(CANADA) Batman: Arkham Asylum Xbox360/PS3 $38.83 @ Walmart Aug 25th!

sinath

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
XBOX360 http://walmart.ca/Canada-FeaturedPa...853&departmentId=183&categoryId=1082&tabId=22
PS3 http://walmart.ca/Canada-FeaturedPa...725&departmentId=180&categoryId=1024&tabId=22
servletimagedownload
servletimagedownload

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, that's an awesome price!

Is that just a one day price or something? And is that also a pre-order price?

Should be available in store, but they may run out. However, they do have an exclusive armour for pre-orders (that may or may not just be unlocked when you beat the game anyways, but still not a bad bonus)

Whoa, and I was happy to have it pre-ordered at amazon for $54. That's an insane price. I know where I'll be bright and early on the 25th.

man, the low prices are on early this year! Killzone 2 was 29.99. Infamous was 29.99, and now batman is 38 bucks!

well, too bad i'm not interested in the game :lol: people who want it, or people who just want it becuz its cheap, good luck getting it!

I am slightly worried about all the good deals for this game. I am hoping that delays + good deals doesn't equal crappy game. I liked the demo and it is getting good reviews, so the good pricing may be because of all the lackluster Batman games in the past.

[quote name='foxmcloud']I went to Walmart to pre-order it and they said they don't accept pre-order for the game[/QUOTE]
Ugh, that's what I was afraid of. I was hoping they would just have pre-order boxes on the shelf. Instead I'll have to ask a clerk about it and get a blank stare and then ".........ummmm is that for wii?"

[quote name='Griptor']Wow, why the low price?

I'm definitely considering this now, despite my backlog...[/QUOTE]

So people can't buy them from other places and return without a receipt for some good ching :razz:

[quote name='Bloodbooger']Boo! I didn't see this was on the regional forum. It'd be nice to order at $38, and set up an in-store picj up in California.[/QUOTE]

i did the same thing -.-

I'll probably buy the game at walmart now and change my preorder at EB to Halo 3 ODST. Hope it doesn't sell out, if it does I hope they'll at least give me a rain check.

I saw a commercial last night advertising this so I assumed it was American, but now that I know it's Canadian that's awesome.

Sweet... I liked the demo, especially how the people from Batman: The animated series, reprise their roles in the game. Plus Gameinformer gave it a 9.5!

I'll wait for a few more reviews first, still at that price it might be worth buying. I'll go over to the 24 hour Wal-Mart to play it safe. The demo was good but not great and I'm not really into Batman.

Is it me or does that website I won't mention seem to cater to a younger demographic that gets their allowances from their parents and like to substitute "you" for "u" and "You;re" for "ur"?

Do you guys think they'll wise up and raise the price back up? Because if not, I'll even camp out overnight for that price....

[quote name='saiftk']Do you guys think they'll wise up and raise the price back up? Because if not, I'll even camp out overnight for that price....[/QUOTE]

This isnt an error or anything, its advertised in the next flyer and on xbox live.

[quote name='saiftk']Do you guys think they'll wise up and raise the price back up? Because if not, I'll even camp out overnight for that price....[/QUOTE]

I just saw a scan from next weeks flyer (aug 21-27) and it's listed as $38.83, so it's definitely gonna be that price.

Just a warning When I went to WM to preorder, they said they couldn't do preorders because they didn't get their preorder 'kits' yet. EB won't match, but YMMV. FS said they would match, but wouldn't take the preorder til their flyer comes out with it :p Laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaame!

[quote name='Kekumba']Yeah, might want to edit Canada into the title here.

Great deal, though.[/QUOTE]

its in the canada forum thread lol

[quote name='lilboo']Oh damnit! You Canadians are such whores! :bomb:[/QUOTE]
I'll trade you this deal for the "buy guitar hero 5 get guitar hero: van halen for free" deal (usa only).

[quote name='lustyhitter']I'll wait for a few more reviews first, still at that price it might be worth buying. I'll go over to the 24 hour Wal-Mart to play it safe. The demo was good but not great and I'm not really into Batman.[/QUOTE]

Where is the 24 hour one? I've never been. You think they'd sell the game as it hits midnight?

And yeah I found the demo to be "good," not great, but apparently (and I realize they say this about every demo) it doesn't fully reflect the full game. Plus, as a (rising) 3D modeler, those 3D model trophies in the game are something I was really impressed with...I'll get the game at 40 if only to use it as inspiration :lol:

[quote name='Griptor']Where is the 24 hour one? I've never been. You think they'd sell the game as it hits midnight?

And yeah I found the demo to be "good," not great, but apparently (and I realize they say this about every demo) it doesn't fully reflect the full game. Plus, as a (rising) 3D modeler, those 3D model trophies in the game are something I was really impressed with...I'll get the game at 40 if only to use it as inspiration :lol:[/QUOTE]

The 24 hour Wal-Mart is at South Keys. There might be others.

They might or might not sell it. It's worth a visit just to see. I'm not dying for this game but the price can't be beat for CAGers and it looks like it could be a great one.

of course the 25th falls on a day shift for me...7am-7pm...what are the odds they'll still have copies where I am after 7pm??

bah I guess I'll have to go get aprice match for this one

Aw damn it.

I suddenly feel like I spent a LOT more money to get a batarang. May change my CE pre-order and just pick up the standalone game for $40 here

[quote name='CdnArmy33']Wow that's an amazing deal. Its $69 at future shop, best buy and EB![/QUOTE]

Hopefully when they see the horde of people lining up to get the game, some of them will reduce the price for one day for Wolfenstein and other upcoming games.

[quote name='saiftk']Hopefully when they see the horde of people lining up to get the game, some of them will reduce the price for one day for Wolfenstein and other upcoming games.[/QUOTE]

More like when they take the hit from the horde of people PMing it at their stores.

Yeah, Wal-Marts aren't exactly known for getting in tons of copies of new games. Best bet for everyone who wants to take advantage is to hit up somewhere else and PM it.

No lines that way too!

[quote name='TripleQ']More like when they take the hit from the horde of people PMing it at their stores.[/QUOTE]

I've never done Price Matching. What do I need? Who does it?

[quote name='TripleQ']More like when they take the hit from the horde of people PMing it at their stores.[/QUOTE]

Actually, if I were FS/BB/EB, I would take the hit, because I don't believe the number of people PM'ing will exceed the number of people that will buy it at $70. Plus, a lot more people will just buy it at Wal-Mart.

For price matching, you need a website printout or paper flyer.. Futureshop, Bestbuy and Walmart are the large chains that do price matches. Zellers might (my local store has a sign up saying they do not PM electronics - wonder why, RFD?), EB generally does not, and I think Toys R Us does.

Rumour heard today: EB might be doing something to match this price.

bread's done
Back