(CANADA) Batman: Arkham Asylum Xbox360/PS3 $38.83 @ Walmart Aug 25th!

sinath

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
XBOX360 http://walmart.ca/Canada-FeaturedPa...853&departmentId=183&categoryId=1082&tabId=22
PS3 http://walmart.ca/Canada-FeaturedPa...725&departmentId=180&categoryId=1024&tabId=22
servletimagedownload
servletimagedownload

Last edited by a moderator:
Man I hope you're right about EB TripleQ, I'm going to try and switch up this pre-order just in case (preferably when the Manager isn't around :D)

EB is lowering their price too, it's going to be $39.99. Lots of people are preordering it to avoid not getting it on the release date.

Are they still doing the 20% bonus TIV for it? That would be pretty hot. I wish I had done something like trade in some games for 20% bonus TIV @ 69.99.. then gotten the difference back!

Called one of my local EB's, the clerk was extremely helpful, too! Sounds like they will be matching it, but he's not too sure on the minute details given the lack of information on the deal. I'm hoping to change my pre-order to another T3 title, and pick up Batman from EB/FS/BB/WM for the cheaper price.

[quote name='TripleQ']Are they still doing the 20% bonus TIV for it? That would be pretty hot. I wish I had done something like trade in some games for 20% bonus TIV @ 69.99.. then gotten the difference back![/QUOTE]

I totally forgot about that promotion. I've had the Bigs 2 sitting around for a while now and was planning on buying Batman:AA from Walmart, but for $7.99 EB games would be the way to go. I'm planning on going later today and I'll let you know if the 20% still applies at $39.99.

[quote name='Apollo Creed']Confirmed. Pre-ordered this morning at EB.[/QUOTE]

Me, too. Did it this morning. I'd rather give my money to EB than Wal-Mart.

[quote name='lustyhitter']Me, too. Did it this morning. I'd rather give my money to EB than Wal-Mart.[/QUOTE]

haha really ? both are horrible for different reasons in my opinion.

[quote name='iag25']haha really ? both are horrible for different reasons in my opinion.[/QUOTE]

Well, at least I know the people at the EB I frequent. I'll agree that EB is not perfect, especially the mall locations.

[quote name='lustyhitter']Me, too. Did it this morning. I'd rather give my money to EB than Wal-Mart.[/QUOTE]
Funny, the same exact thought ran through my head as I was completing the purchase.

So is EB just selling pre-orders to everyone at $39.99 or do you have to mention Wal-mart or show them a flyer or what? And has anyone done this at the Toronto Eaton Centre location yet? Thanks for the info.

[quote name='Afrodiziak']My EB wouldn't let me change up my Trade 3 so hopefully I can swing a return for credit/repurchase.[/QUOTE]

I am glad that I switched my T3G1F pre-order yesterday while it was still listed @ $69.99. The should let you return it unopened and buy it at the sale price though. If not you can try to return it to another EB.

The Eb I went to in Guelph on Clairfield said that they were waiting for Walmart to confirm that they were actually selling it for $39.99 on day 1 before EB could start doing the same. She pretty much said "come back in a couple of days and I'm sure we will be selling it for the same as Walmart."

Switched my preorder yesturday to Uncharted 2. Guy didn't believe Batman was going to be so cheap.

Went in today, after seeing this thread, and asked if I could preorder Batman. $39.25 is the price on my receipt. Such an awesome deal.

Okay, so it sounds like that's just the regular price now... no need to ask about matching? I might pre-order. Were they giving out codes for that scarecrow challenge room pre-order bonus?

So much for PMing.. on twitter Best Buy just confirmed Batman price of $38.83 (where'd the number come from?) Aug 25-27. Presumably Futureshop will also be doing this.

[quote name='iag25']haha really ? both are horrible for different reasons in my opinion.[/QUOTE]

Yeah but;

Company that indirectly rapes and pillages just about every third world workforce in existence through aggressive policies and killing the North American small business and just stomping its way to the bank...

Or a company that just has policies that YOU don't like?

But here's not the place for that discussion.

[quote name='Afrodiziak']Best Buy is also giving away a free strategy guide with it.[/QUOTE]

O_O!! Gasp! Really!? Is that a full-on Bradygames guide or just some crappy booklet like EB had with the Indiana Jones?

It seems like Best Buy likes giving out guides, they did this with Infamous too no?

I have this preordered at EB via a Trade 3 from a few months ago... Will they give me the differences back in money/credit?

[quote name='sposhead']I have this preordered at EB via a Trade 3 from a few months ago... Will they give me the differences back in money/credit?[/QUOTE]

I dont think so.

also has anyone mentioned that also at EB you can do the trade in towards batman and get 20% extra credit.

I think it depends; if you paid $69.99 to pre-order, you'll get credit/cash back; if you did a T3, you might get nothing, since the maximum value of the game can be $69.99, and in no way are they obligated to give you any money back, since you gave no money to begin with. I hope I'm wrong, though!

edit: Ranzo beat me to it, and he would know more than I!

[quote name='game_fanatic']I think it depends; if you paid $69.99 to pre-order, you'll get credit/cash back; if you did a T3, you might get nothing, since the maximum value of the game can be $69.99, and in no way are they obligated to give you any money back, since you gave no money to begin with. I hope I'm wrong, though!

edit: Ranzo beat me to it, and he would know more than I![/QUOTE]
You can be like grappos on RFD and bitch at the EB clerks to get T3 credit back though! Man that guy seems like a bigger scammer than klepto. Almost.

[quote name='game_fanatic']I think it depends; if you paid $69.99 to pre-order, you'll get credit/cash back; if you did a T3, you might get nothing, since the maximum value of the game can be $69.99, and in no way are they obligated to give you any money back, since you gave no money to begin with. I hope I'm wrong, though!

edit: Ranzo beat me to it, and he would know more than I![/QUOTE]

I asked an EB employee today and they just said I would be able to put the difference towards another release...

no credit refund though. YMMV i guess?

[quote name='Jbently']You can be like grappos on RFD and bitch at the EB clerks to get T3 credit back though! Man that guy seems like a bigger scammer than klepto. Almost.[/QUOTE]

Exactly, by far the worst on there (worse then klepto is now imho). And hes got to brag about how he does that with x number of copies virtually every day.

[quote name='zoro69']Exactly, by far the worst on there (worse then klepto is now imho). And hes got to brag about how he does that with x number of copies virtually every day.[/QUOTE]

isnt there some baloney guy who was clearing out blockbuster stores?

Ok to clear up some things, I know the EB guys at my store pretty well(hell ive had hour long conversations with them about games) just cause the guys at the one where I go too at least know there stuff and are up to date on everything. Pretty much what is going on is that the $38.83 or whatever it is, is a 1 DAY ONLY pricing. After the first intial day of Batman, the pricing for all the stores is going back to $69.99. EB already had it changed in there computer that there copies of Batman were $38.83. So if your gonna get it, get it the first day it comes out. The places that seem to be doing this however is EB, Wal-Mart, Futureshop and Best Buy but all for the first day. Pretty much how this happened was Best Buy made a typo about Batman being $39.99 in the there flyer, and Wal-Mart as they always are making the lower price even if its .20 cents, put there copy of Batman to $38.83, and plasterd it at the stores and everything, pretty much making it clear of the price. Since EB and the other stores dont want to lose business(as other customers were going to Wal-Mart and canceling pre orders at EB) they put there price to the same thing. Unforantly though, the limited edition is still the same price as before. I hope this clears things up, just do your best to get the copy first day if you had your hopes on this game.

Can anyone tell me if the EBs in Canada have been offering the Scarecrow pre-order bonus? That's one thing that'll get me to purchase at EB over BB. Thanks.

Most TIVs for new release games at EB are $40, meaning you'd buy a game for $38.83 + tax, then trade it in for $40 on EDGE? It would make it a cheap rental, assuming the TIV actually does reach the $40 mark.

[quote name='Jbently']You can be like grappos on RFD and bitch at the EB clerks to get T3 credit back though! Man that guy seems like a bigger scammer than klepto. Almost.[/QUOTE]

The clerk was probably new, anyone working more than 2-3 weeks knows; Trade credit is NEVER refunded if it's a trade 3 (unless it's a GG), it's just moved to something else.

I hate it when RFD gets a hold of a newbie clerks somewhere, they cackle like a bunch of hyenas. Hyenas with no jobs.

I've got it ordered via T3. I'll stop in on my way home tonight and see how they deal with this kind of thing; worst case I'll just move it over to something else and pre-order Arkham straight up, at that price. I'll let you all know how it goes.

fuck, I REALLY want that batarang and stuff... but it's SO not worth $60 for that collector's... what do you guys think?

I think you're right kathos, $60 is a boatload for the extras; I'm in the same boat, the diary and batarang are really kick ass, and would've been worth the extra $30, but an extra $60 is hefty; you could get Batman: AA and another new-release game for almost the same price! Another problem is how "limited" it will actually be; could be a Legendary Edition, or it could be a PS3 SFIV Limited Edition, ya know?

[quote name='kathos']fuck, I REALLY want that batarang and stuff... but it's SO not worth $60 for that collector's... what do you guys think?[/QUOTE]

I was in the same boat, but let's face it, $60 more for a piece of plastic that will just take up space, a extra booklet that has already been scanned and is available online, a making of dvd that will most likely be put up on youtube, and a cardboard digipak case instead of a hard plastic one makes the decision easy.

The only thing is the Crime Alley map, but that says 'available immediately' implying that it can most likely be unlocked during gameplay.

I'll be changing my preorder to the standard version today.

I was going to do the T3 deal at rogers plus to get this as it's much closer than EB. I'm glad they said to bring the games in on release day or I would have missed this. Traded in the 3 games at EB and got enough credit for batman with some to spare.

Before I went to EB I called and asked about the price of batman just to be sure and they said it was going to be a "special price" but couldn't say what it was. When i asked if they were matching the walmart price, they pretty much said yeah that's it.

Well I went to my local EB today, and the extremely helpful clerk working yesterday was working this morning as well; changed my T3 pre-order from Batman to Marvel: Ultimate Alliance 2, and pre-ordered Batman for $38.xx, and just paid for the full amount. One happy camper here :)

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']Can anyone tell me if the EBs in Canada have been offering the Scarecrow pre-order bonus? That's one thing that'll get me to purchase at EB over BB. Thanks.[/QUOTE]
I just pre-ordered it today (at eb) and was told that it will come with scarecrow bonus.

[quote name='thelaughingman']isnt there some baloney guy who was clearing out blockbuster stores?[/QUOTE]

yes that one is bad(though I think that one is usually bsing to get a reacion), but grappos is the one who goes on and on and on about running outright scams with the sports ones (like the fight night trade 1 deal) by buying a bunch and returning them all, and how they better give him the whole $70 or else type posts. if you've got to do scammy stuff like that, why brag about it repeatedly too? He sees doing that like as being in business?!

Hi guys. I just learned about this deal and was wondering since I preordered Batman AA through T3 back in July would I be able to change it to say Demon's Souls or Alpha Protocol or even something that is on Gaming Guarantee like Marvel UA2.

Then I'd take in my copy of KZ2 and trade it in towards Batman AA, would I receive +20% bonus credit and be able to pickup the game on a different day at the same price ?(like pick it up on Wednesday or Thursday and still be charged 39.98 on the receipt and not 69.99 ?
:)

Okay I got mine pre-ordered in Toronto at EB. He said the low price is only for the first day, and that the bonus is bundled. If you pick it up on the second day it'll be back to full price. Also, they were sold out of collector's editions if anyone cares. Annnd he said that he already made most of the calls (this early?) so I probably wouldn't be receiving a call about it.

bread's done
Back