Chrono Trigger is a must play. It's a port but if you've never played it before you should definitely get it.[/quote]

I wish there was a good deal on CT, but alas I have yet to run into a good one.

[quote name='Squarehard']I wish there was a good deal on CT, but alas I have yet to run into a good one.[/quote]

$40 is a good deal :)

bread's done
Back