Can you use PS2 Singstar discs on a PS3?

James in VA

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I have a launch PS3 and a few PS3 Singstar games. I found at Target the game Singstar Queen for PS2. I know my console is backwards compatible generally speaking but I'm not sure if this game will work on my PS3 using the PS3 Singstar mics. I'd like to know before I open the Queen game since it is still returnable.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Yes. If your PS3 is backwards campatable, you can just play the PS2 singstar games on their own with the Singstar mics. Even if your PS3 couldn't play PS2 discs, you can switch discs through the Singstar interface and access the songs on the PS2 disc.

[quote name='kdunn77']Yes. If your PS3 is backwards campatable, you can just play the PS2 singstar games on their own with the Singstar mics. Even if your PS3 couldn't play PS2 discs, you can switch discs through the Singstar interface and access the songs on the PS2 disc.[/QUOTE]

Thanks! :D

Anyone know if there is a big difference between the PS2 and PS3 versions of the same Singstar titles? Should a CAG save the $ and search out the PS2 bargains?

If you use disc swap to play a PS2 Singstar, you will have the PS3 interface, though I'm pretty sure the ability to upload media from a song off the disc will be disabled.
PS3 versions also have extra songs. The video quality is the same.

bread's done
Back